Zetterberg leaves .... - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2000, 13:51 Thread Starter
Premier Player

At least untill now. He can earn a lot more money in Greece but he still hasn't signed. He said that if it was only for the money he would have signed immediately but there are also other things that count he says.

Now he asked Anderlecht if he could have a position in the club after his career.. So it seems that he wants to stay in Belgium.

If he does, my respect for him will even be more !

GO Zetterberg (at least one player that don't only thinks about money in this football-world)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2000, 11:41 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Zetterberg gets a new an improved contract from Anderlecht. Seems that they definitely want him to stay. Although Zetterberg already wasn't sure to leave 'his' club.
A player with love for his club. You don't find them everywhere...

Must be good news for the Anderlecht fans here (and the normal football fans ofcourse )

post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2000, 21:51 Thread Starter
Premier Player

well, he is going to sign for Olympiakos afterall. A great player who leaves Anderlecht and there will be more to follow. Anderlecht can start whole over again if Koller, Goor, .. are also leaving.

"I didn't sleep the last nights" he said. "I almost cried whe i called Vanden STock to announce my decision. What hurts the most is that i can't say goodbye to my supporters. It were the 13 most beautiful years in my life. THere are no words to describe how sad i am right now"

But Zetterberg asks that people understand his decision. He can earn more then $1,3 million without the bonus for winning games etc.

"Everyone told me to do it, and when i didn't i was crazy. If i wanted to have one more challenge in my career this was my chance. I didn't signed yet. There are a few details but i made my decision" he said.

[Edited by Kevin on 25-06-2000 at 23:00]

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2000, 22:22
gOD
Legend

i'm not understanding his decision at all. as much as i respect zett as a player, i'm enormously dissapointed in him. one more challenge that i understand, so why not take a real one. italy, spain (!) even england i would have understood, but greece? i can't imagine olympiakos going further in the cl than anderlecht and the greec title who the hell wants that trophee.

the only reason zett left is for the money. now i'm not informed how much he makes at anderlecht, but i would be very surprised if he could spend all that in one lifetime. so i don't get it . why wanting more? pär is just being greedy.

i know he will do good. olymopiakos has made one great signing, but still i can't wiss him luck i just can't. it is such a waste. not for belgianb footbal, but for football in general.

gOD also in mourning
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2000, 22:44 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Here is a copy of my other post that i put in the Greece forum for people who didn't go there

Well gOd, i have to disagree with you. Olympiakos is one step higher then Anderlecht. Did you see them in the CL last year. They were impressing. Anderlecht played some good games in Europe last season but they don't come close to Olympiakos in my eyes. They have more money and have more chance to achieve there ambitions in my opinion.
Zetterberg said many times that he only wanted to stay with Anderlecht when they are ambitious anough and feels he can win something in Europe there. He must have felt that he had more chance to do it with Olympiakos than with Anderlecht. I'm not saying they're winning the CL but they have more chance to go further then Anderlecht. Sorry, i would like to see it the other way also ..
When Anderlecht is going to sell Koller, GOor, .. They can start all over again and again few years are wasted.
I can understand him for his ambitions (but he also did it for the money ofcourse..)
BTW : Olympiakos is in the CL and Anderlecht still has to play qualifications round !

Remember you still have Stoica and now it his chance to prove he is also great
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old June 26th, 2000, 13:50
gOD
Legend

but kevin you have to agree that zett is too good for greece. with all respect that is a league (like the blegian) that nobody dreams about. his only ambtion now is to make money.

gOD still in a huge depression
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old June 26th, 2000, 13:57 Thread Starter
Premier Player

The Greek league in general isn't better then the Belgian one, but the top teams there are better the the ones here. It isn't his ambition to win the Greek league but to play in a team that counts in Europe and with all respect for Anderlecht but in Olympiakos he has more chance.
I also think he is good enough for Italy,Spain,.. but if no one is interested in him there

I feel sorry for Anderlecht because if they don't can't keep Zetterberg it will be very hard to keep Koller, Goor. They aren't really 'club'-players and if they get a chance to play somewhere else they will do it and don't have to think so long as Zetterberg over it !

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old June 26th, 2000, 13:58
Xtratime Legend

I dream to play in the Greek league as you dream to play in Belgium.

gOD,you are right,but the point is that its better than the Belgian,aka an improvement since Olympiakos is more ambitius than Anderlecht,he didnt do it only for money.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old June 26th, 2000, 14:00
Xtratime Legend

Kevin,do you do this on purpose? it must be telepathy...
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old June 26th, 2000, 14:00 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Amo, almost again a post on the same time
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old June 26th, 2000, 14:02 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Damn, now you were quicker then me
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old June 26th, 2000, 15:47 Thread Starter
Premier Player

One more thing i forgot all the time ....

Don't you think the transfer sum is very low ! When you see what clubs are paying these days Anderlecht has definitely got not enough !

Players like Deflandre, Strupar, .. cost as much or more then Zetterberg ?

Where is the logic
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old June 26th, 2000, 17:47
Xtratime Legend

Yes in fact it is very low...I think that Olympiakos put a "take it or leave it" offer on the table.Zetteberg has pressed Anderlcht to accept it and they did.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old June 26th, 2000, 18:19
gOD
Legend

well amo,

i'm a point where i want to beat up any innocent person that i meet just to get rid of my fruistrations

the anderlecht-management has done some stupid things the last years, but this beats everything. i can't believe it it just can't. selling the soul of your team for a ridiculously low amount of money.

only stop you can stop me: i expect every monday a complete report on zett's game of the past weekend .

gOD in a deep depression
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old June 26th, 2000, 18:44
Xtratime Legend

How about PAOK selling Sabry to Benfica for peanuts...
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old June 26th, 2000, 19:49 Thread Starter
Premier Player

This isn't the first stupid thing from Anderlecht and surely not the last one.. They were on a good way but now they are ruining all the good things they did last years.

I'm also convinced that Antheunis just ain't the right coach for Anderlecht. He can motivate a team and gets his results now but still i don't consider him as a good coach for Anderlecht...

gOD, do you want to be in a depression every week next season when Amo tells you how good Zetterberg played and that he was a bargain
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old June 26th, 2000, 20:14
Xtratime Legend

Anyway,I really hope Zetteberg fails...can he be another Zahovic or he is good character? I wish he becomes...
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old June 26th, 2000, 21:12 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Do you hate Zetterberg ? Or can't you just stand that he would perform too good with Olympiakos

Zetterberg won't cause any problems i think. He definitly wont be another Zahovic. He is a great player on AND off the pitch !
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old June 26th, 2000, 21:40
Xtratime Legend

No I have no problem with Zetteberg...but I have with Olympiakos,I hate them...

gOD,I'm extremelly pissed of...what is this crap you are talking about? a waste for football? he "wasted" so many years in Anderlecht,an average UEFA Cup team that will have to play two qualifying rounds just to reach the Groups of CL...get your facts together,will you? he obsiulsy didnt have any offers from a better team than Olympiakos so he went to the best possible destination,definitely an improvement over Anderlecht!

I'm aware iof Anderlecht's history but right now you are harldy a tough opponent for any top 4 Greek team.No offence!
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2000, 09:49
gOD
Legend

hey amo sorry, i didn't want to piss you off. i'm only extremely diappointed. off course zett is way to good for belgium. trust me i know that, but as long as he brought my team to a higher level i didn't care. last year he ahd an ooffer of bayern munich and he didn't leave. i was surprised but happy. now all off a sudden, nobody expected this, he leaves for greece (you have to admit that's osmething else than bayern). i just can't believe it.

since you hate olympiakos i have some bad news for you though. zett is a real team player who never causes problems. unless it is a real unprofessional club , that he can't stand and then he will react. zetterberg is a real professional who totally lives for his sport (where dio you find that for such a ridiculous amount ?), but he expects this also from his teammates

gOD still recovering from a deep dip

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in