Another setback for belgian soccer - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2000, 11:48 Thread Starter
gOD
Legend

This looks really bad. Now the belgian league is being ripped by second or even third grade leagues as the greec and the turkish.

anderlecht sells zetterberg for only 170 million bf (not even 4.5 million euro!!!!) to olympiakos pyreaus.
zdebel prefers gencelirbrci (?) above lierse who play uefa-cup football.

modern soccer and modern football players only think about 1 single thing: money. i think it's disgusting to see how overpayed players ditch their team only for more money. they even prefer it to winning prices (let's face it greec champion isn't that big a deal).

this way the belgian league hasn't got a chance. we don't have the money oyther countries do. it is impossible to buid a team whichg can go a long way in europe (anderlecht had or better could have had such a team!). i see no way to stop this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2000, 00:24
International

Teams: gAlAtAsArAy
You are absolutelu underrrating the Turkish and greek leagues god.

They are even better than your league.

You must have realized it tonoght i guess!

it was 2-0 for turkiye if you want a reminder and dont foirget Gala's victory this year in Uefa!

Where were all youjr first class belgian teams???

Plagued By Xtratimelitis

One life, live it. Support GaLaTaSaRaY
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2000, 08:31
Driver X

So so for the Belgian national team, the Red Devils.
One minute, they are the most promising team on show, thoughts of exceeding expectation, a semi against arch-rivals Holland, next minute, theyr'e out, they lost to Turkey, and out of the tournament.

Theyv'e been quite unlucky, so many shots at goal, but it just wouldn't go in against Turkey.
Belgian were unlucky to go out of WC 98 without being defeated.
Wasiege should still remain coach, but De Wilde could have earned the last of his caps after another very dubious and disappointing performance in goal.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2000, 09:46
Premier Player

Well, Anderlecht was building on a great team, but when they now sell Zetterberg, Koller, Goor,.. they can start over again..

The other teams in Belgium just can compete on the highest level i think.

PLayers indeed only think about money. They prefer lots of money and a place on the bank then play every week for less money ! Look at all the youngsters who leave their team at a young age for a big team with stars were they can't play. It should be forbidden !

In other countries teams get a lot more money from sponsor and tv-rights. When you know that VT4 paid a lot more then VTM for those rights but the bond chooses VTM to have it you know enough !! In Belgium we have to learn a lot and in my eyes most things are done by favouritism..
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2000, 14:05 Thread Starter
gOD
Legend

what a discgrace this game was. never saw a weaker team than turkey the first 20 minutes. never mind which belgian got the ball, he always ha d a hole day to control it. never the less we didn't do anything with it (unless you count those pathetic shots of m'penza and nilis being fatser than a defender, hilarious).

then again we showed that friendly games are something completely different than such a tournament. i think denizeli was right not playing friendly gamůes. the public gets a completely wrong idea about the national team. in such games (i 've said it before and i 'll say it again even if it takes 1000 years) it seems that working hard is enough to compensate a lack of class.

wilmots, verheyen and especially vanderhaeghen how sympathetic they looked! they would ran their lungs out twice only for the team. of course they need half an hour to control a ball but that's ok 'cause they work.

well that is bull! each team works hard if you can win a tournamenyt, tjhe only thing that stays is the lack of class. just like the italy game we created nothing (we had chances but you can't say they were created they were given away by the turks). we only did that 1 the header from m'penza came after a classy dribble from nilis.

on the wc we had the same problem leekens also cared more about the team thenn about some ballerina-player (boy did we missed scifo yesterday). result dreaws against teams as south korea and mexico.

hopefully waseige knows he was wrong. belgium can't leave players as baseggio and degryse out of the team! this attitude against technical players of the national coach but also of the public has to go away otherwise we'll end up with teams as luxemburg, lichtenstein...

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2000, 14:50
Premier Player

We have to find more a mix between 'workers' and 'class' players !

I'm really looking forward to the games of the world cup qualifiers. Waseige will pick a whole different team and he has noticed (i hope) that he need more technical players like you said.

The youngsters who are coming are more technical then this generation in my opinion so it shouldn't be a problem to pick them out.

Waseige already said before the tournament that after Euro2000 he will choose lot of other players to work for the qualifiers of the world cup. But he couldn't risk it now and i agree with him although he could have choosen some other players ! (Degryse , Bassegio like you said but also a player like Van Buyten, Thys, Daems, Roussel,.. would have been better then some players now in the team !)

I don't think we'll see Strupar ever again in the team. He isn't the same anymore since he moved to England. Also bye bye Wilmots, Vanderhaeghe, Verheyen, Staelens,..
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2000, 14:51
International

I think the header from Mpenza showed something was wrong with the system. Mpenza isn't a player to play long crosses on, like Nilis gave. Mpenza is a player to get the ball from someone close to him. The name Bob Peeters came into my mind after that situation. He's strong, and therefore better is these situations.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2000, 14:57
Premier Player

De Bilde would also have been a good sub , but now, Waseige puts in Strupar !
Mpenza is a good header but yesterday he didn't prove it. The one on the cross from Nilis should have gone in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in