The gambling scandal: The truth will be uncovered (5th of february on Canvas) - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 91 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2006, 10:38 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Royal Antwerp FC, Manchester United, Belgium
The gambling scandal: The truth will be uncovered (5th of february on Canvas)

"La Louvičre centrum van gokaffaire"

De geruchten over de gokaffaire in het Belgische voetbal blijven maar aanhouden. Het reportageprogramma Panorama zegt nu harde bewijzen te hebben.

Komende zondag zal het Canvas-programma met die harde bewijzen uitpakken. Panorama trok naar China en infiltreerde daar in het gokmilieu. Opvallend is het feit dat vooral La Louvičre erg populair is in het Oosten. Hoe La Lou precies betrokken is in de hele affaire wordt pas zondag bekend gemaakt. Panorama beweert bovendien over een vijftigtal spelersnamen te beschikken, die zich door de gokmaffia lieten omkopen.

Wordt ongetwijfeld vervolgd.

source: voetbalkrant.com

AND

http://www.sportwereld.be/Article/De...cleID=GBRNKAD1

http://www.sportwereld.be/Article/De...cleID=GBRNKAEU

http://www.sportwereld.be/Article/De...cleID=GBRNKADU

http://www.sportwereld.be/Article/De...cleID=GBRNKAEE

--------------------------------------------------------------

Will the truth finally be revealed and what will be the consequences?
Canvas will broadcast the Panorama documentary they made on Sunday the 5th of february at 8 PM.

"I never knew my birth parents. There was a car accident. my birth mother was incinerated, and I only survived because her smoking carcass had formed a protective cocoon of slaughtered human effluence. A Belgian man and his fifteen year-old love slave were looting the accident scene, came across a blood soaked baby, moi, and they raised me to be evil."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 91 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2006, 10:47
Rising Star

Teams: AC Milan, Anderlecht
Most of the content of the articles was rumoured or suspected already I think. The report is a bomb under Belgian football no doubt, a pity that I can't see it.

Thumbs up for this kind of journalism btw. Belgium could use some more of that.
post #3 of 91 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2006, 12:37
gOD
Legend

Teams: RSC Anderlecht
This really sounds big. It could be the finishing stroke for our football.

On the other hand, also the perfect excuse to for the top teams to leave the amateuristic teams as La Louvičre, STVV,... behin and start something big.

What I don't like is that Pietro Alatta is named again and again. I never understood why Proto didn't dump him this summer...

We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace!

26.000 Faces :frownani:

post #4 of 91 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2006, 16:53 Thread Starter
Star Player

One thing is certain: If the documentary offers what it promises, heads will roll... Oh boy I can hardly wait.

I'm also curious if Charleroi or STVV might have been involved as was suspected a year ago.

"I never knew my birth parents. There was a car accident. my birth mother was incinerated, and I only survived because her smoking carcass had formed a protective cocoon of slaughtered human effluence. A Belgian man and his fifteen year-old love slave were looting the accident scene, came across a blood soaked baby, moi, and they raised me to be evil."
post #5 of 91 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2006, 16:58
gOD
Legend

Oh for Christ's sake! You can hardly avoid relegation in the 2e disvion what would you be doing in the Jupiler League :dielaugh:

post #6 of 91 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2006, 17:03 Thread Starter
Star Player

It's a consiparcy! A conspiracy I tell you!
The truth will be revealed.

post #7 of 91 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2006, 20:26
Rising Star

Teams: lierse, rode duivels
I'm so looking forward to this! This is exactly what we needed to get us on the map of world football again!

To make this even more fun, we can start guessing who's involved.

Help me, Jeebus!!!
post #8 of 91 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2006, 18:55
Rising Star

Teams: AC Milan, Anderlecht
Quote:
De KBVB heeft donderdag bezoek gekre-
gen van de Brusselse onderzoeksrechter
die zich met de zaak-Ye bezighoudt. De
beleidsmensen van de bond kregen een
reeks vragen voorgeschoteld en moesten
ook een aantal documenten overhandigen.
De voetbalbond onthoudt zich van alle
commentaar, maar "blijft meewerken aan
het onderzoek, waarvan we hopen dat het
spoedig tot een resultaat mag leiden".

Teletekst
Let's hope some heads roll there as well.
post #9 of 91 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2006, 00:20
gOD
Legend

So what do you think of it. On one hand it was credible. The links between certain players (e.g. Bourdon who tested at La Louvičre this season or the Finish goalie who was sent to Les Loups) were pretty obvious. On the other hand I though they tried to make their case too much (not protesting enough when you get a 0-2 in the dieing seconds of a match as was the case against Westerlo) isn't exactly proof. This undermined the documentary.

Hilarious moment in any case was the interview with the KBVB representatives (of course Peeters was one of the two). The amount of incompetent retards in that organisation is incredible.

post #10 of 91 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2006, 08:05 Thread Starter
Star Player

Eventually I think the makers promised more than they deliverd.
Most of the facts that were told, we already read or heard before. And like they told before they dont have any proof of it all. Agreed, if you have about a 100 sources, all independant from each other, from here to Finland and China and they all point at the same persons and the same clubs you can be almost certain that there have been very strange things going on.

Alata, Ye and maybe even Pauwels have been selling games in the jupiler league. But I didn't doubt that in the first place. The only question is without real proof what are you going to do about it? There's no court that will consents them for strong indications. Apparantly there were still games sold after the winterbreak and nothing will stop them from continueing to do so after the show. (be it in Belgium or Greence)

Same thing with the new names that were called. Put, Esperato, Ekani, Van Handenhoven, Mardulier and Belic. Again no proof or explanation were they got them. Today quite obviously they're all dennying it the newspapers that they have anything to do with it.
And why shouldn't they? There's no proof, they can't be hurt.

But indeed the best part of the show, was the interview with KBVB headmembers Peeters and his partner. What a bunch of twits.
No wonder belgian football is in such a terrible state.

Last edited by Kampfschwein; February 6th, 2006 at 11:09.
post #11 of 91 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2006, 13:27
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Athletic Club, FC Utrecht & VVV-Venlo
Well it's exactly what the makers of the documentary said; 'we've got no proof, but we're, 100% sure we're right with everything we said and every name we called.'

However, what I don't get, several players didn't collaborate (take the GBA and Brussels ones), why didn't they go to the press or at least the board of the club? Because they were afraid? And what about the KBVB? They got very clear tips according to Betfair and Unibet, why didn't they take action?

Then this, almost everyone involved is denying it... (Belic, van Handenhoven, Allata, Mardulier, Put, Bodart, Cartier etc etc) how dare they? To me it's pretty clear there happened at least something with La Lou and more... or do they want to prove it's all a coincidence?
Take just the facts Alliansi lost 8-0 versus Haka, Bergen's results, the trial from Sillanpää, the extremely high amounts of money put on those 7 matches, and in those 7 matches there happened extremely strange things, Put playing twice the reserves, it's all a coincidence?

And the fans (La Lou's), are they really so naive? They're talking about an 'attack on their club', yes, perhaps it is one, but it's a fair one...

There may be no official evidence, but Chinese gamblers asking what's your favourite club, and they all answer; 'La Lou!!!' Why? 'Because we always win a very lot of money with that club!' Doesn't that say enough?

Well, there's no proof, but I don't think it will happen too soon again in Belgium as everyone is 'waken up' now, when there's again a match played with such mistakes or playing with a B-team and things like that, I don't think the people involved dare to do it again.
post #12 of 91 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2006, 16:19 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoert

However, what I don't get, several players didn't collaborate (take the GBA and Brussels ones), why didn't they go to the press or at least the board of the club? Because they were afraid? And what about the KBVB? They got very clear tips according to Betfair and Unibet, why didn't they take action?
That's the problem with belgian football. Those two men they showed are supposed to be 'leaders', the capable strong personalities behind the almighty organ that is the KBVB. When the reporter confronted them with the letter from Betfair they fell completely out of the sky. It doesn't seem they even read the letter?

It is still very unclear what the situation was with the players that were approached by the gambling-maffia. When the justice-departement was investegating the bribery-rumours surrounding Antwerp-STVV they stumbled upon 3 'nameless' (Cruz, Messoudi, Luciano) GBA-players who said they were approached. The weird thing was that neither the player-selection nor the board knew about it or knew who those nameless players were at the time.

I'm not sure, but the way I understood it, the makers were telling that those players were interested but blew off the deal because it became too hot under their feet. Maybe that was the reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoert

Then this, almost everyone involved is denying it... (Belic, van Handenhoven, Allata, Mardulier, Put, Bodart, Cartier etc etc) how dare they? To me it's pretty clear there happened at least something with La Lou and more... or do they want to prove it's all a coincidence?
Take just the facts Alliansi lost 8-0 versus Haka, Bergen's results, the trial from Sillanpää, the extremely high amounts of money put on those 7 matches, and in those 7 matches there happened extremely strange things, Put playing twice the reserves, it's all a coincidence?
Why do they keep dennying it? Everybody does. There's no real evidence so they can say whatever they want. When Johan Museeuw was caught on doping, they found forbidden medecins in his house, tracks of drugs in his blood and SMS-messages from a doctor in his GSM and he still kept dennying. The mysteries of life? :smileani:

TBH I thought the Finland-relation was the second best chapter of the programme. It's beyond me how they thought they'd get away with it.
The part where they interviewed the finish goalkeeper looked a bit like a sketch from in de gloria.

At one goal that belgian (anyone has any idea who that guy was?) keeper simply jumped underneath the ball at another one, he practically jumped to the other side. Brilliant stuff.

post #13 of 91 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2006, 19:01
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfschwein

At one goal that belgian (anyone has any idea who that guy was?) keeper simply jumped underneath the ball at another one, he practically jumped to the other side. Brilliant stuff.
http://forum.bettingadvice.com/viewtopic.php?p=359622

The goalie seems to be a certain Gregory Goffin. Never heard of him.

Help me, Jeebus!!!
post #14 of 91 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2006, 19:02
Rising Star

And guess who was in the game too? JP La Placa...

Here are all the players:

The 6 new players are: Jean-Pierre La Placa (forward from Mons, BEL), Hocine Cheibaki (midfielder from Mons, BEL), Sergei Omelianovitsh (forward from KFC Geel, BEL I div.), Mustapha Douai (defender from KSK Ronse, BEL I div.), Gregory Goffin (goalkeeper) and Kasim Yildiz (defender).

Source is the same as above.

Help me, Jeebus!!!
post #15 of 91 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2006, 19:11
Rising Star

And some more on the goalie:

In the goalkeepers case, interesting aspects have been found that would strengthen the suspicions. Goffin has played in third highest league in Belgium, but hardly at all last season (2004-05). The reason is he had a back surgery in last year, which prevented him playing until this summer. Goffin had back pains even in Thursdays game.

The management must have known about Goffin's condition, but the Belgian manager sent anyway Allianssi's first choice keeper Henri Sillanpää to a trial camp at Belgian club La Louviere.
The camp turned out on Wednesday to be just a nominal one, when a Belgian source told Helsingin Sanomat that the goalie manager had said that the club didn't even want a new keeper.

Sillanpää didn't participate in the clubs official friendly on Wednesday evening, where the other foreign test players were involved, he was just playing against the clubs B-team on the afternoon.
"I wasn't told there would be an official friendly game. I wasn't apparently needed here. The reason could be that the clubs first keeper haven't gotten sold. It looks like I'll return to Finland on Friday" Sillanpää told on the phone from Belgium Thursday evening.

Same source.

Help me, Jeebus!!!
post #16 of 91 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2006, 19:20
Rising Star

Maybe we should work together with the Finnish and the Greeks:

"The National Bureau of Investigation has attempted to look into the background of the Finnish League match played in July between FC Haka and Allianssi, in which Haka put eight goals past the Vantaa club's Belgian goalkeeper Gregory Goffin without reply. Reportedly large sums were won on the outcome of the match on results pools coupons in the Far East market."

Source: Helsingin Sanomat

Help me, Jeebus!!!
post #17 of 91 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2006, 20:53
BANNED!
Star Player

Teams: Team MutOofd
I believe La louviere, it's ridiculous scandals could happen in that side of the country
post #18 of 91 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2006, 21:07
Rising Star

Teams: Olympiakos Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski
Maybe we should work together with the Finnish and the Greeks:

I read the news in the morning and I still can't understand how Greece is related to this. I only heard that this Italian agent was present in a football match in Athens and that he is the manager of 3 players of whom, only one plays in the first division. If you explain to me what you heard from Belgium, maybe I can explain some things about certain matches
post #19 of 91 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2006, 21:11
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Athletic Club, FC Utrecht & VVV-Venlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panoss
I read the news in the morning and I still can't understand how Greece is related to this. I only heard that this Italian agent was present in a football match in Athens and that he is the manager of 3 players of whom, only one plays in the first division. If you explain to me what you heard from Belgium, maybe I can explain some things about certain matches
I read as well at this moment Allata and Yé 'infiltrated' at Ethnikos... Ethnikos should have signed already two former La Lou players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporza.be
* Na La Louvičre en Allianssi is Allatta in Griekenland neergestreken. "De manager is aan de slag bij Ethnikos, een tweedeklasser. Vervalle en Djebbour zijn al aangekomen. En dat zijn ex-spelers van... La Louvičre", vertelt journalist Chris Van Den Abeele.
post #20 of 91 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2006, 21:20
Rising Star

Teams: Olympiakos Barcelona
ok... this is what was heard this morning. This Italian agent was present in the recent match of Panionios vs Olympiakos exactly one week ago. Panionios scored 2 goals in the beginning of the match, but Olympiakos managed to equalise by halftime. Olympiakos actually scored his second goal by a penalty. In the second half, Olympiakos played his best match of the year and managed to score in the last 5 minutes. If the half time was 2-1 and then the final result was 2-3 maybe I would be more suspicious.

BTW, there have been rumors for Panionios last year, when for a completely careless match they beat Dinamo Tbilisi 3-2 after loosing at halftime 0-2, UEFA searched for this issue, but there was no result.

About the manager buying a whole football team: Nothing like that is known. I only now that 2 of the players he manages play for Ethnikos Asteras (National Star).

If I have any news I 'll inform you

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in