cedric roussel!!! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2000, 21:02 Thread Starter
Xtratime Allstar
World Class Player

Teams: Gli Azzurri and AC Milan.
i know he plays for coventry but nothing more.
can someone tell me more about him?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2000, 21:18
Premier Player

Cedric is well on his way to becoming one of the great City bargain buys of all time. He arrived at Highfield Road on-loan to solve a striker crisis in October 1999 and quickly formed an impressive partnership with Robbie Keane. Several outstanding displays and a first City goal in the derby win over Villa endeared him to the Sky Blues faithful and persuaded Gordon Strachan to make the move permanent. He also scored 2 great goals in the game in Manchester Utd that Coventry lost 3-2. He is very good and was topscorer of the Belgian U21 although he wasn't a starter all the time. He is 1.89 m tall i believe and has an excellent heading. Is fast and finds easily the way to the nets. A very promising young star and you will hear a lot of him in the future i think. He also has played a few games with the Belgian national b-team and he hopes to be part of the national a-team for the world cup 2002 !

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2000, 22:05
gOD
Legend

Roussel definitey is a good striker. in the u21 he was topscorer with an incredible high amount of goals and as kevin said most of the time he wasn't a starter.

cedric is a striker who doesn't really make the actions himself but who scores quite easily if he feels trusted (very important he needs confidence). he has a good head the right attitude and a dazzeling shot. indeed if coventry is ready to give him some time, they 've bought a real good striker for no money.

ps: and then you haven't seen l. delorge (also at coventry). a right winger with lots of talent, but unfortunately injured for some time.

------------------
Always trying to be modest. And damn proud of it!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2000, 22:49 Thread Starter
Xtratime Allstar
World Class Player

Teams: Gli Azzurri and AC Milan.
i recently read in a swedish newspaper that he was the belgian player to score the most goals in the national team ever(18)
this must be some kind of joke cause what i know he's very young and has never even played for the national team.
but which player has score the most goals for the belgian national team?
ceulemans,van der berghe or scifo maybe someone else?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2000, 23:04
Premier Player

Maybe the record about Roussel was from the U21 team ! They scored a lot and it is possible that Roussel scored so much. He scored surely more then 15 times this season with the U21.

There are 2 players who have scored each 30 goals for the belgian national team. One of them is Paul Van Himst but the other one i don't know. First i thought it would be Ceulemans but that was wrong. I can't help you with that for the moment...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2000, 23:21
gOD
Legend

the other one is mermans (i think)

------------------
Always trying to be modest. And damn proud of it!

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2000, 00:01
Premier Player

Indeed, mister Anderlecht, Mermans.

Belgiums best player ever according to recent polls.
Never seen him play, his not from my generation. Accually I think he died ( unnaturally) before I was born.

ADRIAAN
_________

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in