Will Anybody stop Brugge? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2000, 12:05 Thread Starter
gOD
Legend

Last night I was really convinved that Charleroi could take on Club Brugge. The Zebras hadn't lost a point at home and with the coming of the very talented Olivier Renard, they finally loaned a decent keeper. Brugge, eliminated in the League-Cup by La Louvičre and almost kicked out of the UEFA-Cup by Sankt-Gallen, on the other hand seemed to be in a lesser form. Therefore Charleroi looked to be the team that could prevent Brugge from coming up to Anderlecht's 26-years old record of 13 straight win.

Charleroi started furious. They fysically took the game in hands and put a lot of presure on midfield. Unfortunately for the Zebra's this only resulted in a shot from De Condé parried by Nemec.

It soon became clear that Charleroi couldn't hold on to the suffocating speed they started at. More and more Brugge took control of the game. With only 10 minutes to Mendoza got a free scoring-opportunity, but the Peruvian totally missed the ball.

Although this looked completely ridicilous, there was no laughing for the Charleroi-fans since a couple of minutes Verheyen scored the opening goal. Tokéné, who really played a disappointing game, missed a cross from the right and afterwards deflected Verheyen's shot. 0-1 for Brugge at half-time.

The second half Brugge demonstrated. Charleroi was nowhere and De Brul scored the 0-2 after a studied free-kick (what's the correct term foor this?) of Vermant and an assist of Mendoza. Moments later the Peruvian striker scored the third goal. It was stunning to see how easiely (again) Tokéné was fooled.

Still Brugge wasn't satisfied and it was Vermant that scored the last goal of the evening. This happened after quite an impressive attackt of Englebert and Verheyen. One minute later Rojas, who replaced a very weak Eduardo, hit the post for Charleroi. This was the only thread the proud team in black and whithe could pull.

So Brugge comes up with Anderlecht's record of 1964, quite an impressive performance. They now have 39 points out of 39. Yesterday they looked very strong and I wonder who will stop them. Even if Anderlecht beats them twice they only win 6 points with that. It's still a very long way to go but it looks like Brugge is steaming to the title.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2000, 15:45
Premier Player

Let's just hope they don't break the record, otherwise it would be a double victory for them.

Allthough I am not hoping this, they could recieve a mental beating by Barcelona this week.
I really hope they can kick some Catalan ass!!

ADRIAAN
_______
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2000, 17:07
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: Toronto FC, Fiorentina, Barça
Yes, Brugge will humiliate Barça! :fero:

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2000, 13:38
PolBelg

In my opinion, Brugge is unfortunately so strong only in Belgium. Barcelona didn't play well in the 1st round of CL whatsoever, but I'm afraid they can really beat "The Blue Army" Anyway, I hope that their luck form Jupiler Ligue will be "powerful" in UEFA Cup too, but I'm not convinced if they can reach the next round. But, who knows?
In the football history, Barcelona lose against much worse teams as Brugge

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2000, 18:50
International

Teams: Romania
gOD and Kevin,

Where are all your Anderlecht reports guys Come on boys, I'm anxious to know how Stoica's goal was. And how the team looks going into the CL..

Tricolor pina la moarte!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2000, 22:18
Star Player

oh I can answer your last question Eclipse

Anderlecht is very nervous meeting the Italian champions LAZIO!!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2000, 03:34
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: Toronto FC, Fiorentina, Barça
The Belgian champions have no reason to be nervous about meeting Lazio in Brussels. Lazio have been inconsistent this year, to say the least, and far from overpowering in the Champions League and Serie A. Anderlecht has shown consistent good form domestically and are virtually unbeatable at home.

I think Lazio should be nervous.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2000, 08:03
Premier Player

Stoica's goal was a technical beauty

I think Crasson trew the ball in at the right wing and Koller headed it into the box.
Stoica took the ball in one time and put it in farest corner of the goal.
The keeper was able to touch the ball, but it was a very powerful shot.

1-0

And like allways, the intire crowd screamed: STOICA!!, STOICA!!, STOICA!!

Man, I am going to miss this guy next season ( I am afraid)

ADRIAAN
_______
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2000, 08:14
International

Oh adriaaaan... I forgot about you. I miss your Anderlecht reports too!!

Glad to hear about Stoica scoring a nice one.

And about him leaving. It seems like he's been starting ever since that incident when he got subbed out after being subbed in. So doesn't that mean he has made up with Authenis?

Tricolor pina la moarte!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2000, 20:39
Premier Player

no prob :)

They are no friends for sure, but I think that their is some kind of mutual respect between the two men.

And ofcourse they need eachother to boost their cariers.

ADRIAAN
________

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2000, 03:11
International

hey Adriaan..

Did you get your nick from Rocky (the movie), by any chance?

Tricolor pina la moarte!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2000, 12:06
Premier Player

hehe

The real question is: "Did my parents get my name from Rocky by any chance ?"

That is good one, must remember!

ADRIAAN
________

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in