UEFA Euro 2008 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2006, 21:43 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: Germinal Beerschot, Avenir Beggen!!
UEFA Euro 2008

Well, I am counting Belgium out already. A truly dissappointing effort of drawing with Kazakhstan at home. We are picking up right where we left off, horrible. :frustrat: Red devils my ass.:rollani:

here was a quote from Goor ""At home against Kazakhstan you have to win," he said. "It would be a disaster if we drop points. We must not underestimate the Kazakhs, but if they cause us worries then we have a problem. People might expect a spectacle with lots of goals, but for us only the result counts."

Looks like you didn't win Goor (this guy is seriously still playing?)

Last edited by beerschot_fan; August 16th, 2006 at 22:04.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2006, 22:04
Star Player

Teams: FC Bayern München - Colombia NT
Talking of Van Buyten, I just saw 90 minutes of Belgium vs Kazakhstan... Van Buyten played well, had a few efforts on goal but Belgium's attack just wasn't enough.

Daniel started the Euro 2008 qualification with a 0-0 draw at home against a modest Kazakhstan. Bad luck for Daniel.

You had chances to score, but unfortunatly for Belgium you couln'dt... but chill-out man, this is the first of many matches. I sure hope Belgium clasify to the EURO at 2008. You are my second favourite national team after Germany.

Stand together, stay in love, stay proud. Always. FC Bayern forever.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2006, 22:14
International

Teams: Albania, Red Bulls NY,
Wow...losing pts at home to the Kazakhs....Granted, Kazakhstan is the better then teams like Andorra, Luxembourg, San Marino and Lichtenstein...

But a team with Belgium's quality should not be playing like this. Didn't Belgium get 3rd in a world cup once?

DULCE ET DECORUM EST PRO PATRIA MORI

ILLYRICUM TOTO SUPERUS

RROFT SHQIPERIA

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2006, 22:25
Star Player

I think so. But Belgium will overcome this. Mark my words.

Belgium has class on their team, and leadership as well.

post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2006, 22:51 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by filo4efcbm
I think so. But Belgium will overcome this. Mark my words.

Belgium has class on their team, and leadership as well.
HA! oh man, please tell who has the class and leadership. The last 2 major tournaments have been a disaster! A much as I would like to be optimistic, the team has let us down way to often to be. Our valiant captain was suspened during WC qualifying for spitting. real classy. this team will not recover from this with strengths like portugal and serbia fighting for the top spot. This is a repeat of WC with the draw v. Lithuania at home, that 1 game completley ruined it for us, so shall this.

post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 02:23
Rookie

Unbelievable. I can't believe Vandereycken ! Beginning with ONE forward against ****ING Kazachstan, that's unforgivable, especially if you don't manage to win (partially) because of that. I was there, really an awful game. The best chances were for Kazakhstan, for God's sake... But congrats to them: they deserved this draw, even though they haven't got a very good team (although their goal keeper + right winger were very good !).
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 03:51
gOD
Legend

Teams: RSC Anderlecht
Bon, lets prepare for South Africa 2008, this campaign is over.!!! (just don't waste anymore time on it)

If you start against nobodies as Kazachstan swith 1 attacker you have nothing to look for at a EC (**** those losers!!!). Learn that or stay at home. Hopefully we won't be the weasels we once again were today (and are every f*cking time), during the preparation stage for the WC in two years. Everything else until then is a waste of time ;

We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace!

26.000 Faces :frownani:
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 03:52
gOD
Legend

Teams: RSC Anderlecht
I could blame the coach but every player who didn't protest is as guilty. If your coach comes up with such a retarded plan, you just ignore him.

We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace!

26.000 Faces :frownani:
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 06:46
Star Player

You had bad luck today. But you must have faith in your team.

I just don't understand why Kompany left the game so early?

Anyway I wish you luck on the upcoming matches. Hope Van Buyten helps a lot.

post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 06:53 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Did Hoefkens play as defensive midfield? How did he do? What was the formation? I still can't believe we can't find a decent scorer for our team.

post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 08:11
Star Player

Teams: BRUGGE Celtic,Schalke,VCF - Belgium, Slovenia
Quote:
You had bad luck today. But you must have faith in your team.
I think the Belgians have done that to only end up disappointed once too often the past few years. It's all the more disappointing since the individual players surely have more talent than this.

Quote:
I just don't understand why Kompany left the game so early?
Injury.

Quote:
Anyway I wish you luck on the upcoming matches. Hope Van Buyten helps a lot.
You can tell you haven't been following Belgium recently. As good as he may have been (considered) for his club teams, for Belgium he often plays like a douchebag.

'There has never been anything false about hope.' (Barack Obama)
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 12:37
Rookie

Van Buyten was all right yesterday, he isn't to blame, I think... But what were some players doing on that pitch ? Timmy Simons ? Bart Goor ??? My God, what was THAT...
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2006, 06:34
Star Player

Quote:
Van Buyten was all right yesterday, he isn't to blame, I think...
Thanks man!

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2006, 07:45
Premier Player

Teams: Club Brugge, 1.FC Union Berlin
We deperately need Bisconti, Vanderhaeghe, Deschacht and Deflandre... They're the only ones that can save us

http://youtu.be/id5miD_uZDk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg0Re9aBJt4

"You wanna waste my time? Okay. I call my lawyer. He's the best lawyer in Miami. He's such a good lawyer, that by tomorrow morning, you gonna be working in Alaska. So dress warm."
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2006, 08:03
Star Player

Teams: BRUGGE Celtic,Schalke,VCF - Belgium, Slovenia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekiel, 25:17
We deperately need Bisconti, Vanderhaeghe, Deschacht and Deflandre... They're the only ones that can save us
Times may be dire, but there's no need for panic.

'There has never been anything false about hope.' (Barack Obama)
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2006, 16:39
BANNED!
Star Player

Teams: Team MutOofd
IMO there are 3 problems that led to this monstrosity:

1.We lack a striker that actually scores goals, let's see whta the possibilities are:

-Dembele: I have trees in my garden that score more than him, he could be useful as a second striker a la niall quinn if he could actually head the ball which he will learn under Van Gaal.

-Pieroni: Can't get a shot in from outside the box and needs a whole team playing for him. Add to that the fact he has never ever performed in our NT, he's a second choice at best.

-Mbo Mpenza: doesnt score, can't head and is on the bad side of his career.

-Emile Mpenza: Lacks fundamentals, bad first touch, can have his day but is far too inconsistant. If he could prove himself in Europe again he is a serious possibility.

-Kevein VDB: Lazy, can't head, slow but natural scorer. Might be used in certain matches where we rely on the counter, but must improve his tools.

-Wesley Sonck: Only two negatives about him, he's been unfit for the past year(s) and he's on the small side. If he were 5 cm taller he'd be one of Europe's best 25 strikers for sure. IMO if he's fit he's our only surefire striker.

Perhaps someone from the U21's could be tried until Sonck returns.

2.We lack midfield pressure: nobody (except Kompany) has the ability to shoot from outside the box our to provide a pinpoint deep ball. Shooting from distance is obviously a great way to create pressure as was displayed at the last World Cup. In the best case it's a goal, in the worst the other team gets the ball, something that happened now anyhow. If you get the ball in the box you create pressure thus you disorganize the opposition. Like Belgium played last wednesday, Kazakstan each time could built a wall around the box and could counter in a very organised way. Against a stronger country you get punished playing this way. Many goals today are scored after a rebounding ball. Kompany should IMO be our midfield playmaker much like Essien/Appiah. Also, Vandenborre is still the best alternative at right, NOT Hoefkens.

3. A more longterm problem is the astonishing lack of technical skills, perhaps since this cannot be solved quickly VDE should take it into account
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2006, 16:43
Premier Player

Teams: GLASGOW RANGERS, Queen of the South and West Ham
[QUOTE=MutOofd]IMO there are 3 problems that led to this monstrosity:

1.We lack a striker that actually scores goals, let's see whta the possibilities are:

Tell us about it Buffels had about 15 clear goal scoring opportunities this season so far with only 3 games played and only scored one.

Tough one of these days its going to click and he is going to start banging them in.

Tough it could be argued that as an attacking midfield player, why is our manager playing him as a striker???????
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2006, 16:46
BANNED!
Star Player

[QUOTE=GERS]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutOofd
IMO there are 3 problems that led to this monstrosity:

Tell us about it Buffels had about 15 clear goal scoring opportunities this season so far with only 3 games played and only scored one.

Tough one of these days its going to click and he is going to start banging them in.

Tough it could be argued that as an attacking midfield player, why is our manager playing him as a striker???????
I'd play him as a right/ left winger actually, certainly not as a striker nor as a AM. He only had a great goal scoring record once in fact and it has become painfully obvious he played above his potential that season.
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2006, 16:50
Premier Player

Teams: GLASGOW RANGERS, Queen of the South and West Ham
[QUOTE=MutOofd]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GERS

I'd play him as a right/ left winger actually, certainly not as a striker nor as a AM. He only had a great goal scoring record once in fact and it has become painfully obvious he played above his potential that season.
Think he is one of those players who needs quality players around him for him to deliver. We missed him alot last season when he was injured cause to be fair he did assist in alot of goals for Boyd and Prso for us last season!
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2006, 16:53
BANNED!
Star Player

True, he can cut inside from the sides very well and provide from either side but somehow in the middle of the pitch he always chokes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in