Anderlecht Information Request - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2006, 22:13 Thread Starter
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: Rossoneri, Hammers
Anderlecht Information Request

Since AC Milan is playing Anderlecht twice in quick succession in the Champion's League, obviously we Milan fans would like to know something about our opponents. Unfortunately, our knowledge is extremely limited in this area. Mine is limited to a couple of matches watched last year (and I wasn't really paying attention). Who are your top players? What should we look out for? Etc. Any help you all (Anderlecht fans and interested neutrals) can give us would be greatly appreciated. You can post it in this thread or go to MilanMania and post it there. Thanks for any help you can give. I would consider it a personal favor.

You know the scene it's very hum-drum
And my favorite song's entitled "Boredom"...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2006, 14:47
gOD
Legend

Teams: RSC Anderlecht
My nick doesn't work at MM so I'll post it here (copy paste it if you want):

Anderlecht plays in a 4-3-3, sort of like Milan. We have a completely different squad than last year soo the comparison with the team that did soo poorly the previous two years is wrong. Still, not all compartments of the team have improved.

In defence Hanu Tihinen (to Zurich, don't ask me why) and Vincent Kompany (Hamburg SV) have left and it shows. Nicolas Pareja is ok, but Jelle Vandamme is a liability. The main problem is that neither of them can give a pass over 5 meters without losing it. A litte pressure on the central defenders can kill us. On the right-back position Anthony Vanden Borre seems to have made a lot of progress. The guy is a central midfielder, so last year he had a lot of problems with his positioning. He has come a long way, but he still lacks concentration and in a one on one situation, the attacker will dribble him a bit too easily.

Midfield has improved dramatically. There still are the geriatric patients called Yves Vanderhaeghe and Bart Goor, who are utter sh!te, but Lukas Biiglia is a delight to watch. Those who've seen our friendly game at Real Madrid can agree. Some ask why he has come to Anderlecht. Well there is a simple answer. Because he is smart. How many South American talents haven't come to Europe to immediately join a top team. They never have the time to adapt to a different style of football and ruin their career. On top of that Biglia is a good friend of Argentinean striker Nicolas Frutos. That has probably helped him decide to join Anderlecht.
Biglia is a great player, but he still isn't dominant enough if you ask me. I sometimes have the impression that he only rules the midfield in top games.

Apart from Biiglia, watch out for Mbark Boussoufa. The Dutchman is the creative spark in the team. The Dutchman/Moroccan is a great dribbler and superb passer. He will hurt Milan. Boussoufa will get the help of Nicolas Frutos. Frutos is the tall striker up front. He is the Jan Koller type: tall, very good with his back towards the goal and someone who scores easily.

So we do have a lot more quality than the years before. Still, this is a team that needs time to be formed. Anderlecht is far from playing at its full potential. Therefore, it's hard to predict anything. At home I think we will do fine. At San Siro, I fear the worst. Also because our coach thinks that playing defensively will win us a point, whereas in fact it will just put a lot of pressure on our weakest compartment: the defence.

We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace!

26.000 Faces :frownani:
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2006, 16:08 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

Thanks.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2006, 13:04
Star Player

Teams: BRUGGE Celtic,Schalke,VCF - Belgium, Slovenia
Do I count as an interested neutral too?

'There has never been anything false about hope.' (Barack Obama)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2006, 16:25 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

Hell no.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2006, 13:09
Star Player

Teams: BRUGGE Celtic,Schalke,VCF - Belgium, Slovenia
Ok then.:depress:

'There has never been anything false about hope.' (Barack Obama)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2006, 16:43
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Ajax | Oranje
Anderlecht looked better than in previous years, but still not up to progress to another round. First time I saw a couple of players the full 90minutes, from which especially Frutos sucked. Average player he looked now against a Milanside that looked bored most of the time. Perhaps he was not used properly now, but he looked just 'log' on tuesday. Koller had and has that, but he can still play decent footie. Biglia is a bit 'flets'. Boussoufa didn't have the best of games, but you can at least still see the skill he posseses.

Tactical FV didn't look the brightest light. He should have trown off a defender straight away when Bonera was sent off and Oliveira subbed. Cause now he still played 5 against 1(,5 if you count Kaka) at the back. He looked too happy with a draw. And when you play on the handbrake you can always claim to be unlucky in the end (it remain Italians, look at what they had on the bench, Kaka is a class player, etc).
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2006, 17:24
BANNED!
Star Player

Teams: Team MutOofd
Anderlecht best player is Ahmed Hassan, but like it is going now he won't be valued. *sigh*
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2006, 09:35
Premier Player

Teams: Club Brugge, 1.FC Union Berlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutOofd
Anderlecht best player is Ahmed Hassan, but like it is going now he won't be valued. *sigh*
yeah, I agree here, Hasssan rules

http://youtu.be/id5miD_uZDk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg0Re9aBJt4

"You wanna waste my time? Okay. I call my lawyer. He's the best lawyer in Miami. He's such a good lawyer, that by tomorrow morning, you gonna be working in Alaska. So dress warm."
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2006, 15:02
gOD
Legend

Teams: RSC Anderlecht
I thought we played a good game. A little more courage could have helped, but it was true that as soon as we went in the attack, Milan was dangerous. They are real murders.

Still, the goal shouldn't have counted. Nesta made a blatent foul on Biglia when we lost the ball.

We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace!

26.000 Faces :frownani:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in