Last Belgian EC winner returns in the First Division ! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2007, 10:35 Thread Starter
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Teams: RSC Anderlecht
Last Belgian EC winner returns in the First Division !

Quote:
SPEELSCHEMA

Zondag, 16u:
Antwerp - KV Mechelen
KV Kortrijk - Lierse

Donderdag 31 mei, 20.30u:
KV Mechelen - Antwerp
Lierse - KV Kortrijk

Zondag 3 juni, 16u:
Antwerp - Lierse
KV Mechelen - KV Kortrijk

Donderdag 7 juni, 20.30u:
Lierse - KV Mechelen
KV Kortrijk - Antwerp

Zondag 10 juni, 16u:
KV Kortrijk - KV Mechelen
Lierse - Antwerp

Donderdag 14 juni, 20.30u:
Antwerp - KV Kortrijk
KV Mechelen - Lierse

Bij gelijke stand wordt naar het aantal gewonnen wedstrijden gekeken. Als dat ook gelijk is, volgt een testwedstrijd.
The return of Malinwa ?
The return of Antwerp ?
Another miracle by Lierse ?
A surprise act of Kortrijk ?

What will it be ? I'm quite curious about it as Antwerp, Mechelen and Lierse will play all local derbies against eachother.

Personally I'll cheer for Malinwa. Would be great to have our last European Cup Winner back in the first division.

Mattheus 7:1-6
Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2007, 11:23
Star Player

Teams: KVK Tienen
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRSCA
The return of Malinwa ?
The return of Antwerp ?
Another miracle by Lierse ?
A surprise act of Kortrijk ?

What will it be ? I'm quite curious about it as Antwerp, Mechelen and Lierse will play all local derbies against eachother.

Personally I'll cheer for Malinwa. Would be great to have our last European Cup Winner back in the first division.
There's not really a small club in it this time. All 4 clubs have a history in D1. I hope next year Tienen can qualify, now that would be something

Quote:
Originally posted by ChampMaster
I now declare Q007 the champion CM player of all those who participated in this challenge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis View Post
and the WINNER of the XTRATIME CHAMPIONS CUP 2010/11 is...
QOO7
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2007, 13:48
Rising Star

Teams: lierse, rode duivels
Although I'm a Lierse fan I can honestly say it wouldn't really be fair if they stayed in the jupiler league. Moreover, we had a good run after our relegation year the last time and maybe the board will finally consider playing the youngsters more consistently instead of buying grandpa's.

So, if it's not Lierse I hope it will be Antwerp. Must be great to see Kevin Baert shine in the first division.

Help me, Jeebus!!!

post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2007, 14:33 Thread Starter
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q007
There's not really a small club in it this time. All 4 clubs have a history in D1. I hope next year Tienen can qualify, now that would be something
I can understand your hope, but I don't think teams like, with all my respect, have anything to do in the first division. The stadium doens't meet the regulations, those clubs don't have many supporters, etc ... They can't survive (on long term) in D1, nor sportive nor financially.

Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2007, 14:36 Thread Starter
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski
Although I'm a Lierse fan I can honestly say it wouldn't really be fair if they stayed in the jupiler league. Moreover, we had a good run after our relegation year the last time and maybe the board will finally consider playing the youngsters more consistently instead of buying grandpa's.

So, if it's not Lierse I hope it will be Antwerp. Must be great to see Kevin Baert shine in the first division.
Why wouldn't it be fair ? You fought for that playoff spot and got it on the last day of the season. It doesn't matter how a team survives. If it survives it's deserved

Lierse have great supporters, have a nice tradition, and only for those reasons it's good to see them in D1. Although Malinwa get's my support for their even bigger tradition and great fanbase.

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2007, 15:14
Star Player

Teams: FC Bruges
I hope Lierse will manage to stay in D1 ... Lier away is always great

#23 François Sterchele || 14/03/1982 - 08/05/2008

"Ręve comme si tu vivais éternellement, vis comme si tu mourais demain ..."
post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2007, 15:33
Premier Player

Teams: Club Brugge, 1.FC Union Berlin
Hoping on Malinwa too...

Anderlecht-Mechelen, Brugge-Mechelen,

Antwerp-Anderlecht 1-0, when Van Tiggelen caused that penalty kick...

those were the days

http://youtu.be/id5miD_uZDk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg0Re9aBJt4

"You wanna waste my time? Okay. I call my lawyer. He's the best lawyer in Miami. He's such a good lawyer, that by tomorrow morning, you gonna be working in Alaska. So dress warm."
post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2007, 16:36
Legend

Teams: AFC Ajax Amsterdam
I hope Antwerp manages to get back, finally. Otherwise Mechelen would be nice as well.

Mens Sana In Corpore Sano

"Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today." - Malcolm X
post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2007, 16:43
Premier Player

Teams: Germinal Beerschot, Avenir Beggen!!
God I hope Lierse goes down, its like watching a suffering dog barely surviving. Lets get some fresh blood in the league! I go for Mechelen!

post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2007, 18:10
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q007
All 4 clubs have a history in D1.
Don't remember Kortrijk playing in the 1st division, must be a while ago then :rollani:

Should be nice to see a suprising, "new" team like Kortrijk in 1st division...
A bit like Zulte Waregem in their 1st year but unfortunatly they don't have a lot money to spend, I suppose

And then I can follow the derby's between Beveren and Antwerp, KV Mechelen

Winner of the Xtratime Champions Cup 2006/2007
Winner of the XCC PL 2006/2007
8th in the XCC PL 2007/2008
2nd in the XCC PL 2008/2009
Semi-finalist Xtratime Champions Cup 2009/2010
2nd in the XCC PL 2010/2011, 2011/2012 and 2012/2013
post #11 of 61 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2007, 18:48 Thread Starter
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runes Order
Don't remember Kortrijk playing in the 1st division, must be a while ago then :rollani:

Should be nice to see a suprising, "new" team like Kortrijk in 1st division...
A bit like Zulte Waregem in their 1st year but unfortunatly they don't have a lot money to spend, I suppose

And then I can follow the derby's between Beveren and Antwerp, KV Mechelen
Hmm 9 years ago, if I remember well, they've had a 1 season spell in the D1.

And please leave Kortrijk out of D1 ... There are already 4 teams of West Flanders. That's enough I guess

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #12 of 61 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2007, 20:31
Star Player

My god, if i'm the only one to remember Kortrijk in D1, I'm really getting old ... KV Kortrijk played end of '70s till beginning of the '90 in D1 (from 1976 to 1992). Out of 16 consecutive seasons they played 15 in D1! In 1982 they even finished 6th in the league. I remember them playing great matches against Club Brugge. Both Mpenza brothers played at Kortrijk before going to Moeskroen ...

Nobody remembers??

Quote:
I now declare Q007 the champion CM player of all those who participated in this challenge.
Quote:
QOO7
post #13 of 61 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2007, 20:34
Star Player

Quote:
I can understand your hope, but I don't think teams like, with all my respect, have anything to do in the first division. The stadium doens't meet the regulations, those clubs don't have many supporters, etc ... They can't survive (on long term) in D1, nor sportive nor financially.
In theory you are right. But I would love to watch and see the big clubs come to Tienen ... Besides, who knows, the small ones don't always stay small and the big ones don't always stay big ... football can change, clubs can change, so I'll just keep dreaming

Quote:
Quote:
QOO7
post #14 of 61 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2007, 23:29
Fourth Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
Premier Player

Teams: The mighty Belgian NT
Quote:
Hmm 9 years ago, if I remember well, they've had a 1 season spell in the D1.

And please leave Kortrijk out of D1 ... There are already 4 teams of West Flanders. That's enough I guess
West Flanders has always done well really - it must the ondernemers mentality .

I'm not 100% sure, but Kortrijk had quite a decent side at a certain point with players like Booij, Staelens, Verspaille, Van Rooy and another Dutch striker I can't think off who also played for AA Gent iirc, and was close to the European places.

Δεν ελπίζω τίποτε. Δεν φοβάμαι τίποτε. Είμαι λεύτερος.

Justice is judgement that is both fair and forgiving. Justice is not done until everyone is satisfied, even those who offend us. Justice is not only the way we punish those who do wrong but is also the way we try to save them.
post #15 of 61 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2007, 23:34 Thread Starter
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepinovic

I'm not 100% sure, but Kortrijk had quite a decent side at a certain point with players like Booij, Staelens, Verspaille, Van Rooy and another Dutch striker I can't think off who also played for AA Gent iirc, and was close to the European places.
The only Dutch striker I remember playing at Gent must be Eric Viscaal. But I'm pretty sure he never played for Kortrijk.

In 1998 keerde KV Kortrijk eventjes terug naar Eerste, maar het bleef bij dit ene seizoen. Kortrijk zou een moeilijke periode tegemoet gaan. Het zakte naar Tweede Klasse, werd er zestiende, verloor in de finale van de eindronde met derdeklassers van K. Heusden-Zolder, en viel zo in twee jaar tijd terug naar Derde Klasse. In maart 2001 ging KV Kortrijk, dat al enkele seizoenen met financiële problemen te kampen had, failliet.

As I said they played in D1 about 8-9 seasons ago. And off course it's the club where Emile and Mbo Mpenza were discovered

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #16 of 61 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2007, 23:37
Fourth Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
Premier Player

Teams: The mighty Belgian NT
Yeah it's not Viscaal... Will try think of his name...

Δεν ελπίζω τίποτε. Δεν φοβάμαι τίποτε. Είμαι λεύτερος.

Justice is judgement that is both fair and forgiving. Justice is not done until everyone is satisfied, even those who offend us. Justice is not only the way we punish those who do wrong but is also the way we try to save them.
post #17 of 61 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:24
BANNED!
Star Player

Teams: the one you like to h8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepinovic

And Djamel Zidane who played at the 82 and 86 world cups, Dominique Lemoine, Hendrie Kruzen and a lot of other players that became notable first division players.
TBH KV Kortrijk has had better players in the last 25 years compared to Lierse.

ploeg 80-81
Alain Legge-Eric Bullinck – Luc Vanneste, Luc Bourgois, Francis Pomini, Ghislain Vergote – Didier Quain, Michel Timmerman, Boudewijn Braem-Johan Devolder – Johan Vermeersch, Gerd Körner, Djamel Zidane -Albert De Lamper -Francis Pomini. Coach: Henk Houwaart.

ploeg 81-82
Luc Vanderschommen – Luc Vanneste, Dieter Schwabe, Ghislain Vergote, Johan Devolder – Didier Quain, Rik Van Mechelen-Gerd Körner-Luc Bourgois), Francis Pomini, Albert De Lamper – Jan Peters, Djamel Zidane. Coach: Henk Houwaart

ploeg 82-83
Luc Vanderschommen – Dieter Schwabe, Nico Broeckaert, Luc Bourgois, Ghislain Vergote – Luc Vanneste, Didier Quain, Maxim Vandamme, Michel Derouck – Claude Carbonelle, Djamel Zidane. Coach: Henk Houwaart

ploeg 83-84
Luc Vanderschommen – Dieter Schwabe, Nico Broeckaert, Filip Gaudens, Ghislain Vergote, Johan Devolder – Didier Quain, Rik Van Mechelen-Tony Bauwens, Donald Vandurme – Claude Verspaille-Luc Bourgois, Albert De Lamper-Michel Derouck – Claude Carbonelle. Coach: Wim Reyers en André Van Maldeghem.

ploeg 84-85
Patrick Himpe – Luc Bourgois, Dieter Schwabe, Nico Broeckaert, Ghislain Vergote – Luc Vanneste, Didier Quain-Claude Carbonelle,Johan Devolder , Maxim Vandamme, Michel Derouck-Dominique Lemoine – Claude Verspaille, Dusko Lukic. Coach: André Van Maldeghem.

ploeg 85-86
Luc Vanderschommen - Patrick Himpe –Dieter Schwabe,Michel Derouck , Branko Tucak, Nico Broeckaert, Ghislain Vergote, Frank Mariman – Claude Verspaille, Johan Devolder, Didier Quain, Dominique Lemoine – Dusko Lukic, Damir Desnica. Coach: Dimitri Davidovic.

Ploeg 86-87
Hans Galjé – Dieter Schwabe, Nico Broeckaert, Ghislain Vergote Damir Desnica, Marc Baecke – Johan Devolder, Eddy Snelders, Maxim Vandamme, Michel Derouck – Jean-Marie Abeels, John Paskin, Rik Foulon, Dusko Lukic – André Kieckens, Claude Verspaille. Coach: Aad Koudijzer.
Coach: Han Grijzenhout.

Ploeg 87-88
Patrick Deman – Joël Crahay, Dieter Schwabe, Nico Broeckaert, Johan Devolder – Claude Verspaille, Eddy Snelders, Lorenzo Staelens, Maxim Vandamme ,Michel Derouck) – Jean-Marie Abeels, Mario De Oliveira , Damir Desnica.Rik Foulon, Piet Timmerman, Baert,Valence Muvala – André Kieckens Coach: Han Grijzenhout.

Ploeg 88-89
Patrick Deman – Thierry Briquet, Rudy Ducoulombier, Dieter Schwabe, Nico Broeckaert, Michel De Wolf, Piet Timmerman, Rik Foulon – Claude Verspaille, Lorenzo Staelens, Eddy Snelders, Maxim Vandamme – Dejan Mostahinic ,Jean-Marie Abeels), Damir Desnica ,Valence Muvala,Foeke Booy. Coach: Georges Leekens.

Ploeg 89-90
Pierre Drouguet – Claude Verspaille, Dieter Schwabe, Gerard Plessers, Michel De Wolf, Michel Derouck – Laurent Ballenghien,Franky Cieters, Peter Eikelboom, Rudy Ducoulombier , Petar Aleksandrov, Anton Janssen – Willy Wellens, Hendrie Krüzen, Filip Desmet, Damir Desnica, Dejan Mostahinic.
Coach: Henk Houwaart
Coach: Boudewijn Braem

Ploeg 90-91
Pierre Drouguet – Dieter Schwabe, Rudy Ducoulombier, Gerard Plessers, Michel Derouck – Didier Debaveye, Piet Timmerman, Hendrie Krüzen, Jason Polak – Laurent Ballenghien, Patrick Goots. Egu Augustine, Dominique Lemoine, Peter Eikelboom, Anton Janssen – Frédéric Tilmant
Coach: René Desaeyere.
Coach: Boudewijn Braem

Ploeg 91-92
Pierre Drouguet – Rudy Ducoulombier, Egu Augustine, Gerard Plessers, Didier Debaveye , Bruno Lambrecht) – Hans Mergan, Piet Timmerman, Dominique Lemoine, Michel Derouck , Sergio Ariano – Aurelio Vidmar, Rainer Edelmann Wim Hofkens, Donald Van Durme, Igor Six.
Coach: Boudewijn Braem.
Coach: Erwin Vandendaele.

On the striker question:
other Dutch strikers at AA Gent were Cees Schapendonk and Aad Koudijzer, who went from Waregem to Gent and then coached Kortrijk for a while... you might mean him.

Last edited by HoratioNelson; May 23rd, 2007 at 12:16.
post #18 of 61 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:24
Star Player

Quote:
[/I]As I said they played in D1 about 8-9 seasons ago. And off course it's the club where Emile and Mbo Mpenza were discovered
As I said, Kortrijk did play in D1 for 15 seasons (1976-1992 except for one season)

Of course, you're too young to remember 1992 and before :smileani:

Quote:
Quote:
QOO7
post #19 of 61 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:25
BANNED!
Star Player

Teams: the one you like to h8
Djamel Zidane would own right now: http://www.dzfoot.com/video/video.ph...82_et_CM86.wmv
post #20 of 61 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:26
Star Player

Actually, reading through Referee's post with the teams Kortrijk had, quite a lot of famous players and names on there ...

Quote:
Quote:
QOO7

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in