Playoffs 2010 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2010, 12:44 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Athletic Club, FC Utrecht & VVV-Venlo
Playoffs 2010

As everyone knows some ridiculous playoffs will finish the season in Belgium, here an overview...

Eerste Klasse (1st level)
As Mouscron went bankrupt no team will go down directly this season, which meand the number 15 (Roeselare) will go into relegation playoffs with clubs from Tweede Klasse.

Playoffs I
The championship will be decided between the best six teams out of the regular competition, clubs will remain 50% of their points reached in the regular league and start a new 'mini-competition' between them, home and away.
Playoff I standings so far:
1. Anderlecht 0 - 35
2. Club Brugge 0 - 29
3. AA Gent 0 - 25
4. KV Kortrijk 0 - 23
5. Sint Truiden 0 - 21
6. Zulte-Waregem 0 - 21

Playoffs II
Numbers 7 untill 14 from the regular league will be put into two groups and start a new league, home and away. Both group winners will face each other in a playoff over two matches. The winner of this playoff will play the number 4 (if the cup winner finishes top-4, the number 5) of playoff I for one Europa League spot.
Group A
- KV Mechelen
- Cercle Brugge
- Westerlo
- Lokeren

Group B
- Standard Liège
- Germinal Beerschot
- Racing Genk
- Charleroi

Eerste / Tweede Klasse (1st and 2nd level)
The champion of Tweede Klasse directly goes up to Eerste Klasse. Number 2, 3 and 4 join Roeselare to play in a group, home and away matches. The group winner stays or goes up to Eerste Klasse.

Tweede / Derde Klasse (2nd and 3rd level)
Numbers 18 and 19 from Tweede Klasse directly relegate to Derde Klasse and will be replaced by the two Derde Klasse champions.
Numbers 16 and 17 will play a final round with six teams from Derde Klasse. Participants will be numbers 16 and 17 from Tweede Klasse, numbers 2, 3 and 4 from 3A and three period winners from 3B. These eight teams will be drawn into four semi-finals. The four winners advance to the finals, when two Tweede Klassers enter the finals they will be drawn against eachother so there will be always a new team which goes up. The winners of the two finals stay or promote to Tweede Klasse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2010, 21:58
Premier Player

Teams: Club Brugge, 1.FC Union Berlin
cheers Knoert!! I wonder about next year. Guess most people want the play-offs gone, or at least altered

http://youtu.be/id5miD_uZDk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg0Re9aBJt4

"You wanna waste my time? Okay. I call my lawyer. He's the best lawyer in Miami. He's such a good lawyer, that by tomorrow morning, you gonna be working in Alaska. So dress warm."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in