Choices - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2000, 01:54 Thread Starter
gOD
Legend

Saw the danemark-game and i have to say it was ok. belgium created a lot of chances and especially lokonda emile m'penza showed he will be a player to look for next week.

although some things could be learned from the game, still i think this last test didn't clear everything out.

of course there is no way waseige can put vankerckhoven out of the team. he had a good second half and more important: how did leonard manage to suck that much? i don't think i have ever seen a defender being passed soo easy ad he was last night. of course devlieger (let's pray dewilde get better quick) and valgaeren didn't look that good with the premier danish goal, but i think it was leonard's "fault".

then there was strupar. he didn't play bad at all but in the 30 minutes he could play, nilis showed what we all knew: the fact that he has way more class than strupar. therefore i think waseige will start with nilis instead of strupar.

the only thing i'm not quite sure of is the position of right back. for gronkjar, deflandre was as diffuct to pass as a tree would have been. and when hendrickx came on gronkjar was happy to have a carrier left in football. hendrickx could have had 3 red cards in 45 minutes. i don't think who plays left for sweden and italy's pessoto isn't that hard, but with abdullah of turquey we'll need a better right back. who will waseige choose deflandre hendrickx or peeters?

------------------
Always trying to be modest. And damn proud of it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2000, 02:54
Premier Player

I think the problem is that our wing defenders our way to offensive. They can deliver a good cross, passing,.. but they lack in defensive skills to be a top-player.

Gronkjaer is a great player but he had a too easy game against our defenders as you said. The first goal started by Leonard but still i think that his fault should have been 'saved' by De Vlieger. They did both a mistake.

On the left we should play with Van Kerckhoven and on the right still Deflandre. He had a hard game against Gronkjaer but the guy is world class so you can't blame him. Deflandre surely can do better ! Peeters and Hendrickx are not better in my opinion.

De Wilde should be back against Sweden and otherwise Herpoel should be playing. He won't because Waseige has De Vlieger as second choice ... but I like Herpoel better then De Vlieger.

For the choice between Stupar/Nilis i would still give Branko one more chance. He should be more in form next week and can do more against Sweden as Nilis i think. He is better target man, Nilis is more technical, running with the ball and so on. Those qualities are better against Italy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in