Belgian Dream Team - Xtratime Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2007, 18:13 Thread Starter
Premier Player
 
Runes Order's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2000
Location: Hoevenen, Belgium
Teams: RSC Anderlecht
Posts: 1,608
Belgian Dream Team

If you could choose players from every generation what would your dreamteam look like and should they be competitive in Europe/world ?

GK : Pfaff
DF:...
MF:...
S:...

Winner of the Xtratime Champions Cup 2006/2007
Winner of the XCC PL 2006/2007
8th in the XCC PL 2007/2008
2nd in the XCC PL 2008/2009
Semi-finalist Xtratime Champions Cup 2009/2010
2nd in the XCC PL 2010/2011, 2011/2012 and 2012/2013
Runes Order is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2007, 20:24
Star Player
 
Q007's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2001
Location: Belgium
Teams: KVK Tienen
Posts: 2,579
Nice one I would have to think long and hard about this, and I'll update as my team takes shape. Of course, it would be hard to judge any players who were active before I followed football. From hear say, Rik Coppens and Paul Van Himst for instance were awesome, but I wouldn't know. Don't be too surprised to find a lot of '80's players in my team. I'll use a traditional 4-4-2

GK: Michel Preud'homme
DL: Michel Dewolf
DC: Georges Grun
DC: Luc Millecamps
DR: Eric Gerets
ML: Franky Vercauteren
DMC: Timmy Simons
AMC: Enzo Scifo
MR: Marc Emmers
SC: Jan Ceulemans
SC: Erwin Vandenbergh

Bench: Jean-Marie Pfaff - Michel Renquin - Philippe Albert - Franky Vanderelst - Marc Wilmots - Paul Van Himst

Hardest spot I think is DL. Any suggestion better than Michel Dewolf is welcome

Quote:
Originally posted by ChampMaster
I now declare Q007 the champion CM player of all those who participated in this challenge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis View Post
and the WINNER of the XTRATIME CHAMPIONS CUP 2010/11 is...
QOO7
Q007 is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2007, 15:26
Premier Player
 
Ezekiel, 25:17's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2001
Location: Brugge, Belgium + Berlin
Teams: Club Brugge, 1.FC Union Berlin
Posts: 2,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q007
Hardest spot I think is DL. Any suggestion better than Michel Dewolf is welcome
Vital Borkelmans?

http://youtu.be/id5miD_uZDk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg0Re9aBJt4

"You wanna waste my time? Okay. I call my lawyer. He's the best lawyer in Miami. He's such a good lawyer, that by tomorrow morning, you gonna be working in Alaska. So dress warm."
Ezekiel, 25:17 is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2007, 17:06
BANNED!
Star Player
 
HoratioNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Teams: the one you like to h8
Posts: 3,390
Where's Luc Nilis?
HoratioNelson is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2007, 10:56
Star Player
 
Dutch Lion's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2003
Location: Holland
Teams: Dutch football
Posts: 4,067
I agree, Luc Nilis should be there.

I know he didn't impress much in the NT but he's the best Belgian I've seen.

"Always look on the bright side of life"
Dutch Lion is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2007, 19:56
Star Player
 
Q007's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2001
Location: Belgium
Teams: KVK Tienen
Posts: 2,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekiel, 25:17
Vital Borkelmans?
Yeah, but was he better than Michel Dewolf? I just remember Michel De Wolf scoring against the South Koreans in 1990

Quote:
Originally posted by ChampMaster
I now declare Q007 the champion CM player of all those who participated in this challenge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis View Post
and the WINNER of the XTRATIME CHAMPIONS CUP 2010/11 is...
QOO7
Q007 is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2007, 19:57
Star Player
 
Q007's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2001
Location: Belgium
Teams: KVK Tienen
Posts: 2,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Lion
I agree, Luc Nilis should be there.

I know he didn't impress much in the NT but he's the best Belgian I've seen.
All respect for Luc Nilis, he played wonderfully well at PSV ... less at Anderlecht, but still he performed ... but he quite frankly sucked in the NT

Quote:
Originally posted by ChampMaster
I now declare Q007 the champion CM player of all those who participated in this challenge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis View Post
and the WINNER of the XTRATIME CHAMPIONS CUP 2010/11 is...
QOO7
Q007 is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2007, 21:18
Star Player
 
binswhacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2001
Location: Leuven, Belgium
Teams: BRUGGE Celtic,Schalke,VCF - Belgium, Slovenia
Posts: 4,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q007
All respect for Luc Nilis, he played wonderfully well at PSV ... less at Anderlecht, but still he performed ... but he quite frankly sucked in the NT
But wouldn't you say he's one gear higher than Wilmots? Same as I rate the player Pfaff a tad bit higher than Preud'homme.

And where are Degryse and Coeck? Not too mention Coppens, Mermans, Lambert,...? Before our time, I'm aware of that, but still...
binswhacker is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2007, 22:08
Star Player
 
Q007's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2001
Location: Belgium
Teams: KVK Tienen
Posts: 2,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by binswhacker
But wouldn't you say he's one gear higher than Wilmots? Same as I rate the player Pfaff a tad bit higher than Preud'homme.

And where are Degryse and Coeck? Not too mention Coppens, Mermans, Lambert,...? Before our time, I'm aware of that, but still...
Well, you can only line up 11 players you now

Nilis was without any doubt better than Wilmots, technically. I actually never liked Wilmots all that much. But surely you remember what Wilmots did at the World Cup 2002. Nillis never even came close to doing that for the NT.

Preud'homme or Pfaff ... very close call ... but if you ask me which one was the better, Pfaff of 1986 or Preud'homme of 1990, I'd go for Preud'homme. Just remember the game Holland - Belgium at the 1990 WC. We won 1-0, but without Preud'homme we would have lost 3-1 or something.

I never saw for real players like Coppens, Mermans, Lambert ... I can't add what I didn't see. Only exception is Van Himst on the bench, but that's from hear say from people who did see him play.

Scifo at his best was better than Degryse, and Coeck, though a great player, was also not better than the players I've got.

Btw, everybody seems to react to my team, but the point of this thread was making your own!

Quote:
Originally posted by ChampMaster
I now declare Q007 the champion CM player of all those who participated in this challenge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis View Post
and the WINNER of the XTRATIME CHAMPIONS CUP 2010/11 is...
QOO7
Q007 is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2007, 00:07
gOD
***** *******
Legend
 
gOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 1999
Location: Hippotopia
Teams: RSC Anderlecht
Posts: 14,672
_____________ Preud'homme _____________
_Gerets __ Millecamps __ Albert __ Thissen _
_______ Vandereycken __ Coeck __________
_________________ Scifo ________________
_____ Coppens _Mermans_ Van Himst ______


BTW
- see that defence? They wouldn't scream it in the papers beforehand, but C. Ronaldo would be in the hospital before he'd even thought of doing a dribble

- the idea that Marc Wilmost would even be on the bench of such a team is ridiculous.

We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace!

26.000 Faces :frownani:
gOD is offline  
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2007, 07:22
Star Player
 
Q007's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2001
Location: Belgium
Teams: KVK Tienen
Posts: 2,579
Well, I won't argue with you about Thissen, from whom I only have very faint memories, and about Mermans, Coppens and Van Himst, because I never saw them play, and I just don't feel I could use players, never having seen them. Even though I realize a lot of good was written about them and they probably could/should be in a Belgian dream team. It would be very interesting to have someone like Rik De Saedeleer make his dream team, he must have seen all of them. Btw, if our dream team ever plays a game, Rik De Saedeleer must be commentator!

I think you have a problem in your team on the wings with Scifo, Coeck, Vandereycken all playing in center midfield. That's why I prefer Vercauteren without any doubt, and with hesitation Emmers, cause I couldn't think of a better MR.

For the DMC position I used Simons. Him or Vandereycken or Vanderelst would come close, but I just wanted to be optimistic and use one of the current generation of players as well

Finally, I find a team without Jan Ceulemans impossible. And I'd stick with Wilmots on the bench, pure for the character of him on the WC 2002. But I confess, I like character players I would also have liked very much to find a way to include Van Moer, but I wouldn't know who to leave out for him.

Quote:
Originally posted by ChampMaster
I now declare Q007 the champion CM player of all those who participated in this challenge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis View Post
and the WINNER of the XTRATIME CHAMPIONS CUP 2010/11 is...
QOO7
Q007 is offline  
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2007, 09:51
Star Player
 
binswhacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2001
Location: Leuven, Belgium
Teams: BRUGGE Celtic,Schalke,VCF - Belgium, Slovenia
Posts: 4,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q007
Well, I won't argue with you about Thissen, from whom I only have very faint memories, and about Mermans, Coppens and Van Himst, because I never saw them play, and I just don't feel I could use players, never having seen them. Even though I realize a lot of good was written about them and they probably could/should be in a Belgian dream team. It would be very interesting to have someone like Rik De Saedeleer make his dream team, he must have seen all of them. Btw, if our dream team ever plays a game, Rik De Saedeleer must be commentator!

I think you have a problem in your team on the wings with Scifo, Coeck, Vandereycken all playing in center midfield. That's why I prefer Vercauteren without any doubt, and with hesitation Emmers, cause I couldn't think of a better MR.

For the DMC position I used Simons. Him or Vandereycken or Vanderelst would come close, but I just wanted to be optimistic and use one of the current generation of players as well

Finally, I find a team without Jan Ceulemans impossible. And I'd stick with Wilmots on the bench, pure for the character of him on the WC 2002. But I confess, I like character players I would also have liked very much to find a way to include Van Moer, but I wouldn't know who to leave out for him.
Jos Willems.
binswhacker is offline  
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2007, 09:58
Star Player
 
binswhacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2001
Location: Leuven, Belgium
Teams: BRUGGE Celtic,Schalke,VCF - Belgium, Slovenia
Posts: 4,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q007
Btw, everybody seems to react to my team, but the point of this thread was making your own!
Ok then.

--------------------------------Pfaff---------------------------

-----Gerets----Millecamps------------Grün------Borkelmans-------

------????-------Simons------------Degryse-----Vercauteren------

---------------------Ceulemans------Vandenbergh/Nilis------------

Bench: Preud'homme, Albert, Thissen, Scifo, Vanderelst, Coppens, Nilis/Vandenbergh
binswhacker is offline  
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2007, 16:33
Rising Star
 
Lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2005
Location: antwerpen
Teams: lierse, rode duivels
Posts: 820
What about Wilfried Van Moer?

Help me, Jeebus!!!
Lebowski is offline  
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2007, 19:37
Star Player
 
Q007's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2001
Location: Belgium
Teams: KVK Tienen
Posts: 2,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski
What about Wilfried Van Moer?
I remember him at the EC 80 ... I was 10 years old But like I said, I wouldn't know who to leave out to get him in

Quote:
Originally posted by ChampMaster
I now declare Q007 the champion CM player of all those who participated in this challenge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis View Post
and the WINNER of the XTRATIME CHAMPIONS CUP 2010/11 is...
QOO7
Q007 is offline  
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2007, 12:09
Rising Star
 
Lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2005
Location: antwerpen
Teams: lierse, rode duivels
Posts: 820
First team:
-------------------Pfaff
Gerets-------Meeuws-----Grün-------Van Kerkhoven
----------Vandereycken---Coeck
------------------Scifo
-------Ceulemans--Vandenbergh----Van Himst


Second team:

-----------------------Preud'homme
------------Broos-----------Demol---------Kompany/Albert
Fernand Goyvaerts---Van Moer---Van der Elst---------Vercauteren

--------------Lambert-----Voorhoof-----Nilis

Sincere apologies to the ones I didn't include, like Coppens, Simons, Mees, Wilmots and Jurion. Geert, thanks for letting me borrow your midfield for my first team :smileani:

Help me, Jeebus!!!
Lebowski is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome