Lower Leagues 2007/2008 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 211 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2007, 21:25 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Athletic Club, FC Utrecht & VVV-Venlo
Lower Leagues 2007/2008

Couldn't find a topic yet, if there's one feel free to merge...

Went to CS Vise versus Excelsior Veldwezelt today, a match in the 'Derde Klasse B', Vise won 2-1.

However, I can't find the name of their stadium, someone knows that?

Is it Stade de Vise, Stade de la Cité, Stade de l'Oie?

Anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 211 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2007, 23:35
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Teams: RSC Anderlecht
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoert
Couldn't find a topic yet, if there's one feel free to merge...

Went to CS Vise versus Excelsior Veldwezelt today, a match in the 'Derde Klasse B', Vise won 2-1.

However, I can't find the name of their stadium, someone knows that?

Is it Stade de Vise, Stade de la Cité, Stade de l'Oie?

Anyone?
Stade de la Cité de l'Oie
Rue de Mons, 15
4600 Vise

www.kbvb.be > Clubs en Spelers > Adressen Clubs

Mattheus 7:1-6
Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #3 of 211 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2007, 01:03
Highly Evolved
International

Teams: KV Oostende, Rosenborg BK, Norway, Israel, Turkey
Vise have a nice little stadium and the people tend to be very friendly. Always a pleasure to go there, so I wish them well in their attempts to return to 2nd division.

Seems a few former famous teams are on their way back up. White Star Woluwe, Eendracht Aalst and Racing Mechelen are doing very well in 3rd division and probably one of them will win the league and return to 2nd division. If Aalst wins it, it would be their 2nd promotion in a row.

post #4 of 211 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2007, 01:11
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Derde Klasse A:

Derde Klasse B:

Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #5 of 211 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2007, 01:14
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackedpleasures
Seems a few former famous teams are on their way back up. White Star Woluwe, Eendracht Aalst and Racing Mechelen are doing very well in 3rd division and probably one of them will win the league and return to 2nd division. If Aalst wins it, it would be their 2nd promotion in a row.
The A League is a quite close one. Everyone can beat everyone. So I won't put money on the champions of that league. Also La Louviere is doing great in that league.

In the B League it will normally be a battle between Turnhout and Club Luik (from the mighty Rocourt stadium). What makes White Star Woluwe so famous ? Did they archieve some nice things before I was born maybe

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #6 of 211 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2007, 17:57 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRSCA
Stade de la Cité de l'Oie

www.kbvb.be > Clubs en Spelers > Adressen Clubs
Dankje!

What does it mean in Dutch, 'stadion van de ganzenstad' or something like that?

Quote:
In the B League it will normally be a battle between Turnhout and Club Luik (from the mighty Rocourt stadium).
Rocourt must have been great, hear only nice stories about that stadium, pity it's gone... why was it demolished?

Believe FC Luik are building a new stadium and play their matches nowadays in Ans? Are there pictures about the new stadium, how it's going to look?

Also, what happened to Stade Buraufosse, saw great pictures of that one, is it still in use?

Sorry too much questions, but I'm really interested in that club I know very little of.
post #7 of 211 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2007, 19:04
Star Player

Teams: FC Bruges
Quote:
Vise have a nice little stadium and the people tend to be very friendly. Always a pleasure to go there, so I wish them well in their attempts to return to 2nd division.

Iendracht Oilsjt back to glory

I don't see Aalst promoting ... they probably have the best squad in 3rd division but lost some of their key players trough injury.

#23 François Sterchele || 14/03/1982 - 08/05/2008

"Rêve comme si tu vivais éternellement, vis comme si tu mourais demain ..."
post #8 of 211 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2007, 19:08
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Quote:
Dankje!

What does it mean in Dutch, 'stadion van de ganzenstad' or something like that?

Rocourt must have been great, hear only nice stories about that stadium, pity it's gone... why was it demolished?

Believe FC Luik are building a new stadium and play their matches nowadays in Ans? Are there pictures about the new stadium, how it's going to look?

Also, what happened to Stade Buraufosse, saw great pictures of that one, is it still in use?

Sorry too much questions, but I'm really interested in that club I know very little of.
Indeed, Cité de l'Oie means 'Ganzenstad' ... Seems your French is ok

Rocourt was decayed. It was a very old stadium which didn't meet the safety matters anymore. RFC Liege needed to move in the middle of the of the 1994-1995 season. They used the stadiums of Standard and Eupen to finish the season. This was also the last season of the real RFC Liege. Nowaydays there is a Kinepolis on the place Rocourt was build. The only thing left is a simple plaque in one of the walls of the Kinepolis complex.

Le Stade Vélodrome de Rocourt

Also Bureaufosse didn't meet the safety matters anymore for so called risk games. Club Liege and Tilleur became one club: Royal Tilleur Football Club Liégeois. The club moved to the old stadium of Seraing (Le Pairay) to play those risk games there. At the start of the 2000-2001 season RFC Liege (the Tilleur part is left out of the club name) moved definitely to Le Pairay. Nowadays Bureaufosse is used by FC Tilleur Saint-Nicolas, playing in the 3th Provincial Division (D7).

Stade de Bureaufosse

Le Pairay meets the safety matters for D2 and D1, but not for very long anymore. So in June 2004 Michel Daerden (mayor of Ans and well known political) declared RFC Liege will get a new stadium in Ans.

Le Pairay

Currently RFC Liege are building a new stadium in Ans. The only thing I found was a computer simulation of the new stadium. In case RFC Liege would promote to the D2, they'll build an extra stand behind one of the goals. The stadium could host 7000-7500 spectators then ...

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #9 of 211 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2007, 23:24
Highly Evolved
International

Does Le Pairay not match the security standards?

I thought RFC Liege had to leave Le Pairay because of arguments with the stadium owners who had risen the rental price.

I hope RFCL gets their new stadium soon enough, the ground in Ans looks like a provinciale stadium and it is a shame a proud club like RFCL has to play in such a dump.
post #10 of 211 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2007, 15:15
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Quote:
Does Le Pairay not match the security standards?

I thought RFC Liege had to leave Le Pairay because of arguments with the stadium owners who had risen the rental price.
It won't match the security standards in 1-2 years. And togheter with the rent issues RFC Liege moved to Ans

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #11 of 211 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2007, 19:34 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Great post Tom!

So at this moment they're playing in Ans in this stadium, but they're building a new one in Ans too? Who's the owner of Liege's current stadium, does Ans have a club too playing there?

It's really a pity the Stade de Bureaufosse can't be used anymore, it looks great, no chance it's going to be rebuild or renovated?

Finally, about Le Pairay, it won't match the security standards in 1-2 years, does this mean also Seraing has to look for a new stadium?
post #12 of 211 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2007, 19:49
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

The new stadium will come where they play at the moment. No idea how they are going to organise that honestly ...

Why would they renovate Bureaufosse ? There is only playing a D7 team in it, so it's quite useless I guess

Seraing doesn't need to move unless they are going back up to the D1

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #13 of 211 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2007, 20:39 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Why would they renovate Bureaufosse ? There is only playing a D7 team in it, so it's quite useless I guess
Well, here a quote from the Lateral-Boys, a Fortuna Sittard fan-group who visit mainly empty stadiums (except when Fortuna plays of course )
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.fortuna-online.nl
Nadat we weer in de auto zijn gestapt, nemen we het eerste de beste straatje naar beneden. Plots, aan de rechterkant een piepklein bordje: Rue de Buraufosse. Voilà, het kan niet meer ver zijn. Na een paar honderd meter slaan we linksaf en parkeren in de Rue du Stade. Als we proberen binnen te raken, blijkt de stadionpoort gesloten. Via een openstaand hekje lukt het echter toch om zonder veel moeite binnen te komen.

Eenmaal binnen treffen we een fraai stadion aan, gelegen in een prachtige omgeving. Het stadion heeft eigenlijk alles wat een groundhopper blieft. Een busuness-seats-achtig gebouwtje, een staantribune, een zittribune en uiteraard authentieke gradins. Als je dan ook nog eens bedenkt wat voor werk het moet zijn geweest om dit voetbalplein in een heuvel aan te leggen kan alleen maar bewondering hebben voor de makers van dit bouwwerk.

Het feit dat dit stadion vooral bij intimi bekend is, heeft te maken met het niveau van de (ex-)bespeler van dit stadion. R.F.C. Tilleur Saint-Gilles speelt slechts in de 2e Provinciale klasse, regio Luik. Erg jammer, want dit stadion verdient beter.
This expresses my opinion almost exact, it's such a nice old traditional stadium, thank god it's not demolished yet, but why doesn't for example Club Luik return to this beauty, or at least some higher playing team...
post #14 of 211 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2007, 20:46
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Have they ever done the Josephatstadium in Schaerbeek ?

Curious what they would say abou that piece of art

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #15 of 211 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2007, 21:08 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:

Not them as far as I know, but have a look over here --> http://www.freewebs.com/doingthe116/crossing.htm

Another piece of art like you say, there are quite a lot in Belgium (so I've still got a lot to do ), in Brussels I've been to Joseph Marien from Union too, also a lovely one I think, just as for example Klein Heizel and maybe more in Brussel...

Are there still matches to be played at the Stadu de Crossing / Josephatstadion? Maybe just as low as the ones at Bureaufosse?
post #16 of 211 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2007, 21:29
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

They do play there still, but as you can guess, only teams from the D7 or D8. FC Kosovo and RC Schaerbeek I thought, but I'm not sure about that.

I know that the club doesn't exist anymore. Well, they merged up with VV Elewijt and are playing in Elewijt now.

I guess crackedpleasures can tell you a lot more about Crossing

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #17 of 211 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2007, 22:45
Highly Evolved
International

The site "Doing the 116" is made by a friend of mine. Nice to see his website appear at several forums, his work is not remaining unnoticed.

At the former Crossing Schaerbeek's stadium there are indeed FC Kosova and RC Schaerbeek, one is an Albanian club and the other a Moroccan one. The stadium is also being used by several amateur league teams, all composed of immigrants, FC Portugal is one of them and I believe there is another Moroccan club as well. The stadium sort of reflects Schaerbeek's multicultural population, you can say. 3 of the 4 stands cannot be used anymore for security reasons, but it's not like Kosova and RC Schaerbeek attract very large crowds, so that one stand still in use is more than okay for them.

If you look for nice old stadiums in Brussels, also go to the old La Forestoise stadium (next to Forest National concert hall) and to the Stade Trois Tilleuls (still the largest stadium in the country with 52000 capacity even though the team playing there has a crowd of 100 in average ).

And of course, like you said yourself, Union. My favourite stadium in Belgium
post #18 of 211 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2007, 17:49 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
The site "Doing the 116" is made by a friend of mine. Nice to see his website appear at several forums, his work is not remaining unnoticed.
Well it's a pleasure to read, but I don't really like English football, pity he isn't 'doing the 116' in Belgium or Germany .

btw, both KVO-fans eh?

Quote:
If you look for nice old stadiums in Brussels, also go to the old La Forestoise stadium (next to Forest National concert hall) and to the Stade Trois Tilleuls (still the largest stadium in the country with 52000 capacity even though the team playing there has a crowd of 100 in average ).

And of course, like you said yourself, Union. My favourite stadium in Belgium
La Forestoise? (must be in Vorst?, so close to Union?), and Stade Trois Tilleuls? First time I hear of these ones... honestly.

Union was great, the main stand in the middle of a quarter, the back in the middle of the Dudenpark.

- - - - - - - - - -

Here another report from the Lateral-Boys, just found it, they did the 'Ardennes-Tour', hehe.

http://www.fortuna-online.nl/pages/0....htm#montegnee

For so far I've just 'done' Sclessin, Visé and Eupen 'in the Ardennes' but I surely plan to do more .

The one in Herstal looked pretty cool too btw , just like the main stand in Spa.
post #19 of 211 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2007, 17:56 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:

Finally!

Found it --> http://www.fortuna-online.nl/pages/0...htm#schaerbeek
post #20 of 211 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2007, 18:24
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Quote:
La Forestoise? (must be in Vorst?, so close to Union?), and Stade Trois Tilleuls? First time I hear of these ones... honestly.

Union was great, the main stand in the middle of a quarter, the back in the middle of the Dudenpark.

Stade Trois Tilleuls - Drielindenstadion

Union was even greater if you go 30-40 years back in time. Het Dudenpark is almost eating the stadium, just like in Schaerbeek.

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in