Belgian Reasons for sacking your Coach - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old December 14th, 2000, 11:23 Thread Starter
gOD
Legend

Everybody expected it and now it has happened Harelbeke have fired their coach herman Helleputte. Harelbeke hasn't got a good team. Personnally I thouhtr they would make it mainly because Helleputte is a real good coach. Still he didn't make it. Harelbeke is last in the table with only 7 points , they conceded 55 goals in only 16 games and it has been over a month that they won a point.All good reasons to sack a coach (although I don't say that would be smart).

Still that has nothing to do with Helleputte's sacking this morning. No, the coach was sacked because the new sponsors wanted to bring their own man. that man will be Gerd Zeise. "Gerd Zeise", you might ask, "who the hell is Gerd Zeise"? Wel I have absoultely no idea.

Still it doens't end there. The new sponsors also wanted to appoit a technical director. This function will be for Enver Alesic. Now that guy I do know. In 94-95 and a part of 95-96 he was coach at Genk. everybody considered him not only as a tacktical and megalomanic retard, it was also know to bring in his own players and make large amounts of money by doing so. This costed Genk lots and lots of money.

Now I know I'm a pretentious guy, but I can and will not believe that I know that, but the harelbeke-board doesn't. So can anybody please answer this question:

Why does a board agree to a deal where they have to accept that one of the most important positions in the club is filled in by an utterly corrupt, crazy guy ???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old December 16th, 2000, 03:30
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: Toronto FC, Fiorentina, Barça
The story I read said Gerd Zeise has coached "a number of German sides, notably Rot-Weiss Essen, and most recently [Rot-Weiss] Oberhausen."

Essen is Third Division; Oberhausen is Second Division.

Maybe now Harelbeke will change their colours to red and white
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old December 19th, 2000, 10:29 Thread Starter
gOD
Legend

Not a week has passed and Alesic has already shown hat a totalitarian bastard he is. Franky Frans has been told not to come at least 'till after the winter-break. Frans had questionned if the move of the Harelbeke-board was wise.

Now the Harelebeke-goallie will be Kemoko Camara. We have all seen him, we have all had a good laugh at him. Still I don't think it's funny that a professional team chooses such an awfull keeper when there is an much better alternative.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in