The KVC Westerlo Thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2006, 20:02 Thread Starter
Rookie

The KVC Westerlo Thread

Chelsea has loaned out 3 young south african players to Westerlo. I was wondering if any Westerlo fans or anyone who has seen these players play, can give me the low down on them. Are they skilled? Are they good enough for Chelsea? What positions do they play? How often do they play?

Oh BTW, can someone also tell me about Emmanuel Sakri, the young Nigerian striker we loaned to Westerlo?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2006, 23:52
gOD
Legend

Teams: RSC Anderlecht
Neither (3 South Afrikans nor Sarki) has done well. Only Ntuka has a place in the starting line up (he is a right-midfielder). The others almost aren't getting any minutes at all. He has talent, but hasn't set the step forward that I expected him to take this season.

We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace!

26.000 Faces :frownani:

Last edited by gOD; May 2nd, 2006 at 00:03.
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 01:46
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Technically Ntuka is very well (Belgian standards aren't that high ). But I don't think he'll ever make it at any Premier League club. Maybe a nice player for a Championship team. But nothing more then that.

The other 2 South Africans almost doesn't play.

About Sarki, who I saw playing some weeks ago at Anderlecht. I think he has some talent, but surely not enough for a top team like Chelsea.

All of those players are rather tiny, and haven't got the power you need in the Premier League. Boy Boy for example is only 1m58 ... It's like seeing a 10 year old kid on the pitch

Mattheus 7:1-6
Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 02:35 Thread Starter
Rookie

Yeah Boy Boy looks a small one from his picture. I remember that Ntuka and Modubi were profiled on a football show. So Sakri isn't very good either, I was hoping Chelsea would get a good nigerian striker on the team. Anymore info by any chance?

Thanks
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2006, 01:42 Thread Starter
Rookie

How about John Owoeri? He's another Nigerian player playing for Westerlo. How is he performing?
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2006, 18:33
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooder
How about John Owoeri? He's another Nigerian player playing for Westerlo. How is he performing?
The times I saw him play wasn't great at all. Very selfish player. Great dribbler, but it seems like he just can't score a goal.

Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2006, 19:56
Star Player

Teams: Royal Antwerp FC, Manchester United, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRSCA
The times I saw him play wasn't great at all. Very selfish player. Great dribbler, but it seems like he just can't score a goal.
Let's be honest; John Owoeri is a terrible player.
He came to Westerlo with a big attitude problem. He demanded a bigger appartement, a bigger car and stuff like that because he thought that he was THE starplayer of the club.

But he couldn't keep that up very long. Not only has he failed to score, his performances and ratings for the Westerlo have been abismal. Not once has he succeeded in living up to his reputation. At the start Westerlo had an agreement with Feyenoord to give him as much playing time as possible but the situation became unbearable and eventually Westerlo benched him.

His contract will expire at the end of the season and both Feyenoord as Westerlo have announced that neither one of them will offer him a new contract.

"I never knew my birth parents. There was a car accident. my birth mother was incinerated, and I only survived because her smoking carcass had formed a protective cocoon of slaughtered human effluence. A Belgian man and his fifteen year-old love slave were looting the accident scene, came across a blood soaked baby, moi, and they raised me to be evil."
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old July 30th, 2006, 23:03
Rising Star

The KVC Westerlo Thread

Any fans here?
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2006, 00:55
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

I doubt it

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2006, 06:51
Premier Player

Teams: Germinal Beerschot, Avenir Beggen!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRSCA
I doubt it
ha ha ha.

Will we have another team represented in our forum now? The Belgian group is growing...watch out world!

post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2006, 09:14
Star Player

Teams: BRUGGE Celtic,Schalke,VCF - Belgium, Slovenia
Afraid not. Why the interest?

'There has never been anything false about hope.' (Barack Obama)
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2006, 09:52
Rising Star

They play excelsior rotterdam in a pre season friendly. Nice little stadium in the middle of nowhere lol.
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2006, 10:46
gOD
Legend

Not a real fan, but I like them (except for that day once a season when we get our arse kicked in 't Kuiple :frustrat: )

We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace!

26.000 Faces :frownani:
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2008, 14:25
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Quote:
Ajax wil Dirar

Anderlecht, Club Brugge, Standard en Heerenveen toonden al interesse voor Westerlo-flankspeler Nabil Dirar. Het is echter Ajax Amsterdam dat al met het meest concrete voorstel is gekomen. De nummer twee uit de Nederlandse competitie zag de 22-jarige Marokkaan met een Belgisch paspoort al verschillende keren aan het werk. Zijn techniek en versnelling op de eerste meters maakten indruk. Dirar ligt bij Westerlo nog onder contract tot 2010.
A new club to be added on the list of clubs hunting for Nabil Dirar his signature. Ajax seems to have made a concrete offer for the 22 year old winger of Westerlo.

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2008, 16:28
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Is he seriously any good / good enough for Ajax or will it be the next Soetaers? :hopeful:

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2008, 16:40
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
Is he seriously any good / good enough for Ajax or will it be the next Soetaers? :hopeful:
I'm going to judge on what I've seen on Sunday:

Dirar is technically superb, has a great dribble, but lacks a bit the vision at the moment. He played quite selfish, which is a pity as he has everything a good winger needs. A dribble, pace, passing, ... The only thing he lacked on sunday was efficiency.

If he can add that to his play he'll be a great winger in my opinion. Someone fans like me really like.

I'd make a move to a smaller team first instead of going immediately to Ajax for example. A team like Heerenveen or Groningen would suit him perfectly imo.

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2008, 17:53
Star Player

Teams: FC Bruges
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
We almost have an agreement with him

Don't know what to think about him. Basicly he's what we need down the wing, on the other hand he isn't what you call a typical Bruges player

#23 François Sterchele || 14/03/1982 - 08/05/2008

"Rêve comme si tu vivais éternellement, vis comme si tu mourais demain ..."
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2008, 19:48
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue @ngel View Post
Basicly he's what we need down the wing, on the other hand he isn't what you call a typical Bruges player
yeah no Gert Verheyen type of player

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2008, 15:14
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voetbalkrant
Westerlo overweegt veldverwarming

Voetbal is een wintersport en met het oog op voetbal in de kerstperiode is het dus zeker geen overbodige luxe om over veldverwarming te beschikken. Dat heeft nu ook Westerlo begrepen.

De club overweegt om na afloop van het huidige seizoen veldverwarming te laten plaatsen, zo wil de club het veld ook bij sneeuw of vorst bespeelbaar houden. Als Westerlo effectief doorgaat met de plannen om veldverwarming te installeren is het meteen de derde club die een dergelijk initiatief neemt. Eerder lieten Racing Genk en Standard al veldverwaming plaatsen.
Westerlo thinks about installing an under-soil heating. They would be the third team in Belgium with such a heating, as RC Genk and Standard already have one.

Every team should have an under soil heating in my opinion :thmbup: Surely if they want to play at Christmas

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2008, 17:02 Thread Starter
Rookie

Is this Emmanuel Sarki last season in Belgium? Will he being leaving for Chelsea next season? How has he been this season and what is his best position for Westerlo?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in