Steven Defour | Golden Boot 2007 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 112 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2006, 13:44 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Steven Defour | Golden Boot 2007

Anyone can update me on this one? What do you think of him?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 112 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2006, 15:48
Rising Star

Teams: lierse, rode duivels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo
Anyone can update me on this one? What do you think of him?
Bad player. No technique and really lazy. I don't think AJAX should buy him.

Help me, Jeebus!!!
post #3 of 112 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2006, 15:50
BANNED!
Star Player

Teams: Team MutOofd
I think the situation of Darfoer is something more fit for the Politics forum...

post #4 of 112 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2006, 15:50
Premier Player

Teams: Club Brugge, 1.FC Union Berlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski
Bad player. No technique and really lazy. I don't think AJAX should buy him.
Has a bad haircut too

http://youtu.be/id5miD_uZDk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg0Re9aBJt4

"You wanna waste my time? Okay. I call my lawyer. He's the best lawyer in Miami. He's such a good lawyer, that by tomorrow morning, you gonna be working in Alaska. So dress warm."
post #5 of 112 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2006, 15:51
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

Teams: In Immers we trust
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutOofd
I think the situation of Darfoer is something more fit for the Politics forum...
post #6 of 112 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2006, 16:08
gOD
Legend

Teams: RSC Anderlecht
https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showth...ghlight=defour

We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace!

26.000 Faces :frownani:
post #7 of 112 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2006, 16:51
Premier Player

Teams: Germinal Beerschot, Avenir Beggen!!
ha ha, i love that thread.

post #8 of 112 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2006, 16:52
BANNED!
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darfur_conflict
post #9 of 112 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2006, 16:55
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

Teams: In Immers we trust
yeah i know about that but thats an other subject. This is about a player DEFOUR
post #10 of 112 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2006, 17:06
BANNED!
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor
yeah i know about that but thats an other subject. This is about a player DEFOUR
Who?
post #11 of 112 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2006, 17:08
gOD
Legend

Ok come one fooling the guy.

Andor, here is a more serious (although Kampfschwein's pic of Kevin Frank is ruining that image ) link on Defour

https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showth...ghlight=defour

post #12 of 112 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2006, 18:12
Star Player

Teams: Royal Antwerp FC, Manchester United, Belgium
He's an excellent young player.
He's smart, reads the game very well, good technique, nifty passing, a lot maturity and for such a small player he has a very wide action-radius. A bit like Filip Joos said; his position and playing-style resembles a lot to a young Scifo.

But I dont think he should go to Ajax. The pressure in the Ajax-lockerroom is immense (especially if you're playing on almost the same postion as Sneijder) and at this stage of his carreer a guy with his talent should play every game. If he's smart he'll stay at Genk for another 3 years.

"I never knew my birth parents. There was a car accident. my birth mother was incinerated, and I only survived because her smoking carcass had formed a protective cocoon of slaughtered human effluence. A Belgian man and his fifteen year-old love slave were looting the accident scene, came across a blood soaked baby, moi, and they raised me to be evil."
post #13 of 112 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2006, 11:19
Star Player

Defour wil absoluut weg bij Genk
Gepost op 29/04/2006

De wedstrijd van Racing Genk op speeldag 34 in en tegen Club Brugge zal waarschijnlijk de laatste wedstrijd van Steven Defour voor de Limburgse club zijn. Defour verklaarde openlijk op Sporza dat hij aan het einde van het seizoen absoluut Racing Genk wil verlaten.

“Ik wil weg bij Genk”, aldus de middenvelder. Defour kan rekenen op verregaande interesse van Ajax. Daar zou hij een contract van vijf jaar kunnen tekenen. Defour wil dus wel, maar Genk stribbelt nog wat tegen. Genk wil boter bij de vis, anders willen ze Defour niet laten gaan. De 18-jarige speler brak dit jaar door in eerste klasse. [AN]

source: voetbalkrant.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Racing Genk's game against Club Brugge on the 34th matchday, will most likely be Steven Defour's last game for the team from Limburg. Defour has openly declared to sporza, that he absolutely wants to leave Genk at the end of the season.

"I want to leave genk" says the midfielder. Defour can count on concrete intrests from Ajax where he can sign an 5-year contract. Defour wants out but Genk wont give him up that easily. They want a bigger offer than Ajax has given them atm otherwise Defour can't leave.
The 18-year old just broke through this season.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you believe this guy, what a twit.
A few months ago he was still saying he'd stay at Genk for another 3 years, today he already lets the fame go to his head. :thmbdown:

"I never knew my birth parents. There was a car accident. my birth mother was incinerated, and I only survived because her smoking carcass had formed a protective cocoon of slaughtered human effluence. A Belgian man and his fifteen year-old love slave were looting the accident scene, came across a blood soaked baby, moi, and they raised me to be evil."
post #14 of 112 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2006, 14:43
gOD
Legend

That's how it works. For some reason all those 18-year-old players (with the exception of Kompany) are complete idiots who learn absolutely nothing from the example of all the wasted talents that went before them.

post #15 of 112 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2006, 12:24
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gOD
That's how it works. For some reason all those 18-year-old players (with the exception of Kompany) are complete idiots who learn absolutely nothing from the example of all the wasted talents that went before them.
True, but maybe Ajax is slightly different in this perspective. It's a great club for a young talent that wants to make progress. I do believe Genk should ask for a lot of money, but without Defours co-operation this will be quite hard.

Help me, Jeebus!!!
post #16 of 112 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2006, 12:32
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski
True, but maybe Ajax is slightly different in this perspective. It's a great club for a young talent that wants to make progress. I do believe Genk should ask for a lot of money, but without Defours co-operation this will be quite hard.
I think nobody in here questions the technical abilities of Defour, but will he be mentaly strong enough to go abroad yet and concidering they allready have a lot of young attacking players on their midfield, what's Ajax plan with 'Duffe'? Are they gonna play him immediatly or let him 'adjust' in Jong Ajax.

I for one have my doubts. I reckon If Defour will leave now, he'll be returning to Belgium (or going to Willem II) 2 years later.

post #17 of 112 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2006, 14:34
Fourth Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
Premier Player

Teams: The mighty Belgian NT
If he's mentally not strong enough now, he'll never be a top player. He's got it in him or not. In other countries talented youngsters always get thrown into the team straight away (remember James Milner at 16), there's no need to treat those guys like kids (at 24 Gilles Debilde was still seen as a puppy in Belgium). We're not really known for developing great talents in our country either, I'm not sure why he would need to stay in Genk.

If he fails it'll be because he's not good enough, quite simple. I think it's a good choice, a much smarter one compared to Blondel going to Tottenham for example.

I agree staying at Genk would be a safe bet, but I doubt he'd turn into the player he might turn into at Ajax.

Δεν ελπίζω τίποτε. Δεν φοβάμαι τίποτε. Είμαι λεύτερος.

Justice is judgement that is both fair and forgiving. Justice is not done until everyone is satisfied, even those who offend us. Justice is not only the way we punish those who do wrong but is also the way we try to save them.
post #18 of 112 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2006, 14:54
BANNED!
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepinovic
If he's mentally not strong enough now, he'll never be a top player. He's got it in him or not. In other countries talented youngsters always get thrown into the team straight away (remember James Milner at 16), there's no need to treat those guys like kids (at 24 Gilles Debilde was still seen as a puppy in Belgium). We're not really known for developing great talents in our country either, I'm not sure why he would need to stay in Genk.

If he fails it'll be because he's not good enough, quite simple. I think it's a good choice, a much smarter one compared to Blondel going to Tottenham for example.

I agree staying at Genk would be a safe bet, but I doubt he'd turn into the player he might turn into at Ajax.
Mentally De Bilde was still a puppy... You can't put a standard age on a players maturity, IMO defour suffers from the "Shut the f*ck up cuz I'm a big man now" syndrom, he thinks he can decide for himself but many who have followed that path, regret it afterwards

Comparing with Kompany is misplaced, Komapny has never been worth 15M e, if a club would really want a great player they'd come up with the cash (aguero anyone), Kompany has never been in the bound-to-be-a-superstar category, rather a level below like wesley sneijder or fernado torres, IMO Kompany will join a club like werder bremen or PSG where he might possibly take it to the next level, but it's unlikely... The big clubs have ears and eyes too you know and everyone has seen how minimal his influence has been on the success of Anderlecht
post #19 of 112 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2006, 19:11
Rising Star

Quote:
Mentally De Bilde was still a puppy... You can't put a standard age on a players maturity, IMO defour suffers from the "Shut the f*ck up cuz I'm a big man now" syndrom, he thinks he can decide for himself but many who have followed that path, regret it afterwards

Comparing with Kompany is misplaced, Komapny has never been worth 15M e, if a club would really want a great player they'd come up with the cash (aguero anyone), Kompany has never been in the bound-to-be-a-superstar category, rather a level below like wesley sneijder or fernado torres, IMO Kompany will join a club like werder bremen or PSG where he might possibly take it to the next level, but it's unlikely... The big clubs have ears and eyes too you know and everyone has seen how minimal his influence has been on the success of Anderlecht
I think Kompany definitely is Sneijder-Torres quality and not below. The eyes and ears the big clubs have all see and hear that Kompany is injured and that he 'only' plays for a team like Anderlecht.
You can call me a patriotic idiot but I still believe Kompany belongs in the bound-to-be-a-superstar category.

Help me, Jeebus!!!
post #20 of 112 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2006, 20:09
Star Player

Quote:
, Kompany has never been in the bound-to-be-a-superstar category, rather a level below like wesley sneijder or fernado torres,t
Errr... just to be sure Sneijder is the midget playing for Ajax right?
I dont know if you have seen him play the past 1,5 year but in my biased opinion Kompany is not only as good as Sneijder; he's just better.

Sneijder is a very good player but not world-class and due to his lack of height he'll probably never be.

Last edited by Kampfschwein; April 30th, 2006 at 20:45.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in