Some forum ideas for 2006 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 00:10 Thread Starter
gOD
Legend

Teams: RSC Anderlecht
Some forum ideas for 2006

In a bright moment of inspiration this original idea came to me... ok ok I admit it I was visiting the Dutch forum :embarass:

Nevertheless it is a good idea. If you have any suggestions to improve the forum, just post them here. We'll discuss them and see what we can do with it.

We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace!

26.000 Faces :frownani:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 02:50
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Magyar NT
how about a video thread?
were posters can posts links to the latest highlights?

would love to see that
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 11:01
BANNED!
Star Player

Teams: Team MutOofd
Quote:
Originally Posted by gOD
In a bright moment of inspiration this original idea came to me... ok ok I admit it I was visiting the Dutch forum :embarass:

Nevertheless it is a good idea. If you have any suggestions to improve the forum, just post them here. We'll discuss them and see what we can do with it.
Yeah i have some

-more visitors
-more active visitors

post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 13:33
Rising Star

Teams: lierse, rode duivels
Maybe we could introduce a player every week to those who are not so accustomed with the Jupiler league. You just open a thread with the players name and everyone adds info and maybe video streams or pictures. Maybe we can vote weekly for who this player (or ex-player) should be.

Help me, Jeebus!!!
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 13:37 Thread Starter
gOD
Legend

Based on the performances during the matches?

post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 14:01
Rising Star

Teams: AC Milan, Anderlecht
- Reorganise the stickies. I think 'Coaches sacked' can easily be combined with the 'News and rumours'-one and combining 'young players...' and 'players that caught your eye' would also be a possibility imo. In addition we could then make a sticky of the PL results or so. Oh, and drop the 'a place to chat' in the 'The Belgian café: A place to chat'

- I like the idea of a video thread, also because some of the members here don't live in Belgium and thus have no decent coverage of Belgian football.

- Change our forum description (ok, stole this one from our Noorderburen )
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 14:27 Thread Starter
gOD
Legend

Any suggestion for the describtion? Let me try

Do you hate technical football. Do you oftenly confuse the marathon of NY with a game of football. Do you think Maradona was over- and Yves Vanderhaeghe underrated. Can you handle your beer? Well, then the Belgian Football Forum is the place for you!
Apart from the beer handling, I will have to aply for a Dutch ID-card though. :depress: I wonder what mrs Verdonck will think of me

That said I already think we throw too many things in the News and Rumour forum. I prefer seperate threads for seperate topics, but that is a personal preference of course.

post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 14:52
Star Player

Teams: Royal Antwerp FC, Manchester United, Belgium
I agree with the video thread. Seems like a good idea. Allthough I reckon most video's or links will be coming from the sporza-site.
Still thinking here for some own ideas.

"I never knew my birth parents. There was a car accident. my birth mother was incinerated, and I only survived because her smoking carcass had formed a protective cocoon of slaughtered human effluence. A Belgian man and his fifteen year-old love slave were looting the accident scene, came across a blood soaked baby, moi, and they raised me to be evil."
post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 14:55
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gOD
Based on the performances during the matches?
Not really. A wise man on the forum (gOD) could select some interesting players every week for which there will be a vote. The winner of the vote gets a thread totally devoted to him, somewhat like 'de volgspot' in studio 1.

It could also be about famous or infamous coaches or players of the past, like Van Moer, Van Himst, Grün, Goethals,... Like that the neutral viewer gets an allround image of Belgian football. For cracks like us it could become a true competition to find the most and most interesting footage about a person.

Help me, Jeebus!!!
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 16:04 Thread Starter
gOD
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski
It could also be about famous or infamous coaches or players of the past, like Van Moer, Van Himst, Grün, Goethals,... Like that the neutral viewer gets an allround image of Belgian football. For cracks like us it could become a true competition to find the most and most interesting footage about a person.

I like that idea. Although I must admit I'm don't have any knowledge on handling digital footage

post #11 of 52 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 16:36
BANNED!
Star Player

We could also act like the belgian league is a big deal and start a new thread every day in the world football forum, thus slowly attracting visitors/posters over here
post #12 of 52 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 16:49 Thread Starter
gOD
Legend

Nah before you know it you look like a PL fan and I'd do anything to avoid that.

post #13 of 52 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 17:36
Premier Player

Teams: Germinal Beerschot, Avenir Beggen!!
this is great guys, i like the video and pictures thread, since i dont get shite in america for jupiler league....Also, the description does need to change.....you have to add beer in there somewhere!!!

post #14 of 52 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 17:41
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerschot_fan
this is great guys, i like the video and pictures thread, since i dont get shite in america for jupiler league....Also, the description does need to change.....you have to add beer in there somewhere!!!
Maybe we should just change the forum "Belgian football" in "Beer football" . After all we are named the Jupiler league.

Help me, Jeebus!!!
post #15 of 52 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 18:26
Star Player

Teams: BRUGGE Celtic,Schalke,VCF - Belgium, Slovenia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gOD
Nah before you know it you look like a PL fan and I'd do anything to avoid that.

You mean like this?

'There has never been anything false about hope.' (Barack Obama)
post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 18:29
Star Player

Teams: BRUGGE Celtic,Schalke,VCF - Belgium, Slovenia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfschwein
I agree with the video thread. Seems like a good idea. Allthough I reckon most video's or links will be coming from the sporza-site.
Still thinking here for some own ideas.
How about fan footage or compilation films made by fans?

'There has never been anything false about hope.' (Barack Obama)
post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 18:52
Star Player

Teams: Royal Antwerp FC, Manchester United, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutOofd
We could also act like the belgian league is a big deal and start a new thread every day in the world football forum, thus slowly attracting visitors/posters over here
I like it! We can make threads like 'Gert Verheyen Vs Alessandro Del Piero', 'Chris Janssens Vs Frank Lampard', 'can Zulte Waregem win the CL?' and so on. That should get their attention.

"I never knew my birth parents. There was a car accident. my birth mother was incinerated, and I only survived because her smoking carcass had formed a protective cocoon of slaughtered human effluence. A Belgian man and his fifteen year-old love slave were looting the accident scene, came across a blood soaked baby, moi, and they raised me to be evil."
post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 22:21
BANNED!
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfschwein
I like it! We can make threads like 'Gert Verheyen Vs Alessandro Del Piero', 'Chris Janssens Vs Frank Lampard', 'can Zulte Waregem win the CL?' and so on. That should get their attention.
That's some of the shit i had in mind
post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 23:33
Rising Star

Teams: AC Milan, Anderlecht

Then we might as well add a forum description ala: "Have a beer and talk about the champagne-football of the Jupiler League, the lower leagues, the great past and bright future of Belgian NT and the talents of Kompany, Vanden Borre and other Defours; Lionel who? "

or

"Home of the best beers in the world, the best chocolate in the world, Belgian fries, Belgian waffles, Adolphe Sax, Breughel, Rubens, Magritte, Jacques Brel, Django Reinhardt, dEUS, Tintin, The Smurfs, Lucky Luke, Hercule Poirot... and on top of that we also offer some of the finest football in the northern hemisphere."

Hm, or maybe somebody else should take care of the forum description... :undecide:
post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 23:39
Premier Player

Teams: Germinal Beerschot, Avenir Beggen!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral

"Home of the best beers in the world, the best chocolate in the world, Belgian fries, Belgian waffles, Adolphe Sax, Breughel, Rubens, Magritte, Jacques Brel, Django Reinhardt, dEUS, Tintin, The Smurfs, Lucky Luke, Hercule Poirot... and on top of that we also offer some of the finest football in the northern hemisphere."
This is good...i like it..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in