LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old October 22nd, 2008, 14:06 Thread Starter
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Teams: RSC Anderlecht
The Movie Thread

The Children of Huang Shi

Short Summary:
About young British journalist, George Hogg, who with the assistance of a courageous Australian nurse (Lee Pearson), saves a group of orphaned children during the Japanese occupation of China in 1937.

My opinion:

Even though generally this film didn't got superb critics, I thought it was an excellent movie. Maybe because I like movies being based on true stories.

Mattheus 7:1-6
Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2008, 16:02
Star Player

Teams: FC Bruges
James Bond - Quantum of Solace

Horrible

The Dark Knight

Good acting performances, great special effects ... the first Batman movie I actually enjoyed.

#23 François Sterchele || 14/03/1982 - 08/05/2008

"Rêve comme si tu vivais éternellement, vis comme si tu mourais demain ..."
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old December 22nd, 2008, 18:37
Star Player

Teams: FC Bruges
In Bruges

One of the best movies I saw this year. Great acting performance's and off course a great scenery with the medieval Bruges

Death Race

Typical American "shoot, big tits and say 100.000 times the word **** " movie

The Incredible Hulk

See Death Race

#23 François Sterchele || 14/03/1982 - 08/05/2008

"Rêve comme si tu vivais éternellement, vis comme si tu mourais demain ..."

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old December 22nd, 2008, 19:04
Rising Star

Teams: Tampa Bay Lightning, FC Barcelona, Club Brugge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue @ngel View Post
The Dark Knight

Good acting performances, great special effects ... the first Batman movie I actually enjoyed.

I watched it today. I thought Batman Begins was a decent action movie, and this one may be a little bit better. It was pretty long though.

My top 10 movies of 2008:

1. Into The Wild - beautiful roadmovie, one of the best of all-time, must-see for everyone
2. Juno - maybe the funniest movie of the year, and -of course- Ellen Page!
3. No Country For Old Men - best crime movie of the year, and the next great Coen fillm. Javier Bardem is awesome.
4. Iron Man - best action movie o/t year, Robert Downey Jr. is one of my favourite actors anyway
5. Tropa de Elite - comparable to Cidade de Deus, only not as brilliant; crime movie about the favelas of Rio
6. Forgetting Sarah Marshall - FUNNY as hell, great comedy, and Mila Kunis & Kristen Bell aren't horrible to look at :smileani:
7. 3:10 to Yuma - a good old-school western, very enjoyable
8. There Will Be Blood - while I didn't really like some of P.T. Anderson's previous films, this one was pretty good
9. In Bruges - decent movie, filmed in a beautiful city funny sometimes but not as good as I'd hoped
10. [Rec] - Spanish horrormovie; very short but also very intense

I still have to go and see Loft by the way, that one would probably also make my top 10 list.

Scotty doesn't know.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2008, 22:15
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savi View Post
I still have to go and see Loft by the way, that one would probably also make my top 10 list.
Well I went to see it last night and it definitely makes my Top 10 movies of the year. Another excellent thriller by Erik Van Looy, very good screenplay and a few unexpected turn of events at the end of the movie leaves you guessing on how the story will end.

Also, what I saw from that TV-show Sara, Veerle Baetens looked a bit like a seut but now, if you watch her in Loft, she's actually a beautiful woman imo

Scotty doesn't know.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2009, 00:04
Rising Star

Just went to see Slumdog Millionaire. Great movie, very exciting and original. Thoroughly enjoyed

Scotty doesn't know.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2009, 05:42
Fourth Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
Premier Player

Teams: The mighty Belgian NT
Saw Slumdog Millionaire as well and really enjoyed it, although I think all the oscars are a bit too much. Well either that or there haven't been enough good movies in the last year, which is probably more likely with a high number of very predictable patterns.

Another one I really liked was Milk. Sean Penn was brilliant in his role, very credible.

Then went to see Vicky Cristina Barcelona. I used to be a big fan of Woody Allen (Annie Hall, Manhattan, New York Stories, Manhattan Murder Mystery, Everyone Says I Love You, Sweet And Lowdown, Small Time Crooks just to name a few ) but I'm a bit over him by now. I liked the actors in it - Javier Bardem coz he's great and Penelope Cruz + Scarlett Johansson coz they're just hot - but the movie itself was a bit of a nothing story.

Also saw Il Y A Longtemps Que Je T'Aime. Mrs Pep loved it, while I could see why it was a good movie but wasn't in the mood at the time. Missed large parts of conversations while I was snoozing away, that wouldn't have helped .

An old movie I'd never seen before and is nothing short from fantastic is Chinatown with Jack Nicholson by Roman Polanski. Very simple but extremely capturing, unlike many movies today.

Δεν ελπίζω τίποτε. Δεν φοβάμαι τίποτε. Είμαι λεύτερος.

Justice is judgement that is both fair and forgiving. Justice is not done until everyone is satisfied, even those who offend us. Justice is not only the way we punish those who do wrong but is also the way we try to save them.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2009, 15:56
Premier Player

Teams: Club Brugge, 1.FC Union Berlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepinovic View Post
Then went to see Vicky Cristina Barcelona. I used to be a big fan of Woody Allen (Annie Hall, Manhattan, New York Stories, Manhattan Murder Mystery, Everyone Says I Love You, Sweet And Lowdown, Small Time Crooks just to name a few ) but I'm a bit over him by now. I liked the actors in it - Javier Bardem coz he's great and Penelope Cruz + Scarlett Johansson coz they're just hot - but the movie itself was a bit of a nothing story.
But aren't most of Woody Allen's movies a bit of nothing stories?? That's what makes them good IMO

http://youtu.be/id5miD_uZDk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg0Re9aBJt4

"You wanna waste my time? Okay. I call my lawyer. He's the best lawyer in Miami. He's such a good lawyer, that by tomorrow morning, you gonna be working in Alaska. So dress warm."
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2009, 14:42
Premier Player

Teams: Club Brugge, 1.FC Union Berlin
I saw a great movie yesterday: Clint Eastwood's "Gran Torino"

Great story, great acting

One of the best movies i have seen in the past few years

Clint Eastwood: all time great

http://youtu.be/id5miD_uZDk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg0Re9aBJt4

"You wanna waste my time? Okay. I call my lawyer. He's the best lawyer in Miami. He's such a good lawyer, that by tomorrow morning, you gonna be working in Alaska. So dress warm."
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old March 7th, 2009, 07:13
Star Player

Teams: BRUGGE Celtic,Schalke,VCF - Belgium, Slovenia
The Reader: not bad, but no masterpiece either and Kate Winslet is good as always, but had better performances than this one.

'There has never been anything false about hope.' (Barack Obama)
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2009, 17:05 Thread Starter
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Teams: RSC Anderlecht
Just got me the whole Rocky collection ... Will cost some time to watch them as the next coming weeks will be quite busy

The Italian Stallion

Mattheus 7:1-6
Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in