so few - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old February 3rd, 2007, 17:27 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: RSC Anderlecht
so few

Well, I'm already around here for almost 7 years but I never saw the belgian forum on a level as now...
Not that many posts and with fewer replies...what happened ?
Is it thanks to the new system of the Belgian prediction league that fewer people come to this forum ?

Just out curiousity...
how come ?
and yes, if we don't get our forum on tracks again, we will be at the level of Estonia, Macedonia,... like our soccer

Winner of the Xtratime Champions Cup 2006/2007
Winner of the XCC PL 2006/2007
8th in the XCC PL 2007/2008
2nd in the XCC PL 2008/2009
Semi-finalist Xtratime Champions Cup 2009/2010
2nd in the XCC PL 2010/2011, 2011/2012 and 2012/2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old February 3rd, 2007, 21:13
Star Player

Busy eating waffles, I guess.
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2007, 21:58
Star Player

Teams: KVK Tienen
Well, I've been here almost as long as you have, and I think the new league prediction system does have something to do with it. The old system incited people to come here and start discussions. The new tool is great in itself, but there's no discussion anymore, which I think is a shame.

Btw, I saw you're also in the XT prediction league, with still a chance to go through. I hope you do well and get through, let there be some Belgian honour in some small part of football after all

Quote:
Originally posted by ChampMaster
I now declare Q007 the champion CM player of all those who participated in this challenge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis View Post
and the WINNER of the XTRATIME CHAMPIONS CUP 2010/11 is...
QOO7

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2007, 11:35
Fourth Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
Premier Player

Teams: The mighty Belgian NT
Who can speak of lack of Belgian honour in football when we've got Zulte-Waregem flying our flag in Europe

Δεν ελπίζω τίποτε. Δεν φοβάμαι τίποτε. Είμαι λεύτερος.

Justice is judgement that is both fair and forgiving. Justice is not done until everyone is satisfied, even those who offend us. Justice is not only the way we punish those who do wrong but is also the way we try to save them.
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2007, 16:15
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runes Order
and yes, if we don't get our forum on tracks again, we will be at the level of Estonia, Macedonia,... like our soccer
The Macedonian forum has over 60,000 posts https://www.xtratime.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=210 so i'm not sure why you would even try to compare or say something like this?
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2007, 18:58 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q007
Well, I've been here almost as long as you have, and I think the new league prediction system does have something to do with it. The old system incited people to come here and start discussions. The new tool is great in itself, but there's no discussion anymore, which I think is a shame.
Absolutely a shame, I agree, a true pity...Perhaps we miss the contibutions from gOD and Binschwacker a lot....
Anyway, new blood is always welcome...but I never expected to see Johan go away

[/QUOTE]
Btw, I saw you're also in the XT prediction league, with still a chance to go through. I hope you do well and get through, let there be some Belgian honour in some small part of football after all [/QUOTE]

Until last week I played against highplaced members and I still have agood score. Now I will play to some disqualified members ( what I don't like though ) in the next weeks, so I'm sure for the next round...
Just hope, we Belgiand can avoid eachother to the final round....Congrats with your qualification ( with lesser games played ) !!!

greets, Filip

post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2007, 22:00
Star Player

Thanks, and congratulations with your own qualification as well. See you in the final

Are there any other Belgians in the XT prediction league? I would say Pepinovic is Belgian, but located in Australia? See, I fight you guys hard in the belgian league, but as said there's no discussion, so we, or at least I, don't know you guys very well

Quote:
I now declare Q007 the champion CM player of all those who participated in this challenge.
Quote:
QOO7
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2007, 22:10
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambis
The Macedonian forum has over 60,000 posts https://www.xtratime.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=210 so i'm not sure why you would even try to compare or say something like this?
I'm sure Runes Order didn't mean to offend, but in a way the fact that you do take offense is kinda funny. I am 36, so I remember Belgian clubs playing and/or winning European finals (Club Brugge, Standard, Anderlecht, Kv Mechelen, Antwerp) and I remember our national team playing the EC final (1980), finishing 3rd at the WC (1986), overpowering England at the WC but being eliminated by a world class David Platt goal (1990).

In those days, Belgium mattered, both at club and national team level, even on the world stage. Nowadays, our clubs and national team are a joke and we can't even win from teams such as Estonia and Macedonia, which you have got to admit, don't have the same history as Belgian teams do ... I guess that's what he meant

Quote:
Quote:
QOO7
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old February 16th, 2007, 06:19
Premier Player

I'm 29 and unfortunately I too remember some of the good days . Not Club Brugge's and Belgium's finals, but everything from around 84/85.

Now I find it astonishing that we were disappointed when Anderlecht got beaten in the champions cup semi's by Steaua Bucharest or when they lost the cup winners cup final to Sampdoria; I remember people back then were already complaining about Belgian football not being good enough.

I am Belgian indeed but moved to Melbourne 2 years ago. My wife's Australian, but we've got no strict plans to stay here all our life. I'm going back to university in 2 weeks though, so if all goes well we'll be here for another 3 years at least; we'll take it from there.

I'm starting to feel I've been away for a while already. I hardly get to see Belgian football anymore and without wanting it, I start caring less nowadays. So I'm hoping you guys start some more discussions .

We've done very well in the Belgian café for quite some time, maybe we should move in there again every now and then.

And Ambis, in all honesty, I think the Macedonian forum's success has something to do with the fact many Macedonians live abroad next to your football only .

Justice is judgement that is both fair and forgiving. Justice is not done until everyone is satisfied, even those who offend us. Justice is not only the way we punish those who do wrong but is also the way we try to save them.
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old February 16th, 2007, 15:26
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepinovic
And Ambis, in all honesty, I think the Macedonian forum's success has something to do with the fact many Macedonians live abroad next to your football only .
No problem but we probably have as many people living there then abroad and two of our FM's are actually from there. To get more people here you just need to advertise your forum at other Belgian sites, thats how i found out about XT through someone posting a link on another Maco forum.
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old February 16th, 2007, 21:14
Star Player

Quote:
I am Belgian indeed but moved to Melbourne 2 years ago. My wife's Australian, but we've got no strict plans to stay here all our life. I'm going back to university in 2 weeks though, so if all goes well we'll be here for another 3 years at least; we'll take it from there.
Funny, one of my colleagues is in the exact opposite position. He's Australian, but living in Belgium and married with a Belgian wife.

To bring up some more memories ... anybody remember Antwerp - Vitosha Sofia? The first game, in Sofia ended 0-0 and the return match in Antwerp was 1-3 after 90 minutes. I was still watching because there was nothing else on tv, but was annoyed to death because of the 1-3 score ... then, in injury time, a miracle happened ... Antwerp scored 3 goals in just 5 minutes, won 4-3 and qualified for the next round. It gives me shivers just thinking about it I remember Nico Claesen and Raphael Quaranta playing and scoring in that game.

Quote:
Quote:
QOO7
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2007, 11:15
Premier Player

Teams: Club Brugge, 1.FC Union Berlin
that was indeed a crazy game

wonder if one could find footage on the web ??

http://youtu.be/id5miD_uZDk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg0Re9aBJt4

"You wanna waste my time? Okay. I call my lawyer. He's the best lawyer in Miami. He's such a good lawyer, that by tomorrow morning, you gonna be working in Alaska. So dress warm."
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2007, 14:06 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambis
Must apologize for that quote... didn't mean to offend you and now that I have a better view on the macedonian forrum, I agree

About the Antwerp - Vitosha Sofia game, found a video on http://www.leechvideo.com/video/view1238825.html ( about 7 minutes long, loved to see it again )

greets

Last edited by Runes Order; February 18th, 2007 at 14:54.
post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2007, 20:05
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runes Order
About the Antwerp - Vitosha Sofia game, found a video on http://www.leechvideo.com/video/view1238825.html ( about 7 minutes long, loved to see it again ) greets
Thanks man! I watched the complete video, it gave me the shivers again. I didn't even remember Antwerp were playing 10 against 11

It shows my point though, what Belgian football was compared to what it is now. Frans Van Rooy, Hans Peter Lehnhoff and Belgian players Rudy Smidts, Nico Broeckaert, Nico Claesen ... and Antwerp was even only sub-top at that time in Belgium

Quote:
Quote:
QOO7
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old February 19th, 2007, 09:03
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q007
It shows my point though, what Belgian football was compared to what it is now. Frans Van Rooy, Hans Peter Lehnhoff and Belgian players Rudy Smidts, Nico Broeckaert, Nico Claesen ... and Antwerp was even only sub-top at that time in Belgium
In equal contrast, not even that long ago midget Cercle Brugge had 2 Romanians who were part of that brilliant Romanian NT that should've made it to the semi's in USA '94.

And if you're bored, Rune, can you dig up the following as well ...
Holland-Belgium (november '85)
Belgium-Soviet Union
Club Brugge-Werder Bremen
Anderlecht-Barcelona
KV Mechelen-Ajax

post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old February 19th, 2007, 13:31
Premier Player

Teams: Club Brugge, 1.FC Union Berlin
Quote:
In equal contrast, not even that long ago midget Cercle Brugge had 2 Romanians who were part of that brilliant Romanian NT that should've made it to the semi's in USA '94.

Belgium-Soviet Union
Anderlecht-Barcelona
KV Mechelen-Ajax
How about that miracle year of Bruges where they won all those games 5-0 (Belgrado, St Petersburg, Dortmund, etc...)

http://youtu.be/id5miD_uZDk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg0Re9aBJt4

"You wanna waste my time? Okay. I call my lawyer. He's the best lawyer in Miami. He's such a good lawyer, that by tomorrow morning, you gonna be working in Alaska. So dress warm."
post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old February 19th, 2007, 15:42
Star Player

You guys better shut up or I'll really kill myself looking at the current state of Belgian football :rollani:

Ezekiel: yeah, Brugge - Dortmund .... Brugge lost 3-0 first game in Dortmund, but won 5-0 after extra time at home. Oh man, those were some football evenings in front of tv

Quote:
Quote:
QOO7
post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2007, 17:35 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Belgium-Soviet Union
Anderlecht-Barcelona
KV Mechelen-Ajax
Didn't find any of those games on the net

post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2007, 21:09
Star Player

Image quality is poor, but it still gives you an idea ...

Club Brugge - Dortmund, season 1987-1988

Club Brugge lost 3-0 at Dortmund, this is the return match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B6edsTCCfU

Quote:
Quote:
QOO7
post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2007, 21:31
Star Player

Another one, Anderlecht - KV Mechelen, Uefa Cup winner's cup, 1988-1989 ...

Kv Mechelen had won the cup the season before, so we had 2 teams in this cup, who happened to play each other. At that time, both teams were European top teams, able to win European Cups. In this game, Kv Mechelen got the upperhand. It were the great days of Aad De Mos, who moved to Anderlecht the next season ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrJQZC8-ujY

Quote:
Quote:
QOO7

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in