Steven Defour - No move for him at this moment ... - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2009, 03:59 Thread Starter
Star Player

Steven Defour - No move for him at this moment ...

Marca saying Defour would be a plan B if we failed in signing Alonso, any thoughts about it?

Quote:
One time we played Cagliari and before the game I asked him: 'Do you know the name of the centre-back of Cagliari?' 'No'. 'No?! You are not a professional. You have to know the skills of the opponent. You have to know the name of the centre-back'. 'Mister', said Ronaldo, 'I don't know the name of the player I play against. But he knows me'!''
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2009, 05:01
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Teams: RSC Anderlecht
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco View Post
Marca saying Defour would be a plan B if we failed in signing Alonso, any thoughts about it?
Defour to Real ? In a way I can't believe it. I mean, moving from the Belgian league to Real is like skipping 50 steps In another way I do believe Defour can make it at the highest level. Why ? He has work rate, more than enough technical abilities and the grinta to work himself up.

I do expect a bad translation from Marca though Defour is candidate n°1 to replace Xabi Alonso at Liverpool. This 'rumour' has been confirmed by his manager

Mattheus 7:1-6
Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2009, 05:58 Thread Starter
Star Player

true, but Felliani is doing just great at EPL.

Quote:
One time we played Cagliari and before the game I asked him: 'Do you know the name of the centre-back of Cagliari?' 'No'. 'No?! You are not a professional. You have to know the skills of the opponent. You have to know the name of the centre-back'. 'Mister', said Ronaldo, 'I don't know the name of the player I play against. But he knows me'!''

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2009, 01:05 Thread Starter
Star Player

again, Defour on the front page

Quote:
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2009, 07:50
Star Player

Teams: FC Bruges
Probably some digusting tactic from Mierda to get Xabi even cheaper

#23 François Sterchele || 14/03/1982 - 08/05/2008

"Rêve comme si tu vivais éternellement, vis comme si tu mourais demain ..."
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2009, 14:11
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue @ngel View Post
Probably some digusting tactic from Mierda to get Xabi even cheaper
Defour his manager knew already that Defour was on RM's list right after the test games of last season.

And as both boards of Standard and Real have quite a good relationship ...

Would be nice to see Defour at such a club though.

Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2009, 15:02
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRSCA View Post
Defour his manager knew already that Defour was on RM's list right after the test games of last season.

And as both boards of Standard and Real have quite a good relationship ...

Would be nice to see Defour at such a club though.
It would be the most stupid move he could ever make. First of all, he's not good enough, quite simple. It's not a matter of too young, or not experienced enough ... simply a matter of pure quality.

And clearly he's nog going to play Diarra, (Xabi), Guti, VDV, Sneijder, Gago out of the team. Even if they sell a few players, he'll still be nothing more than a benchwarmer

And I don't see them paying a player who doesn't act like a Hollywood ballerina who won't make them tons of cash in Asia

I would like to see them buy him though, if that means that the keep their claws of Xabi

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2009, 22:58
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Tomorrow there will be an interview with Defour in Marca

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2009, 01:17 Thread Starter
Star Player

Defour saying he can do as good as Xabi Alonso , AS saying we might sign him if we failed in signing Alonso today.

Quote:
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2009, 09:55
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco View Post
Defour saying he can do as good as Xabi Alonso , AS saying we might sign him if we failed in signing Alonso today.
A big to that Marca journalist p

Defour said he hopes to be able to do the same as Xabi Alonso, hopes to do as good as Xabi Alonso ...

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2009, 10:51
Star Player

Comparing Defour with Xabi Alonso, what a prick

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2009, 12:10
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

AGENT - REDS IN FOR DEFOUR
Steven Defour's agent has confirmed that Liverpool are keen on the Belgian star.

Real Madrid have joined the hunt for the Standard Liege playmaker, who has previously been the target of Everton and Aston Villa.

Real were considering Defour should they not sign Xabi Alonso from Liverpool, who are also viewing him a replacement for the Spaniard.
Roma's Alberto Aquilani remains a target for Rafa Benitez, but Defour is also very much on the radar for the Anfield club, who are expected to sell Alonso to Real this week.

Standard have insisted that they will not be parting company with their prized asset but, Defour feels that is not the case.

"I have an agreement with Standard Liege that I could go to a top club, and Liverpool fit the bill," the 21-year-old is quoted by the English press.

And his agent, Paul Stefani, has confirmed that Liverpool are keen on Defour.

"Steven's name has been mentioned not only at Real Madrid, but also at Liverpool - they are looking at him too," he told the Daily Mail.
"Normally he would stay for another year, but nobody could say no to clubs like those - and Liege would not stand in his way."

SkySports

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2009, 18:12
Rising Star

Teams: R.Antwerp F.C. , F.C. Barcelona
Defour is good enough for a topclub IMO, only not now but in 2-3 years
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2009, 21:52
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Quote:
Liverpool Football Club this evening confirmed they had reached agreement for the sale of Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid, subject only to a medical.

The terms of the deal will remain confidential and undisclosed.
So Real Madrid surely isn't an option anymore for this summer. But we all know Benitez also is a fan of Defour, so maybe they will go after him now.

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2009, 23:16
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRSCA View Post
So Real Madrid surely isn't an option anymore for this summer. But we all know Benitez also is a fan of Defour, so maybe they will go after him now.
I'll hang Rafa myself if he spends Xabi's money on Defour. That's like replacing Aston Martin by a Daihatsu

Xabi isn't even replacable with 100 mil I'm afraid. No one can control a midfield like he does, or divide play with such grace. Probably the most underrated player in the world ...

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2009, 08:15
Fourth Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
Premier Player

Teams: The mighty Belgian NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue @ngel View Post
Xabi isn't even replacable with 100 mil I'm afraid. No one can control a midfield like he does, or divide play with such grace. Probably the most underrated player in the world ...
Benitez tried to sell him to Juve for 20m euro last season.

He's great but he's no Xavi

Δεν ελπίζω τίποτε. Δεν φοβάμαι τίποτε. Είμαι λεύτερος.

Justice is judgement that is both fair and forgiving. Justice is not done until everyone is satisfied, even those who offend us. Justice is not only the way we punish those who do wrong but is also the way we try to save them.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2009, 19:02
Star Player

You can delete LFC from that list, since we've signed Aquilani. Hard to choose which would have been the best move though. They're both shit .... Defour's also an ass and Aquilani's always injurerd

Yeepie kayee

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2009, 19:23
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepinovic View Post
Benitez tried to sell him to Juve for 20m euro last season.

He's great but he's no Xavi
I actually rate him higher than Xavi, because he brings a more physical aproach to his game. Xavi's probably a better technician, but the way they control a midfield and the level of their passing game is pretty much equal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in