Ahmed Hassan signs for Anderlecht - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2006, 10:30 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Ahli, Liverpool
Ahmed Hassan signs for Anderlecht

Ahmed Hassan will sign his contract with Anderlecht officially on Wednesday.

Congratulations Anderlecht fans, Hassan is a great player :smileani:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2006, 11:05
World Class Player

Teams: Ahly (of Cairo) and Egypt
Should we take this as an "insider" confirmation, maher?

Anyways, we're already discussing it in this forum in the "News and rumours" section.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2006, 12:10 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Ahli, Liverpool
yes it is

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2006, 17:46
World Class Player

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2006, 18:36
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Teams: RSC Anderlecht
Thx Mr Van Holsbeeck to give him the number 10 :rollani: He hasn't learned a thing about monuments at Anderlecht

Mattheus 7:1-6
Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2006, 07:21
World Class Player

Well, you'll have to wait and see.. Maybe that Mr got it right..

How many players on your squad won the cup of nations for their team twice (once scoring in the final, and another being tournie MotM)..

Not many I guess.. So don't knock it till you try it
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2006, 10:43
Fuoriclasse
Legend

Teams: Juventus
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRSCA
Thx Mr Van Holsbeeck to give him the number 10 :rollani: He hasn't learned a thing about monuments at Anderlecht
What do you suggest, the #10 never be allocated again in tribute to Zetterberg?
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2006, 10:49
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph!
What do you suggest, the #10 never be allocated again in tribute to Zetterberg?
Number 10 is the number for monuments in Anderlecht. For players like Zetterberg and Baseggio. Not for an Egyptian who comes to play 1 or 2 season in Anderlecht, and leaves again after that period.

Number 21 shouldn't be given to anyone again ...

Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2006, 10:50
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabry
Well, you'll have to wait and see.. Maybe that Mr got it right..

How many players on your squad won the cup of nations for their team twice (once scoring in the final, and another being tournie MotM)..

Not many I guess.. So don't knock it till you try it
That Mr has it seldom right ... I know him longer as today. He always succeed to do 1 good thing, but immediately do 2 stupid things as well.

The number 10 has always been worn by real Anderlecht players, like Zetterberg, like Baseggio. You can't just give that number to someone who is passing by ...

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2006, 11:03
Fuoriclasse
Legend

Teams: Juventus
10 is the emblematic number in the game, it's unconceivable taking it off the market for traditions sake. Had they opted for Cruyff's 14 or Kompany's 27, it would be another story...

Don't you think you're a bit focusing on the wrong thing? I mean, hello, Ahmed Hassan just signed for us, he's a real nice player and Van Holsbeeck is busting his arse off to assemble a squad that can play football the way Anderlecht likes it. I'm looking forward to seeing Hassan running down that pitch, even if he's just passing by.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2006, 14:16
Rookie

Teams: RSC Anderlecht & Man Utd
what's wrong is that they gave baseggio's number while he's still under contract, that's just a sign of disrespect

i don't give a damn if they give the #21 or the #27 when kompany's gone, but AT LEAST wait until the player really leaves the club
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2006, 17:39
Star Player

Teams: Royal Antwerp FC, Manchester United, Belgium
No offence meant, but personally as a non Anderlecht-fan I find this whole # 10 discussion completely hilarious.
I somewhat agree with steph here.

FFS, we're talking about Baseggio. The fat, lazy and underachieving midfielder who has been taking credit for 1 good season for the past 5-6 years now. It's not like Maradonna or Cruyff were playing at Anderlecht.
Baseggio wont be returning to the astridpark this summer, there's no point in officially waiting for him to get sold.

Offcourse there are many great players who have played with the number 10 in a mauve shirt but It is like this at any other club. No reason to let it lead to a misplaced melachony. Despite it all 10 is just a number like any other. I'm sure Hassan will do just fine.

"I never knew my birth parents. There was a car accident. my birth mother was incinerated, and I only survived because her smoking carcass had formed a protective cocoon of slaughtered human effluence. A Belgian man and his fifteen year-old love slave were looting the accident scene, came across a blood soaked baby, moi, and they raised me to be evil."
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2006, 04:40
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZePenguin
i don't give a damn if they give the #21 or the #27 when kompany's gone, but AT LEAST wait until the player really leaves the club
In Napoli they won't play anymore with the number 10 shirt of Maradona, as a tribute to him. Same for me with number 21 at Anderlecht. Just as a tribute to Pr ...

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2006, 04:43
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph!
10 is the emblematic number in the game, it's unconceivable taking it off the market for traditions sake. Had they opted for Cruyff's 14 or Kompany's 27, it would be another story...

Don't you think you're a bit focusing on the wrong thing? I mean, hello, Ahmed Hassan just signed for us, he's a real nice player and Van Holsbeeck is busting his arse off to assemble a squad that can play football the way Anderlecht likes it. I'm looking forward to seeing Hassan running down that pitch, even if he's just passing by.
The first part is bollocks. Why ? See my previous post. Napoli will do it also for Maradona.

But I'm not talking of taking off that number. I'm talking about the fact that they give the shirt at someone who hasn't even proved to be worth that magical 10. Zetterberg did, Baseggio did, ... I thay had given it to Bousouffa (If he would come) I would just said the same.

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2006, 06:50
World Class Player

Well how can he prove he's worth the number 10 if he hasn't played yet? If you're speaking about past achievements, then look up Gencler's performance in the Turkish league during his days. You'll be surprised at how he drove that team. Look at his performance with the NT for almost 10 years now. Perhaps that doesn't relate to you, but how else can you see if a player deserves the 10 or not.

Man.. your comparing Maradona, the legend of legends, to Walter Baseggio and Par Zetterberg. Come on ..

The number 10 on my team is a midfielder who warms the bench 95% of the season, and we've also got our legends who wore the number 10 as well (Africa's Best Player of the Year, a couple of decades ago, who is also currently the club's vice president, and will be the club's president in the future... Sounds legendary, doesn't it?). So thats why to me it is not such a big deal.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2006, 10:56
BANNED!
Star Player

Teams: Team MutOofd
Quote:
Well how can he prove he's worth the number 10 if he hasn't played yet? If you're speaking about past achievements, then look up Gencler's performance in the Turkish league during his days. You'll be surprised at how he drove that team. Look at his performance with the NT for almost 10 years now. Perhaps that doesn't relate to you, but how else can you see if a player deserves the 10 or not.

Man.. your comparing Maradona, the legend of legends, to Walter Baseggio and Par Zetterberg. Come on ..

The number 10 on my team is a midfielder who warms the bench 95% of the season, and we've also got our legends who wore the number 10 as well (Africa's Best Player of the Year, a couple of decades ago, who is also currently the club's vice president, and will be the club's president in the future... Sounds legendary, doesn't it?). So thats why to me it is not such a big deal.
I read in an analysis of the CAN (in the magazine AfriqueFoot (?)) that he actually was the defensive pillar in the midfield and that he did a great job in covering the holes other players left behind, while he was still very able to contribute offensively

To me he seems a very good player, who has already been labeled by some Anderlecht fans before his first minutes of gametime.. but then again: those same people probably think baseggio is a great player:rollani:
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2006, 17:21
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Quote:

I never compared Maradona's qualities with those of Zetterberg or Baseggio

What Maradona was for Napoli and their fans, Baseggio and Zetterberg are for us. Monuments, players who have been here since they were young, heroes of many Anderlecht fans.

Ask in 10 years who doens't fit in the row: Baseggio - Zetterberg - Hassan, and 9 out of 10 fans will say that it's Hassan, even if he would play extremely good

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2006, 17:23
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutOofd
To me he seems a very good player, who has already been labeled by some Anderlecht fans before his first minutes of gametime.. but then again: those same people probably think baseggio is a great player:rollani:
The Baseggio of 2000 was a great player, as he was used correctly, with a real defensive midfielder behind him, and a great creative player next to him. Baseggio isn't a real defensive or attacking midfielder, it's someone who would fit great in our current system.

Anyhow, I won't judge about Hassan his qualities before I have seen him a couple of games. I just judge about the fact that Mr. Van Holsbeeck is giving the number of an icon away to someone new

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2006, 18:33
BANNED!
Star Player

Teams: Team MutOofd
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRSCA
The Baseggio of 2000 was a great player, as he was used correctly, with a real defensive midfielder behind him, and a great creative player next to him. Baseggio isn't a real defensive or attacking midfielder, it's someone who would fit great in our current system.

Anyhow, I won't judge about Hassan his qualities before I have seen him a couple of games. I just judge about the fact that Mr. Van Holsbeeck is giving the number of an icon away to someone new

I didnt mean you directly, I was talking more in general

But Hassan is a complete player too, the belgian press has not done its research on this, I'll type the french comments I read later tonight
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2006, 16:31
Rising Star

Ahmed Hassan?

So what do you guys think of the player so far? Anderlecht plays Milan today in champs league! Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in