The lost talent thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2006, 18:40 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: lierse, rode duivels
The lost talent thread

In the past few years there have been a number of youngsters who were predicted a great future but never really were able to take their chances. I figured if we did this together we might find out where some of these guys are playing:

Ferhat Dogruel: Wanted by all big Belgian clubs at the age of 17, but went to Schalke 04 instead. After that he went to a Turkish club and failed, so he returned to Belgian second division. I have no idea where he 's at now, but I guess it's second or third division.

Afana: came from Waregem and went to Feyenoord together with Swerts, Buffel and Snelders at the age of 15-16. I never heard about the guy anymore.

Feel free to add some more names...

Help me, Jeebus!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2006, 18:44
Premier Player

Teams: GLASGOW RANGERS, Queen of the South and West Ham
Whats this about Anderlecht wanting buffel? Not getting him, quality player and only 26
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 08:36
Premier Player

Teams: Club Brugge, 1.FC Union Berlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski
In the past few years there have been a number of youngsters who were predicted a great future but never really were able to take their chances. I figured if we did this together we might find out where some of these guys are playing:

Ferhat Dogruel: Wanted by all big Belgian clubs at the age of 17, but went to Schalke 04 instead. After that he went to a Turkish club and failed, so he returned to Belgian second division. I have no idea where he 's at now, but I guess it's second or third division.

Afana: came from Waregem and went to Feyenoord together with Swerts, Buffel and Snelders at the age of 15-16. I never heard about the guy anymore.

Feel free to add some more names...
Cool idea

Yasin Karaca: whatever happened to this guy?? I know he played in Turkey for a while, for Sebatikspor or sth like that, but after that??? I really liked this guy :depress:

Jan Verlinden: he went to play for NAC or sth, dunno where he is now, but it could be KV Mechelen?

Djamba-Shango: where is he now?

Gert Peelman: not that he was potential Red Devil material or something, but he's not even in Tweede Klasse anymore, if I'm not mistaken

Veldman Don't remember his first name... used to be a talent in RSCA, as far as I remember

http://youtu.be/id5miD_uZDk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg0Re9aBJt4

"You wanna waste my time? Okay. I call my lawyer. He's the best lawyer in Miami. He's such a good lawyer, that by tomorrow morning, you gonna be working in Alaska. So dress warm."

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 09:42
BANNED!
Star Player

Teams: Team MutOofd
Kevin Franck: AA Gent->Real Madrid->Denderleeuw->?
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 10:49
Star Player

Teams: Royal Antwerp FC, Manchester United, Belgium
Yasin Karaca: Turk Telekomspor (Turkish 2th division)

Ferhat Dogruel: Patro Maasmechelen (4de klasse)

Sam 'Afana' De Meester: Maldegem (3de klasse)

Guy Veldeman: Zulte Waregem (apparantly) (1st klasse)

Jan Verlinden: KV Mechelen (2de klasse)

Gert Peelman: Dont know. But I do remember he was quite laughable when he was till at Antwerp.

Kevin Franck: Starter at fusion club FC Dender (Denderhoutem + Denderleeuw) leader in 3de klasse.

Serge Djamba-Shango: very important this season for Hamme (2de klasse) when they took the 2de periode-titel.

"I never knew my birth parents. There was a car accident. my birth mother was incinerated, and I only survived because her smoking carcass had formed a protective cocoon of slaughtered human effluence. A Belgian man and his fifteen year-old love slave were looting the accident scene, came across a blood soaked baby, moi, and they raised me to be evil."
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 12:02
Fourth Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
Premier Player

Teams: The mighty Belgian NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfschwein
Gert Peelman: Dont know. But I do remember he was quite laughable when he was till at Antwerp.
He was in my school, was 2 years older and always kicked our ball away when we were playing football.

Δεν ελπίζω τίποτε. Δεν φοβάμαι τίποτε. Είμαι λεύτερος.

Justice is judgement that is both fair and forgiving. Justice is not done until everyone is satisfied, even those who offend us. Justice is not only the way we punish those who do wrong but is also the way we try to save them.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 12:06
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepinovic
He was in my school, was 2 years older and always kicked our ball away when we were playing football.

Oh, then he was in my school too

Remember Kristof "Radijs" Arijs (now plays for Waasland I think)... man, that guy truly was an asshole

"You wanna waste my time? Okay. I call my lawyer. He's the best lawyer in Miami. He's such a good lawyer, that by tomorrow morning, you gonna be working in Alaska. So dress warm."
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 12:12
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekiel, 25:17
Remember Kristof "Radijs" Arijs (now plays for Waasland I think)... man, that guy truly was an asshole

I got into a fight with him (after he'd kicked our ball away of course ) and we never spoke again in the next 5 years .

I remember he used to pick on the ugliest girl in his class, saying she was dumb, fat and ugly constantly untill she started crying. He was 18 at that time .

Justice is judgement that is both fair and forgiving. Justice is not done until everyone is satisfied, even those who offend us. Justice is not only the way we punish those who do wrong but is also the way we try to save them.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 12:17
Star Player

Kurt Van de Paar: Promising Anderlecht-product had an successful season at FC Twente. Got injured and afterwards he never recaptured his old form. Played for Trabzonspor, Patro Maasmechelen and is currently playing for Mol-Wezel in 4de klasse.

Chris De Witte: Also Anderlecht-product and ex-teammate from Van de Paar at FC Twente. Struggled with injuries. Had an unsuccesfull spell at FC Groningen before have trials at Antwerp. Didn't agree with the contract and signed at 1ste provinciale club KFC Schoten. Earlier this year his contract got terminated after he didn't get enough playing time.

"I never knew my birth parents. There was a car accident. my birth mother was incinerated, and I only survived because her smoking carcass had formed a protective cocoon of slaughtered human effluence. A Belgian man and his fifteen year-old love slave were looting the accident scene, came across a blood soaked baby, moi, and they raised me to be evil."
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 12:19
Star Player

Quote:

I got into a fight with him (after he'd kicked our ball away of course ) and we never spoke again in the next 5 years .

I remember he used to pick on the ugliest girl in his class, saying she was dumb, fat and ugly constantly untill she started crying. He was 18 at that time .
What a hero.

post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 12:32
Premier Player

By the way, Ezekiel, do you remember our school won the Belgian cup in 1996?

There were some promising Club youth players in that team, do you remember who? Thomas Troch was one of them if I'm right. There was also that blond guy who made his debut for Cercle when he was 17, but never broke through.. can't think of his name anymore.

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 12:36
Star Player

Quote:
There was also that blond guy who made his debut for Cercle when he was 17, but never .
Vincent Euvrard? (wild guesse)

post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 12:46
Premier Player

Quote:
By the way, Ezekiel, do you remember our school won the Belgian cup in 1996?

There were some promising Club youth players in that team, do you remember who? Thomas Troch was one of them if I'm right. There was also that blond guy who made his debut for Cercle when he was 17, but never broke through.. can't think of his name anymore.
? Was it the Dutch guy (Bas or somthing??) or you mean Stijn Willems?

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 12:55
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfschwein
Vincent Euvrard? (wild guesse)
No, I remember Euvrard did quite well at Cercle and should've stayed there a bit longer instead of moving to Genk.

Jan Masureel (Cercle) and Joachim Van Holm (Deinze) were in it as well.

post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 12:56
Star Player

Teams: United, Atletico
Quote:
Cool idea

Yasin Karaca: whatever happened to this guy?? I know he played in Turkey for a while, for Sebatikspor or sth like that, but after that??? I really liked this guy :depress:

Jan Verlinden: he went to play for NAC or sth, dunno where he is now, but it could be KV Mechelen?

Djamba-Shango: where is he now?

Gert Peelman: not that he was potential Red Devil material or something, but he's not even in Tweede Klasse anymore, if I'm not mistaken

Veldman Don't remember his first name... used to be a talent in RSCA, as far as I remember
Djemba Shango
Yeah i remember him....just!
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 12:58
Premier Player

Quote:
? Was it the Dutch guy (Bas or somthing??) or you mean Stijn Willems?
I forgot about Stijn Willems... He was awesome

No, the guy was a left winger, made his debut in a cup match for Cercle and was good friends with a guy from school who killed himself (I think he was in your year).

post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 13:31
BANNED!
Star Player

You guys are talking 'bout "De Kardinaalsbeker" , right?
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 13:55
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutOofd
You guys are talking 'bout "De Kardinaalsbeker" , right?
No idea..

It was a cup competition for all Belgian schools and the final was played the day of the real cup final inbetween Club and Cercle.

post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 14:04
BANNED!
Star Player

Quote:
No idea..

It was a cup competition for all Belgian schools and the final was played the day of the real cup final inbetween Club and Cercle.

Yeah, the Kardinaalsbeker, we always got out in the first or second round :frustrat:
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2006, 14:59 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: lierse, rode duivels
Say, this seems like a whole lot of wasted talent.

Imagine you could bring these guys together, trained by Eric Gerets...

Help me, Jeebus!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in