Zheyun Yé-Scandal: The Sequel ? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2008, 18:03 Thread Starter
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Teams: RSC Anderlecht
Zheyun Yé-Scandal: The Sequel ?

Zheyun Yé-Scandal: The Sequel ?

While there were already speculations about fixing games at D2 team KAS Eupen, now a new story has been unveiled. In last weeks game between RSC Anderlecht and Sint Truiden a Chinese betting office received a total amount of 1.2 dollar in bets on this game. Betting expert Karl Dhont unveiled this information in Sport / Voetbalmagazine.

The maximum amount of money that Chinese betting office received for an average Jupiler League match was around 400.000 dollars. For the game between Anderlecht and Sint Truiden amounted a total of 1.2 million dollar. Most bets were so-called score-bets. Anderlecht needed to win with 3 goals difference to deliver the gamblers profits. Ten minutes before the end of the game Sint Truiden was still in front, but in the end they lost the game 4-1.

The fact that it's again a Chinese betting office, the fact that it's perfectly the same structure as Zheyun Yé used some years ago makes this game obscure. It is again about a sinister money-traffic build up by professionals if we may believe Karl Dhont, who reported this information to the Belgian FA.

A couple of weeks ago some games of Eupen became already under investigation by the Belgian FA. There are also some sources claiming Sint Truiden regularly attracted the interest of some Chinese fans.

To be continued ...

Mattheus 7:1-6
Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2008, 18:35
Star Player

Teams: FC Bruges
Has Devroe asked Jeurissen's apologies already?

#23 François Sterchele || 14/03/1982 - 08/05/2008

"Rêve comme si tu vivais éternellement, vis comme si tu mourais demain ..."
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2008, 18:37 Thread Starter
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue @ngel View Post
Has Devroe asked Jeurissen's apologies already?
Chinese betting maffia concentrates on teams with problems, like STVV, not on referees

Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2008, 18:37
Star Player

Yeah right, they're completely innocent (again)

post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2008, 18:40 Thread Starter
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Quote:
Yeah right, they're completely innocent (again)

So anyone fancies not to hang out the Calimero and talk seriously about this possible sequel ?

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2008, 18:53
Star Player

This will probably shutdown the CL ?

If you look at the amount of time it took before the KBVB decided in the previous case, how long is it going to take now? You can't be granted that Cl-ticket or we'll file an official complaint, and the qualifiers already take place in August

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2008, 18:58 Thread Starter
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

It propably won't. Nothing happened with the league standings the first time it happened. If there is found any proof anyone of Sint Truiden was bribed, the only thing which can happen is that they lose all their points in my opinion.

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2008, 19:06
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRSCA View Post
It propably won't. Nothing happened with the league standings the first time it happened. If there is found any proof anyone of Sint Truiden was bribed, the only thing which can happen is that they lose all their points in my opinion.
And they'll just grant you the 3 points? :rollani:

STVV probably has nothing to do with it, or do you think they relegated just for fun? If you look at the goals, it's clear that there's something wrong with the decisions made by the referees. And this case does effect the league standings. If you lose that game, we'll probably take that second place and the CL-ticket

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2008, 19:08
Highly Evolved
International

Teams: KV Oostende, Rosenborg BK, Norway, Israel, Turkey
Imagine someone of RSCA would be involved ... would they dare to punish a big club like that? (they didn't dare to punish off the Nottingham case, while IMO "verjaring" should not be a valid argument when it comes to bribing)

Of course it is highly unlikely anyone of RSCA was involved. If someone was bribed, it will be an STVV player, but then they did make it quite hard on theirselves by defending them so well and only letting the 1st goal in with only 10 minutes remaining. So I wouldn't be surprised if the high bets are purely a coincidence without any bribing involved.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2008, 19:09 Thread Starter
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Quote:
And they'll just grant you the 3 points? :rollani:

STVV probably has nothing to do with it, or do you think they relegated just for fun? If you look at the goals, it's clear that there's something wrong with the decisions made by the referees. And this case does effect the league standings. If you lose that game, we'll probably take that second place and the CL-ticket
Even more, if STVV has something to do with it, and they lose all their points, we get 3 extra points But that's all speculation.

Who thought Lierse had to do anything with it some years ago by the way ?

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2008, 19:11 Thread Starter
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackedpleasures View Post
Imagine someone of RSCA would be involved ... would they dare to punish a big club like that? (they didn't dare to punish off the Nottingham case, while IMO "verjaring" should not be a valid argument when it comes to bribing)

Of course it is highly unlikely anyone of RSCA was involved. If someone was bribed, it will be an STVV player, but then they did make it quite hard on theirselves by defending them so well and only letting the 1st goal in with only 10 minutes remaining. So I wouldn't be surprised if the high bets are purely a coincidence without any bribing involved.
If you want to bribe a team, you bribe the losing team, no ?

Anyhow: Again, perfect example of some years ago. Lierse - Anderlecht 1-1. Lierse came in front. Lierse defender Fasotte did everything to gain us the win, as Yé asked to lose that match. He even made 2 (!) penalty faults in the last 10 minutes.

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2008, 19:18
Star Player

Quote:
Even more, if STVV has something to do with it, and they lose all their points, we get 3 extra points But that's all speculation.

Who thought Lierse had to do anything with it some years ago by the way ?
Lierse lost by making mistakes. STVV fought like lions and lost by refereeing decisions ... that's a difference

Anyhow, this case is completely different since it involves a direct battle for the 2nd place. Like I said, they can never just grant you the 2nd spot.

post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2008, 19:24
Highly Evolved
International

Quote:
If you want to bribe a team, you bribe the losing team, no ?
Yes, but if STVV would be bribed, then why waiting until the last minutes of the game to assure the result you promised? Why fight like lions for 80 minutes if you don't want to win? If they were really bribed, then they would have not tried to win the game and would have given Anderlecht a lifeline way before the 80th minute.

I think it is just coincidence that there were massive bets. Why would STVV want to bribe the game of their last chance to stay in D1? And as the 3rd goal was a clear offside, this would indicate the referee was bribed as well and helped STVV to get the result they promised to the betting office?

It all sounds very weird to me. The chances that we bribed Eupen in order to stay in D2 are a lot bigger. If STVV was really bribed, it is definitely very strange to fight an entire game to get a result, why would they defend themselves so well for 80 minutes if they did not even want to win?
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2008, 19:27
Highly Evolved
International

Just out of interest, and probably it is not applying to this case, but just out of interest: in case a referee is bribed by a third party that has nothing to do with the 2 clubs that play, what can be the punishment? You cannot just turn a blind eye to fraude, but you can also not really punish the 2 clubs if the referee was bribed by a third party.

Is the game being re-played in that case?
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2008, 19:37 Thread Starter
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Quote:
Lierse lost by making mistakes. STVV fought like lions and lost by refereeing decisions ... that's a difference
Giel Deferm kept standing still at the 2-1. Mistake in my opinion. Debroux heads the ball into his own goals direction. Another mistake in my opinion. The defense of Sint Truiden made several bigger mistakes this season. It could perfectly be that this isn't the only game in the end. Sint Truiden was also one of the teams at the list in 2005.

If you want another example: KV Oostende - Westerlo. Huge stakes at a win for Westerlo with 3 or more goals of difference. The game ends in 0-3, with 2 huge offside goals of Westerlo in the last 5 minutes. KV Oostende had to battle to stay in the D1. Did this change anything ? No. Oostende was relegated in the end, so nothing happened. So far the thoughts on mistakes of the referees.

Why would Anderlecht be punished with a case they have nothing to do with. Betting maffia concentrates on teams in a weak position.

That the stakes for an Anderlecht win were very high (1.90) declares people betting on this game. So it's perfectly possible a mistake by the betting office made the pool that high. A team in form versus the second last of the league table at 1.90 ? I never saw that before

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2008, 19:41 Thread Starter
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Quote:
Yes, but if STVV would be bribed, then why waiting until the last minutes of the game to assure the result you promised? Why fight like lions for 80 minutes if you don't want to win? If they were really bribed, then they would have not tried to win the game and would have given Anderlecht a lifeline way before the 80th minute.
See: Lierse - Anderlecht 1-1

Quote:
I think it is just coincidence that there were massive bets. Why would STVV want to bribe the game of their last chance to stay in D1? And as the 3rd goal was a clear offside, this would indicate the referee was bribed as well and helped STVV to get the result they promised to the betting office?
Why are human beings weak to money ? Keep in mind Yé never bribed a whole squad, but only some weak points. It's perfectly possible two players got a lot of money to lose that game with 3 goals difference, without their teammates even knowing it.

About the offside goal: See Oostende - Westerlo.

Quote:
It all sounds very weird to me. The chances that we bribed Eupen in order to stay in D2 are a lot bigger. If STVV was really bribed, it is definitely very strange to fight an entire game to get a result, why would they defend themselves so well for 80 minutes if they did not even want to win?
I rea don the Anderlecht forum from an inhabitant of Oostende they also had some Chinese fans this year in the stands. Don't know what to believe of it, but the fact there were already games of Eupen under investigation doesn't make me believe this is coincidence.

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2008, 19:43 Thread Starter
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Quote:
Just out of interest, and probably it is not applying to this case, but just out of interest: in case a referee is bribed by a third party that has nothing to do with the 2 clubs that play, what can be the punishment? You cannot just turn a blind eye to fraude, but you can also not really punish the 2 clubs if the referee was bribed by a third party.

Is the game being re-played in that case?
No, if I build on the Hoyzer case in Germany. Hoyzer was bribed by a Croatian betting maffia to lead games into the way they wanted. The results of those games still stand as they were at that time. The referee got punished, but I believe that's all they can do in such a case.

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2008, 19:45
Highly Evolved
International

I am not saying anything about Oostende-Eupen, there is enough reason for it to look suspicious. Eupen apparently have been approached for bribing before, while we were desperate for points to stay in D2. So there is definitely enough reason to consider the game as suspicious, I cannot blame anyone for that. I just hope investigation will at least prove KVO had nothing to do with it, I would be extremely disappointed if they were and in that case I'd only stick with the club if everyone involved with the bribe is sacked on the spot.
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2008, 19:46
Highly Evolved
International

Quote:
No, if I build on the Hoyzer case in Germany. Hoyzer was bribed by a Croatian betting maffia to lead games into the way they wanted. The results of those games still stand as they were at that time. The referee got punished, but I believe that's all they can do in such a case.
They cannot ask to replay the games? Even with two teams innocent, the result was still there because of fraude. But I guess this also depends how rapidly the bribe is discovered? If it is once the season is already over, you cannot really do anything but to let the result stand as it is.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2008, 19:52 Thread Starter
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Quote:
They cannot ask to replay the games? Even with two teams innocent, the result was still there because of fraude. But I guess this also depends how rapidly the bribe is discovered? If it is once the season is already over, you cannot really do anything but to let the result stand as it is.
A scheidsrechterlijke dwaling can result in replaying the game, but then it should be indeed be discovered and proven while the season is still busy.

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in