Can anybody explain this - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2001, 10:05 Thread Starter
gOD
Legend

Lokeren has sold Marcel Mbayo to Gençlerbirligi, the Turkish team of Patrick Nys and Thomas Zdebel. They probably got a good price for the right-winger, but in my opinion the Congolian was one of the best, not to say the best right-winger in Belgium. Not surprisingely Udinese showed it's interest earlier this season. Therefore I'm quite sure that they would have got more money if they waited. It also shows their claims of getting a 5 place are just rubbish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2001, 21:54
Premier Player

They will probably go out from the fact everything is going well too while Mbayo didn't play .. And a team like Lokeren needs to sell players to not get in debts at the end of the season. Maybe they wanted the money now while his value wouldn't raise when they were going to wait.

I read they weren't happy with him anymore because he had again problems with returning from an international call up, and that is most likely one of the reasons too..
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2001, 09:43
Premier Player

I read yesterday (don't remember where, probably VM) that Lokeren got around $1,1 million for him which is quite a lot though.. The president of Lokeren also confirmed that he maybe could have got more but he wasn't sure if he would get this at the end of the season so he accepted the offer now.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2001, 09:46 Thread Starter
gOD
Legend

Do you think Lokeren needed the money that badly?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2001, 10:00
Premier Player

I think that for a team like Lokeren $1,1 million always is usefull. They probably wouldn't need it right now but it's hard for such a team to reject such an offer.

In an interview with Verhoost he told that he had to keep his club healthy and therefor the transfer of Mbayo was needed.

On the other hand he is sure to have enough talent in his team and he is planning to bring some new african talents to Lokeren..
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2001, 10:04 Thread Starter
gOD
Legend

Yes, I don't know how they do it, but they'll probably bring another super-talent from Africa to Lokeren
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2001, 11:49
Premier Player

Yes, it's unbelievable how they always find those talented players. They have good connections and a satellite club there but still ..
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2001, 12:12 Thread Starter
gOD
Legend

I read they would co-operate with ASEC Abdjan (is that the team of Zokora and Aruna?). Lokeren wanted Hulshof as their man there, but the deal failed since Mechelen offered him their trainersjob. Still it looks like Lokeren is working at a decent network and one can only applaud that.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2001, 18:24
Ultra B

Hi Belgian fans,

I have a lot of European football friends and I have one too who supports Lokeren. When I read this message I asked him if he knew more. He said Lokeren sold Mbayo just for the money. There would be already a new African international to replace him (Guinee int.) 23 years old. Next to that Lokeren wouldn't sell his top attack Bangoura-Olufade. My friend sent me a tape of him, Olufade is really good. Another thing, Hulshof would have asked Lokeren itself to come and not the other way around, ex-coach Billen from Malinois would scout Satellite Abidjan club of Lokeren which is not ASEC. Lembi, Ekakia, Youla, Koller,... Lokeren seems to have a great scouting to make stars from nobodies.

FORZA NAPOLI E FORZA LOKEREN

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2001, 23:42
Premier Player

Do you also have a name for this Guinee international Ultra B ? It's unbelievable that it's always Lokeren who signs these Africans. Or the scouts from the other clubs that stupid or don't they look for players there ...

There are so many Belgian teams who bring in talents according to them but it's mostly the ones from Lokeren who perform well.

Anderlecht and Genk did a good job this year too though with Aruna and Zokora
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2001, 18:38
Ultra B

Hi friends,

My friend said it isn't yet known what his name is but he should arrive there in a few weeks. As soon as he tells me I will post it here. What my friend said is that not one Belgian team has such a great scouting net as Lokeren. They have many people searching talents for them in Ivory Coast and they also signed a contract with all Congo as the first choice to get the talents.

Forza Napoli
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2001, 09:31 Thread Starter
gOD
Legend

They found a replacement for m'bayo. His name Syllah Abdulaye Karim, he's 23 years old and he's a regular in the Guinea NT. He plays attacking midfielder. I'm curious to see if he's the next diamond in Lokeren.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2001, 17:53
Ultra B

As I've heard Olufade is the start there.

ONORE A NAPOLI
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2001, 18:00 Thread Starter
gOD
Legend

Yes do you know him.

Adekamni Olufade scored twice this weekend, again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in