2006/2007 Season Preview - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2006, 11:02 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

Teams: Team MutOofd
2006/2007 Season Preview

Post your opinions about the upcoming season here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2006, 11:05 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

I believe we will have a classic championship, where the big three will be more separated from the pack than last year.

IMO,Club Brugge will contend for the title and be the surprise of the season by playing nice football, as will Standard to a certain point. But of course the grand favourite is of course Anderlecht.

I also believe neither AA Gent nor Zulte-Waregem will have good seasons.

Otherwise, things haven't changed much, perhaps KRC Genk will be more competitive this year.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2006, 16:38
Premier Player

Teams: Germinal Beerschot, Avenir Beggen!!
of course, Beerschot has started off ther friendlies very strong, (ok so the opposition was weak) They have yet to lose, and I believe yet to concede a goal. Hopefully they keep up the form! I am just reading the articles of course, so I am not sure how they look on the pitch.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2006, 23:39
gOD
Legend

Teams: RSC Anderlecht
It will be a battle between Anderlecht and Club Brugge. If (and that is a big if) Anderlecht manages to forge the incredible amount of talent they have into a team, noone will stop them in Belgium and in Europe many will be surprised. Still, don't underestimate Blauw Zwart. They have a very very good side AND a smart coach this season.

We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace!

26.000 Faces :frownani:
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2006, 06:27 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by gOD
Still, don't underestimate Blauw Zwart. They have a very very good side AND a smart coach this season.
I think so too, they have some players who could be the season reevelations
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2006, 16:28
Premier Player

Teams: Germinal Beerschot, Avenir Beggen!!
Anderlecht got humiliated 4-1 v. Alemania Aachen (now in the Bundesliga) at home! Hopefully they can't get that talent together, so we can see GBA rise to the top!

On another note, Zulte drew with Ipswich 1-1 for their friendly.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2006, 20:29 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerschot_fan
Anderlecht got humiliated 4-1 v. Alemania Aachen (now in the Bundesliga) at home! Hopefully they can't get that talent together, so we can see GBA rise to the top!

On another note, Zulte drew with Ipswich 1-1 for their friendly.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2006, 11:39
Star Player

Teams: Royal Antwerp FC, Manchester United, Belgium
Yesterday-eve I watched the first half of the supercup
Anderlecht-Zulte Waregem (postponed after 45 minutes
due to heavy rain) and I taped Club Brugge - PSG in
De Bruggse Metten .

TBH I feared a bit that the games wouldn't intrest me
that much so close after the past WC. But I have to
ecmit both looked very good.
It looks like the first time in years that the belgian
topteams have finally bought perfectly-matched
reinforcements. No more (big) names or players
that suddenly came free and seemed like a good option
at the time being. (Portillo)

Salou is a typical Brugge-striker; big, strong, fast
and in contrary to a Lange or Sataerness he's not that
sluggish as he seems. Always present in the
combinations and he warmed up the Club-fans heart's a
couple of times with some great footwork. IMO Salou
could become one of the players of season. Also the left-side with
new signing Koen Daerden, left-back Klukowski and Blondel showed to perfectly fit into the picture.

Same goes up for Anderlecht.
The midfield looked very well, with especially V.D Borre (I'm expecting a lot from him and Blondel this season), Boussoufa and Hassan making some excellent actions. I heard Hassan has/had some problems integrating, hopefully he can quickly put those behind because he has everything in him to become one of the absolute stars in the belgian league. One lesser thing; the defence looked rather shabby. I wonder if Anderlecht wouldn't have been better of in buying a new defender instead of Tchité. Tioté, Deschacht and Juhasz didn't made the best impression on me. Vercauteren better find some solutions there or they'll might be facing a tougher championship afterall.

Anyway I'm expecting a good season from both teams.
The football they brought last night makes me hope for the best.

BTW: nevermind the lay-out my browser seems to be acting weird.

"I never knew my birth parents. There was a car accident. my birth mother was incinerated, and I only survived because her smoking carcass had formed a protective cocoon of slaughtered human effluence. A Belgian man and his fifteen year-old love slave were looting the accident scene, came across a blood soaked baby, moi, and they raised me to be evil."
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2006, 11:45
Star Player

Teams: BRUGGE Celtic,Schalke,VCF - Belgium, Slovenia
Nice report, kamp.

Just one thing: it's admit instead of ecmit. I know it's a bit of nitpicking on my part, but you seem to be making that error quite often, so I figured I'd just mention it for once.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2006, 14:44
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by binswhacker

Just one thing: it's admit instead of ecmit. I know it's a bit of nitpicking on my part, but you seem to be making that error quite often, so I figured I'd just mention it for once.
Ah thanx.

No prob, it's the only way I'll learn.

"I never knew my birth parents. There was a car accident. my birth mother was incinerated, and I only survived because her smoking carcass had formed a protective cocoon of slaughtered human effluence. A Belgian man and his fifteen year-old love slave were looting the accident scene, came across a blood soaked baby, moi, and they raised me to be evil."
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2006, 03:05
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Teams: RSC Anderlecht
From what I've seen from Anderlecht this far (I saw Knokke, OHL, and Zulte) I'm quite optimistic. That our players still have some problems finding eachother on the pitch is quite normal, but it's by far the most talented squad since the Degryse, Nilis, Oliveira generation. Yes, even more talented then the squad who reached the 2nd round of the CL. But, that was a better team.

I'm really curious to see this team on full force, so without players like Vanderhaeghe, and with players like Leiva, Biglia, Frutos, Pareja, Serhat, ...

Mattheus 7:1-6
Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2006, 18:27
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Do you guys think Mladen Pelaic will be a regular for Standard? He has done well in the pre season it looks like and Slaven Bilic considers him a possible spot in the NT
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2006, 19:30
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
Do you guys think Mladen Pelaic will be a regular for Standard? He has done well in the pre season it looks like and Slaven Bilic considers him a possible spot in the NT
Haven't seen him play but he got positive reviews from the newspapers during the pre-season. The first playday of the competitions this weekend.
This Sunday Standard Liege will away against Lokeren and Pelaic will most likely start the game.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in