U-21 Friendly: Belgium - Italy - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old February 3rd, 2007, 06:21 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
U-21 Friendly: Belgium - Italy

Casiraghi names U-21 squad Friday 2 February, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italy Under-21 boss Pierluigi Casiraghi has named his squad for next week’s friendly with Belgium.

The Azzurrini will play their opponents at the Stadio Guido Angelini in Chieti on Tuesday and 20 youngsters, who will meet on Sunday night, have netted a call.

Arsenal forward Arturo Lupoli, on loan at Derby, has been confirmed in the squad after his debut in the 2-0 win over Luxembourg in December, when he became the first striker to score under the reign of Casiraghi.

Juve forward Raffaele Palladino makes his return after missing the last tie, but Bianconeri youngsters Paolo De Ceglie and Claudio Marchisio have been ignored.

Giuseppe Rossi, who left Manchester United for Parma on loan last month, has also been included.

The fact that Torino wizard Alessandro Rosina has been called up suggests that he won’t win his first call-up to the full squad for the Romania friendly.

Italy have qualified for next summer’s U-21 European Championship in Holland between June 10 to 23.

The five-time European champions will face England, Serbia and the Czech Republic in Group B.

Goalkeepers: Curci (Roma), Viviano (Brescia)

Defenders: Coda (Udinese), Criscito (Genoa), Mantovani (Chievo), Marzoratti (Empoli), Motta (Udinese), Pisano (Cagliari), Potenza (Fiorentina)

Midfielders: De Martino (Udinese), Lazzari (Piacenza), Montolivo (Fiorentina), Nocerino (Piacenza), Padoin (Vicenza), Rosina (Torino)

Strikers: Lupoli (Derby County), Palladino (Juventus), Pazzini (Fiorentina), Pellč (Cesena), Rossi (Parma)

channel4

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old February 3rd, 2007, 07:02 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Azzurri friendlies called off Friday 2 February, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "indefinite" halt to Italian football following crowd violence has spread to the Azzurri, so friendlies against Belgium and Romania have been called off.

FIGC President Luca Pancalli ordered the immediate suspension of all football in Italy after a policeman was killed in riots at Catania’s Stadio Massimino.

It has now been confirmed that decision also includes the international friendly that Roberto Donadoni's World Cup winners were set to play against Romania on Wednesday at Siena’s Stadio Franchi.

Tuesday’s Under-21 meeting between Pierluigi Casiraghi’s Italy side and their Belgian counterparts has also been called off.

“We are stopping football indefinitely. One weekend is not sufficient. Without drastic measures, we will not allow sport to resume,” added FIGC chief Pancalli this evening.

Filippo Raciti, a 38-year-old policeman, was killed when a homemade bomb thrown by Catania fans exploded inside his car.

The match against Palermo, won 2-1 by the visitors, had already been halted for 30 minutes due to crowd trouble that saw tear gas float on to the pitch.

channel4

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in