SK Lierse-Excelsior Mouscron: 1-4 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2000, 17:22 Thread Starter
gOD
Legend

Went to see the game last night and since I have a some time left I 'll write my own report.

In fact yesterday's game was the worst home result Lierse had since that famous 1-8 against Anderlecht . The match showed why Waseigge has to stop playing Eric Van Meir in the national side. Along with Hoefkens , who was awfull as always, the sweeper of the Red Devils prooved that his defensive qualities come short when it really matters.

The first Mouscron-goal was a good example of that. Van Meir lost the ball during a Lierse-attack and was way too slow running back at his defense. Meanwhile Martic, who had a very good game, had all the time in the world to play the ball to Mitrovic who scored the 1-0.

Few minutes later Martic headed a freekick of Casto home. Smeets, his defender, made it way too easy for him. After some really bad defending, specially from Leen, Bakadal stole the ball and from his cross an otherwise invisble Jestrovic scored. 0-3 at half time and except for a shot of an astunningly weak Veretenikov, Lierse had shown absolutely nothing to their fans. Lierse has to find another playmaker 'cause this Russian guy isn't good enough for second division!

Second half started better, but Gonzague Vandoorn showed why Mouscron didn't want to give him a good contract last year. He missed 2 opportunities that should have gone in. It was Mouscron that scored a fourth goal. Van der Straeten was sleeping when Martic shot from outside the area and scored his second goal of the evening. Later in the game he got his second red card in two consecutive games. Quite impressive for someone who is known as a fair player .

At the end Lierse finally put more pressure on the Mouscron-defense, but Vidovic and especially Michael Zewlakow (a very good defender!) handled it quit well. Still Geoffrey Claeys, a substitute yesterday, scored Lierse's only goal of the night.

To round up it was a very weak game of Lierse. It showed that Van Meir and Hoefkens aren't that good as some say they are. As in Bordeaux they made too many costfull errors. As for Mouscron they played very well. It wasn't spectacular but they had complete control over the game for 90 minutes. My man of the Match was David Crv, this youngster was the man in central-midfield and although he has to work on his passing-game, he reminded me of Walter Baseggio. Is there a better compliment to get ?

[Edited by gOD on 29-10-2000 at 13:53]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2000, 23:26
Premier Player

My remarks

I was there too, to check out the new tribune.

I have got four remarks:

The pace ( tempo) was very very low.
I felt like that I could have been on the pitch the first 20 min.

The passing was very unfluently and incorrect by Lierse.
Although it seemed much nicer on TV.

Moescroen didn't play a teriffic game, but were practically 100% effective.
This shows that they have great team that can even rely on their basic mechanisms.
( BTW, why was that one goal of Moescroen disallowed, gOD?)

Lierse are really bad fans, the scream a little, but even got shut up by two or three hunderd Mouscroen fans.
And they started boeing after just 15 min.
The only thing they said after a while was ' Walter op den dop' or ' Wij willen voetbal zien' ( terecht, het was een kutmatch)
And after 80 min. lots of 'fans' already left, including me, but ofcourse I don't give a damn.

Btw, in with vak were you gOD?

ADRIAAN
________

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2000, 11:12 Thread Starter
gOD
Legend

I sat in I2, but I can't remember a disallowed goal. Can you precise when that was and who scored it

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2000, 09:21
Premier Player

In the first half when it was already 0-3 the black striker of Moescroen ( can't remember his name) scored, but there was already a foult committed on Hans Sommers on the other half of the pitch I think.

I think it was around the 35-40 min.

ADRIAAN
________

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2000, 12:38
Rising Star

7'1st atack of Moeskroen,Mitrovic trough the centre and slides the ball past Van der Straeten
28'free-kick by Casto,headed in by Martic
36'Van der Straeten stops Bakadel but Jestrovic kicks in his cross
50' Goal from Vandooren dissalowed for pushin' from Spiteri
51'Martic takes on Hoefkens and kicks in the 0-4
54'Martic cheap red card after pushing with Vandooren
90'Claeys saves the honor 1-4
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2000, 13:22 Thread Starter
gOD
Legend

Yes I remember that shot from Van Doorn being disallowed because Spiteri pushed Vandoorne but a goal of Bakadal???
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2000, 13:36
Rising Star

Bakadal didn't score,he got stopped by Van der Staeten
but then he makes the assist for Jestrovic who heads in.

I discoverd that I got a lot of trouble remembering phases of the game when I support one of them(don't get me wrong I'm not talkin' about this match)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2000, 13:37
Premier Player

Zijn goal was ergens in de eerste helft gemaakt nadat de scheidsrechter reeds lang daarvoor had gefloten voor een erg betwistbare fout op Hans Somers.

Ik zou het ook niet echt onder de categorie afgekeurde goals plaatsen, vermist niemand juichde, maar Bakadal heeft de bal wel degelijk in het net geschoten na een prachtige actie.
Vele spelers die ver van de scheids stonden hadden blijkbaar ook niet door wat er gebeurde zodus leek de actie echt. Toch leek niemand verrast of ontgoocheld door de scheids zijn belissing en doorom is het je misschien niet opgevallen.

ADRIAAN
________

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in