Offside - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2000, 14:59 Thread Starter
Premier Player

The goal from Belgium that was disallowed. Who was standing offside ? I was in a bar following the game so we couldn't hear the comment on it. Was it Mpenza or Nilis on the start of the play ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2000, 15:24
gOD
Legend

both of them, but the linesman waved for nilis.

i'm i the only one who thinks the second goal was offside?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2000, 15:33 Thread Starter
Premier Player

OK thanks

But Mpenza couldn't stay offside because when the ball bounces back from the goalie of a defender you just can't stay offside. At least that is what they told me !

The second goal from the Turks was not offside i think. There was a player who was offside but he didn't take part of the game. Sukur was also offside but he didn't get the pass and when he got the pass he wasn't offside anymore. Stupid rule if you ask me.

If i'm not wrong this was the situation :

_______Goalie_________

___X3________________X2

_______O______X1___O___

________X_____________

Ok, it is'nt totally clear but i did my best. The X are the Turks and the O's Belgium

X passes to x1 who isn't offside and when x1 ran to the goalie to situation became this :

_______Goalie_________

___X3_______O__X1_____

and when now X1 passes to X3 (Sukur) he wasn't offside anymore..

This offside rule is difficult to explain like this but i hope you understand what i meant

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2000, 20:12
gOD
Legend

well it's a bit late to come back on this, but if sukur was off-side when the pass to the other guy took place the goal should have been disallowed.

if you take part in the game (and scoring is talking part) when your offside the ref should blow. it's like the 3 goal of france against denmark (wiltord) he was offside to. smae situation and i think i saw vanlangenhoven (a well respected ex-ref)on tv being straight on that "no-goal"

so one goal that the ref gave us (m'penza) and one goal the ref gave to an opponent. not bad!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2000, 20:36 Thread Starter
Premier Player

If that's true then he was definetly offside. And an ex-ref should know better then me

I thought already that it was a stupid rule. The goal from Wiltord was even worse then ! He was more then a mile offside

But it didn't make a difference because we would have lost anyway ..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in