can He be replaced? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2000, 16:15 Thread Starter
gOD
Legend

For the last time (i'll really try) i want to say how stupid the anderlecht-board was in giving zetterberg to olympiakos.

anyway anderlecht has to pull itself together. next saison we have an enormous problem. although arie haan (didn't he coach in greece?) said anderlecht would be better without zetterberg, we all now he was talking b***t. zetterberg was not only the man with brillant ideas, he was also the leader of the team. along with enzo scifo he could really pull the team over the line. who will do that next saison?

staelens? maybe 1 year but then he will retire
de wilde he could do it but that isn't really his character.
goor? maybe.

i think this will be a saison like brugge had this year. a lot of talent but out of organisation 'cause of the lack vanderelst left behind.

then their is the question who will be the new playmaker. everybody looks at stoica, some at baseggio and i'm afraid antheunis will look at besnik hasi.

the last 2 are defensif midfielders so i don't think that would be a good idea, although walter baseggio could do it but only in some games.

then stoica he is a question mark. i don't belief he's a real "number 10". he more like degryse, zola, delpiero. as baggio calls it "a 9,5". more someone behind the strikers. physically not strong enough to do it 90 minutes. still i belief we must give him a chance. a real chance at least 7 or 8 games without pulling him to the bench. he has the class to proove me wrong hopefully aimée will give him that chance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2000, 17:30
Premier Player

Zetterberg can't be replaced and Anderlecht will not replace him. I think they are going to play a whole different style next season. No Scifo, Zetterberg next year. A loss in the midfield. And i don't expect Goor and Koller to stay.

Anderlecht said Koller had to stay until september so they are already thinking about letting him go. As replacement for Goor you will get Hendrickx and when he is in form he will be a good replacement.

Next year also Bassegio will leave. You're team is falling apart i think.

Staelens, De Wilde,.. they can't lead the team like Zetterberg did. It will be hard to find someone !

Anderlecht is going to play more 'work' football next years i think. Look what Antheunis did in Genk. The team was focused on a couple of players and the rest were fighters and workers. Atheunis is getting results with this now but it isn't really thinking forward. You also need to have some class players who can create something and decide the game with one moment. Stoica could do it but he ain't the same player as Zetterberg. Like you said he is more a type of second striker..
Hopefully he will show his class next season and is going to play more on a same level.

They are planning to buy a young Ivorian striker but are they going to be patient enough with him ? How many young talents had Anderlecht already let go, far too many !

I don't see a bright future for Anderlecht right now. De Wilde a couple of more years. Staelens one more year ? Vanderhaeghe isn't really a buy for the future...

Actually i think like the things are now Brugge has the best papers to be the next Champions
Aaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhh

And i think also that even STVV can beat you on the first day of next season right now
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2000, 07:19
Driver X

I heard Bart Goor might be going to Ajax

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2000, 08:45
Premier Player

Goor might also go to Sunderland and other teams. There are a lot of rumours right now. But he will cost a lot and no team wants to pay what Anderlecht asks right now.
Personally i don't think Ajax is a better team right now. According to what i saw last season the best thing is to stay then leave for Ajax in my opinion.

The latest rumour on Koller is that Newcastle wants him. Robson could use Temur Ketsbaia or Silvio Maric as make-weights in the deal, as the Ł7 million fee would use a significant part of Newcastle's limited transfer budget.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in