Qualifications World Cup 2002 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2000, 14:00 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Robert Waseige told that he won't change his team for the qualifying rounds. He will stay with this team and there won't be many new players are youngsters.

He said :"We have to do it with this team cause there is noone else. I don't see a player that is better then the one in this team."

Not good i think. We have to work on a new team and it is better to do it drastically then keep on doing it the wrong way. We know our mistakes but still we are repeating them !

He just is scared to the reaction when he loses one game with his youngsters i think.

I hope our talents prove him wrong next season !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2000, 15:44
gOD
Legend

i was shocked when i read that. for god's sake he doesn't see any young and talented players? baseggio, daems, englebert, de cock,... they are all twice as good as vanderhaeghen, leonard/vankerckhove/hendrickx, verheyen, deflandre.

i hope he comes to his sences soon!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2000, 19:28
Premier Player

baseggio, daems, englebert, de cock,... they are all twice as good as ..........

?????????????????????????????????????

Are you serious?

ADRIAAN

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2000, 07:01
Driver X

Vanderhaeghe and Van Kerckhoven are excellent players. They should be retained in the selection. Hendrikx is questionable, he showed nothing special during Euro 2000.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2000, 11:45 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Vanderhaeghe is a real fighter on the midfield and did a good job but Bassegio is better. He can pass the ball, has a good view on the game, he is just overall better then Vanderhaeghe. He should be playing from now on !

And Hendrickx is a good player.

Leonard is a loser ! Today he said that he feels that Waseige hasn't done the right thing with him. He didn't played enough and he won't come anymore to sit on the bench. Well Leonard, then just stay in Monaco and play with your Ferrari !
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2000, 13:28
gOD
Legend

adriaan yes of course. maybe i overreacted on vankerckhove but in general the players on euro2000 had excellent spirit, but that isn't enough. we saw it in france 1998, but we wouldn't except it. everbody fight nowadays the difference is made in technique. in that waay all those young players are much better than the old ones!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2000, 13:47
Xtratime Allstar
World Class Player

Teams: Gli Azzurri and AC Milan.
the players i would enjoy to see in the team is baseggio and toni brogno,maybe someone else,but i think the belgian team is very good only a little bit unlucky sometimes,many players didn't play as tough as they were used to,remember the holland game?
i think the team may need some more fast players,many of them are very slow.
lorenzo stalens will he not quit?
not really a future player,he will defenitely not play in wc 2002 so i think its better to drop him imediatly.
we must try hendrickx more,he's a graet player and im only waiting until the day he'll be playing in a top club.
toni brogno in-branko strupar out,he was suppost to be the star and now he was the clown
de wilde will stay,he wasn't good in the games we saw him,but he has been good in the league and who would replace him,deflandre?
i think this team will be very good soon or later,don't worry.......
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2000, 13:51 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Staelens

yes, he quits.

Hopefully someone like Van Buyten can replace him. Please, don't let it be Van Meir !

I also don't think Nilis / Strupar will be there then so we should look for the second striker. My favourite is Roussel but if someone like Cavens plays a whole season on a constant and good level he also can do it i think.

Will De Wilde be there ? I don't think so, but Waseige will choose De Vlieger as replacement in my opinion. Although i think we have better keepers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in