Legend

Teams: RSC Anderlecht
RSC Anderlecht, have they gone completely insane

________________ Proto ________________

_____Juhasz ___ Kompany __ Tihinen_____

Wilhelmsson ___ VDB ____ Tioté ____ Ehret
__________________ Gerk ______________

_______ Frutos_______ Serhat ________

Line up this team in the 2e round and we will be champions with at least 9 points before nr 2. I think most people agree to that.

Instead in midfield there is Pär Zetterberg, Yves Vanderhaeghe (and to a lesser extend Bart Goor). The reason Anderlecht hasn't played a decent game in almost 2 years. Everybody who saw a match in that period immediately saw that the squad has no midfield whatsoever and that the immediate result is that 4 players are alone to defend and 2 (or with Wilhelmsson included 3) players are alone to attack.

Defending and attacking happens in a way that is based on personal abilities. Hence, the creative dependency on Aruna last year and on Wlhelmson this season. Defensively it is the exact same story. One-on-one it's ok. You've got to be good (better that most attackers in Belgium) to beat Kompany and Tihinen, but as soon as their are infiltrations from midfield, we are lost. The goals we conceded because all of a sudden the opponents are in a numerical superiority are countless.

So isn't there anything that can be done? Sure there is: replace the old has beens (not Yves, he was always crap) by young talents. They are in the squad already. Cheik Tioté in his very first game in the fanion squad was man of the match (ok behind Vince, but he's out of this world)... in a CL match. As offensive midfielder there is Anatoli Gerk. Scoring one goal after the other with the reserve squad (the first more beautiful than the last) who in the only real chance he got, singlehandedly turned last year's home match against Genk around in our advantage (from 1-2 to 4-2 in less than 15 minutes, lifting the entire team to another level). No wonder Chelsea scout Piet De Visser - and he knows a thiong or 2 about young talents, doesn't he? - recently claimed that (3 years ago) Gerk was one of the best strikers he had ever seen.

So what do we do? Since Tioté's match at Betis he hasn't gotten a single second of playing time. Everybody has played defensive midfielder since than (including Vanderhaeghe of course) and guess what? They all sucked ass. The team sucked ass.

I can't remember one match that a playmaker brought a striker alone in front of the opponent's keeper with a nice through ball this season. Not one match (and I'm not talking about a counterattack where the opponent has hardly 2 defendrs on their own half anymore)! Nor can I remember much shots from outside the box (Walt's goal against Roeselare being the exception). Zetterberg has become soo slow and useless. It is incomprehensable that someone who claims to be 'a Sportingboy' hasn't put an end to it himself. If he indeed was the class act everybody says he is, he would retire this winter. However why would he? Vercauteren lines him up even if he has two broken legs. And if he isn't played, there always is our version of Fataldo... Walter Baseggio. Because just like every amateur team, the influence of managers on the starting 11 is gigantic at Anderlecht. In 18 Jupiler League matches Vercauteren has used 18 (these are the facts) different line ups. None of them included Gerk for one minute. The garbage that got a chances is unnameble. So in a way it's not even a surprise they are shipping him off to Twente.

Next year Zetterberg and Vanderhaeghe will be gone (for Yves I only believe it when I see it though). So we will be left with no central midfielders. Sure Tioté can and will rule midfield, but what a risk is it to count on a 17-year-old (although he has his talent) from the season's start if you haven't given him any chances beforehand. A playmaker will have to be bought. I think we all know how difficult it is for a new player, an outsider to demand that the entire team works for him, because that is how that position works. Certainly at Anderlecht, you have to be extremely good to force that and let's face it we are not willing to pay 'extremely good'.

With other words, what the f*ck are they doing? Add to it that Kompany and Wilhelmsson, our two most important players this season, will be off and you get a dramatic season. The fact that this can be predicted already in december of the season before, is more than an indication that the club is run by morrons.

We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace!

26.000 Faces :frownani:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2005, 15:24
BANNED!
Star Player

Teams: Team MutOofd
Quote:
Originally Posted by gOD
________________ Proto ________________

_____Juhasz ___ Kompany __ Tihinen_____

Wilhelmsson ___ VDB ____ Tioté ____ Ehret
__________________ Gerk ______________

_______ Frutos_______ Serhat ________

Line up this team in the 2e round and we will be champions with at least 9 points before nr 2. I think most people agree to that.

Instead in midfield there is Pär Zetterberg, Yves Vanderhaeghe (and to a lesser extend Bart Goor). The reason Anderlecht hasn't played a decent game in almost 2 years. Everybody who saw a match in that period immediately saw that the squad has no midfield whatsoever and that the immediate result is that 4 players are alone to defend and 2 (or with Wilhelmsson included 3) players are alone to attack.

Defending and attacking happens in a way that is based on personal abilities. Hence, the creative dependency on Aruna last year and on Wlhelmson this season. Defensively it is the exact same story. One-on-one it's ok. You've got to be good (better that most attackers in Belgium) to beat Kompany and Tihinen, but as soon as their are infiltrations from midfield, we are lost. The goals we conceded because all of a sudden the opponents are in a numerical superiority are countless.

So isn't there anything that can be done? Sure there is: replace the old has beens (not Yves, he was always crap) by young talents. They are in the squad already. Cheik Tioté in his very first game in the fanion squad was man of the match (ok behind Vince, but he's out of this world)... in a CL match. As offensive midfielder there is Anatoli Gerk. Scoring one goal after the other with the reserve squad (the first more beautiful than the last) who in the only real chance he got, singlehandedly turned last year's home match against Genk around in our advantage (from 1-2 to 4-2 in less than 15 minutes, lifting the entire team to another level). No wonder Chelsea scout Piet De Visser - and he knows a thiong or 2 about young talents, doesn't he? - recently claimed that (3 years ago) Gerk was one of the best strikers he had ever seen.

So what do we do? Since Tioté's match at Betis he hasn't gotten a single second of playing time. Everybody has played defensive midfielder since than (including Vanderhaeghe of course) and guess what? They all sucked ass. The team sucked ass.

I can't remember one match that a playmaker brought a striker alone in front of the opponent's keeper with a nice through ball this season. Not one match (and I'm not talking about a counterattack where the opponent has hardly 2 defendrs on their own half anymore)! Nor can I remember much shots from outside the box (Walt's goal against Roeselare being the exception). Zetterberg has become soo slow and useless. It is incomprehensable that someone who claims to be 'a Sportingboy' hasn't put an end to it himself. If he indeed was the class act everybody says he is, he would retire this winter. However why would he? Vercauteren lines him up even if he has two broken legs. And if he isn't played, there always is our version of Fataldo... Walter Baseggio. Because just like every amateur team, the influence of managers on the starting 11 is gigantic at Anderlecht. In 18 Jupiler League matches Vercauteren has used 18 (these are the facts) different line ups. None of them included Gerk for one minute. The garbage that got a chances is unnameble. So in a way it's not even a surprise they are shipping him off to Twente.

Next year Zetterberg and Vanderhaeghe will be gone (for Yves I only believe it when I see it though). So we will be left with no central midfielders. Sure Tioté can and will rule midfield, but what a risk is it to count on a 17-year-old (although he has his talent) from the season's start if you haven't given him any chances beforehand. A playmaker will have to be bought. I think we all know how difficult it is for a new player, an outsider to demand that the entire team works for him, because that is how that position works. Certainly at Anderlecht, you have to be extremely good to force that and let's face it we are not willing to pay 'extremely good'.

With other words, what the f*ck are they doing? Add to it that Kompany and Wilhelmsson, our two most important players this season, will be off and you get a dramatic season. The fact that this can be predicted already in december of the season before, is more than an indication that the club is run by morrons.

First of all this team has no belgians in it , so that's not a good start+ i think you overestimate the reserve competition
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2005, 15:26 Thread Starter
gOD
Legend

I don't care if it were 11 players from Jakamaka, I want to see some decent football. And aprently I don't underestimate that competition. The point is that when they were given a chance in the 1 team the youngsters delivered, whereas the ones who keep getting lined up are pisspoor for more than 1.5 season now.

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2005, 16:15
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Athletic Club, FC Utrecht & VVV-Venlo
You place Gerk in the first XI while he's almost sold --> http://www.vi.nl/vi/show/id=62802/co...5331/sc=e53bd6

For the rest I don't know at all Tioté and Ehret. But I love Wilhelmsson!
What about Delorge and Mitu who where great for Lierse last season, what happened with them?
Frutos comes during the winter-break? Does he deserve a first team place immediately then?
And what about Goor and Deschacht? They're too poor? Remember Goor was one of Feyenoord's better players last season...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutOofd
First of all this team has no belgians in it , so that's not a good start+ i think you overestimate the reserve competition
Proto? Kompany? Vanden Borre?
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2005, 16:33
Rising Star

Teams: AC Milan, Anderlecht
The problem is that we've simply stagnated the last decade, and in nowadays football that means you lose touch with the top rapidly. Ever since Mister Michel's introduction of the business seats we've made no remarkable step forwards anymore. The Neerpede-plan has been going in and out of the fridge for the last decade, as well as the stadium expansion/building and a couple more things. Part of that is also due to incompetence of the KBVB on a national level of course. But just like on a national level we've always had another qualification for a big tournament to cover op the problems at Anderlecht there was - simplified - a Koller, title or Aruna to hide the real core problems.
Our board is simply outdated. Admittedly, in Belgium as well as in Europe they're far from the only one like that, but that doesn’t change the fact that in terms of structure, decision-making, long-term-policy, you name it we’re no modern football club. Someone like HVH should not go to Argentina to scout players every two weeks, his job is to be there in the final stage and negotiate the best possible fee. Why on earth do we offer jobs to ex-players ala De Boeck en VDH while missing out on ex-players who could really add something? This policy has been followed by other, bigger clubs yes, but they also don’t hire just any ex-player. It’s ridiculous that transfers happen without the approval of the coach or that players are on and of the transfer/loan-list so often. That’s also what annoys me most about the Guerk-situation. His footballing capabilities aside the disgraceful thing about his case is that you keep a player in an unclear situation for years. Even if he’s no Anderlecht-material you’ve simply ruined his development in some of the most vital years of his career this way. How can you be a professional football club if you handle things this way?

Vercauteren just has the luck that this year's championship is incredibly poor in comparison the previous years. We play bad, lose points against teams we normally shouldn’t lose points against, etc. but so do the other main title candidates. If you'd place this Anderlecht in one of the previous seasons we would be a lot more than 2 points behind the leader and Vercauteren wouldn't have lasted so long.
The only thing he's been, relatively, capable of is keeping his players quiet and conflicts indoors. But even that seems to be changing lately.
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2005, 16:53
BANNED!
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoert
Proto? Kompany? Vanden Borre?

All have dual nationalities, I'm pretty sure they dont consider themselves only belgian as well
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2005, 16:57 Thread Starter
gOD
Legend

OK so you go watch a team full of Olivier Deschacht's and I'll go watch the club with all kinds of Kompanies. Have fun

post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2005, 17:03
BANNED!
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by gOD
OK so you go watch a team full of Olivier Deschacht's and I'll go watch the club with all kinds of Kompanies. Have fun
Olivier Deschacht should get a country of his own, perhaps somewhere near the south pole
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old December 25th, 2005, 18:48
Premier Player

Teams: Club Brugge, 1.FC Union Berlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by gOD
I think most people agree to that.
Nope :undecide:

http://youtu.be/id5miD_uZDk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg0Re9aBJt4

"You wanna waste my time? Okay. I call my lawyer. He's the best lawyer in Miami. He's such a good lawyer, that by tomorrow morning, you gonna be working in Alaska. So dress warm."
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old December 25th, 2005, 18:57
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Crosses too hard
I hate the manager anyway, god knows why he made Serhat a bench player for so many games.

Istanbul United

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0m72FBbuhg

Tayyip at Rize expanding on his plans for the Olympics in 2020 “Kadınlara ayrı, erkeklere ayrı olimpik havuz yapacağız”

Bravo to the dumbest leader on earth. :shakepalm:
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2005, 20:22 Thread Starter
gOD
Legend

At least they are going after Coelho. It will be more expensive (and probably not as good) but such a 19-year-old talent instead of Gerk would be a nice way of making up for earlier mistakes. Let's just hope it goes through

post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2006, 18:19 Thread Starter
gOD
Legend

And Baseggio is gone to Treviso. Now give Zetterberg and Yves a new contract and everything is complete

post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2006, 18:20 Thread Starter
gOD
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekiel, 25:17
Nope :undecide:

OK lret me rephrase that: all people with the slightest knowledge of football

post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old January 11th, 2006, 07:19
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by gOD
OK lret me rephrase that: all people with the slightest knowledge of football

:frustrat: lol

"You wanna waste my time? Okay. I call my lawyer. He's the best lawyer in Miami. He's such a good lawyer, that by tomorrow morning, you gonna be working in Alaska. So dress warm."
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2006, 11:16
Rising Star

Teams: AC Milan, Anderlecht
A bit OT but well: I've been playing some FM 06 with Anderlecht lately and it's rather funny. I don't know who did the research but:

- Vanderhaeghe has amazing stats (18/20 on creativity a.o. )
- Deschacht has amazing stats (like 20/20 on tackling, 19/20 on heading )
- Ehret is a great player (is off to Newcastle now)
- Goor is about the best player in the Belgian competition, getting super averages and being player of the season for Anderlecht. Managed to sell him to Porto for 3,5 million at the end of the season

I don't complain though, with the normal squad, only adding Joao Carlos, I won the league, the cup and reached the semi-finals in the CL, beating Lyon, Bayern and Liverpool on the way

Oh, and Gerk is playing superb and has attracted interest from Milan and Barcelona

Anyway, back to the real Anderlecht...

Last edited by Admiral; January 12th, 2006 at 11:23.
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2006, 12:16
Fourth Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
Premier Player

Teams: The mighty Belgian NT
And to stay off-topic...

Some years ago this Belgian guy was the only person ever who was an actual player in Championship Manager and who had helped to create the game.

Do you know who???

Δεν ελπίζω τίποτε. Δεν φοβάμαι τίποτε. Είμαι λεύτερος.

Justice is judgement that is both fair and forgiving. Justice is not done until everyone is satisfied, even those who offend us. Justice is not only the way we punish those who do wrong but is also the way we try to save them.
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2006, 12:19
Premier Player

Hmmm...David Paas?

post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2006, 12:24
Fourth Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
Premier Player

Teams: The mighty Belgian NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekiel, 25:17
Hmmm...David Paas?

Δεν ελπίζω τίποτε. Δεν φοβάμαι τίποτε. Είμαι λεύτερος.

Justice is judgement that is both fair and forgiving. Justice is not done until everyone is satisfied, even those who offend us. Justice is not only the way we punish those who do wrong but is also the way we try to save them.
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old January 13th, 2006, 13:45
Star Player

Teams: Royal Antwerp FC, Manchester United, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepinovic
And to stay off-topic...

Some years ago this Belgian guy was the only person ever who was an actual player in Championship Manager and who had helped to create the game.

Do you know who???
Was it that Charleroi-fan?
Or porcelain Emile? (CM demi-god)

"I never knew my birth parents. There was a car accident. my birth mother was incinerated, and I only survived because her smoking carcass had formed a protective cocoon of slaughtered human effluence. A Belgian man and his fifteen year-old love slave were looting the accident scene, came across a blood soaked baby, moi, and they raised me to be evil."
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old January 13th, 2006, 13:50
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfschwein
Was it that Charleroi-fan?
Or porcelain Emile? (CM demi-god)
Keep on guessing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in