Teams: RWD Molenbeek - 1. FC Köln - Rotherham United FC
EURO2016 #tousenfrance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2015, 11:43 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Rising Star

Fun group ... yet if you top it, expecting Spain or Croatia in the RO16 and Germany in the QFs ... fvck it, let's go all the way and toy with France again in the final.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2016, 06:55 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Rising Star

Belgium will face Portugal in a friendly in March. The friendly with Spain that was cancelled will most likely take place in 2017. Also it's odd that we're not allowed to pencil in another friendly with a EURO2016 participant.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old January 20th, 2016, 04:18 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Rising Star

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2016, 12:20 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Rising Star

1 defender won't make the final 23 ... most likely Boyata or Meunier unless either Lombaerts or Vermaelen isn't fully fit.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2016, 10:34
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: PSV, Oranje, Macedonian NT
So... what went wrong?

Wilmots not good enough or no depth at the back?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2016, 18:05 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Rising Star

The brotherly Low Countries rivalry, I feel, is something you get into when we face each other in a derby ... can always be fun though (whatever makes you happy) ... I grew up watching a Dutch side that played very attractive football (late 1990s/early noughties) ... so whenever we give another team a chance at winning silverware, I'll support our friendly neighbours to the North ... and I'm not the only one ... even when you don't understand Dutch, you can hear the emotion in the voice of the Belgian commentator when Argentina eliminated Holland at Brazil2014:

When Argentina eliminated Belgium, you get a very different reaction on the most popular Dutch show ... VI Oranje (2014) - ''Blij dat Kutbelgen eruit zijn'' - Video Dailymotion ... kutbelgen (+/- Belgian cvnts) isn't a very creative insult but like kankerhoer (literally cancerwhore) it does make us laugh ... it's just so very Dutch, vulgar and unnecessary overkill (whore is already insulting enough, the bitch don't need to get cancer as well) and there's also our self deprecating nature and lack of Belgian nationalism (for longer than 90') ... the pundit, Gijp, doesn't bother us, the reaction from the audience however

During EURO2016, I also saw plenty of dutchies venting their frustration ... even the Dutch pundits on TV had sand in their vaginas ... still many dutchies can finally get their dose of leedvermaak ... we had some of that when Holland failed to qualify ... although most of it was being utterly shocked ... Holland aren't good but you're not that shite ... to finish behind Turkey, Czech Republic and Iceland was a massive underperformance ... well, at least you've seen that you should be able to compete with France for a direct Russia2018 berth / a Zlatan-less Sweden shouldn't present too many problems.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2016, 19:56
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Ajax | Oranje
White Rabbit, what did you do!? ;-)
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2016, 20:21 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Rising Star

No worries ... I've almost digested our EURO2016 failure ... Wilmots hasn't resigned yet ... and before that happens, I will be in sad lil' Belgian mode ... correction, fvck Belgium ... I'm a proud Brabander again.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2016, 00:06
Star Player

Teams: Dutch football
Both sides are really guilty to this.

There are a lot of Belgians who don't want us to win but there's also a group who supports us.
And yes, a lot of Dutch people wanted Belgium to fail but there were many who supported them.

"Always look on the bright side of life"
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2016, 00:38
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by chivu View Post
White Rabbit, what did you do!? ;-)
I have no idea what just happened

Fyi @Foefke I didn't watch the game and was generally interested to get your take on what went wrong.

And also i'm not Dutch so I don't really care about all that rivalry stuff. I even had $100 on Belgium to win the Euros
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2016, 01:19 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Rising Star

It's always better to vent than to bottle up ... I even encourage it but in the last 4 years or so I've seen our usually subdued/fun-loving rivalry turn sour.

@White Rabbit ... I know, you asked me about that Macedonian player at Anderlecht IIRC (and I added the words "when you don't understand Dutch") + that post wasn't meant for your eyes only. Funny thing with Holland fans from other countries is that they don't really understand/care about the rivalry and tend to take it too far ... mostly fans from the US (based on the frequent use of salty, choke, etc. ... and any "creative" variation of those words).

About what went wrong ... we've been kicking in the same open doors for years now ... I'm sick of repeating it ... Wilmots is unable to come up with simple gameplan let alone a sophisticated one ... looking at the players that Wilmots can use we should be enjoying a team that's built to attack ... free flowing 4-3-3 football ... our defenders on the opponents half, lines not too far apart, short combinations + always looking to drive/pass forward first, developing play more centrally (instead of letting the team be easily funneled into U-shape bezigheidstherapie) and aggressive pressing high up the pitch ... when we don't have the ball at least force bad passes/make their decisions hard or try to win the ball in dangerous areas. This should have been on display now ... I've seen us play (in friendlies though) where Wilmots unleashes the XI and they struggle a lot less to break down packed defenses ... Wilmots has a solidity fetish as well ... and when the players listen to him, the result is woeful.

PS we go out => the first time somebody posts in here since the start ...

Last edited by Foefke; July 4th, 2016 at 16:04.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old July 16th, 2016, 03:14
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Wilmots out

Any news on who the replacement will be?
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old July 16th, 2016, 03:25 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post
Wilmots out

Any news on who the replacement will be?
We'll know in August ... I wanted Preud'homme in ... not going to happen though ... Verhaeghe (Bruges) is FA strongman now. Van Gaal being mentioned a lot ... a couple of Hiddink rumours ... Advokaat offered his services (doesn't he have a contract with Holland?).

Mostly unfounded rumours now anyway.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2016, 22:54 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Rising Star

Said before EURO2016 that anything less than SFs would be a failure ... still it isn't a big surprise that Wilmots found another way to be wasteful. As a silver lining ... Wilmots failing to beat Wales in the QFs was the final and decisive straw to end his tenure as our manager ... Belgium's line-up was the youngest to start in a tournament in roughly 50 years (basically since the beginning of the EC) ... these kids will be hungry and will be ready to prove themselves to a new NT manager ... and we were up there with the big boys ... in fact nobody created more chances per game than Belgium

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in