KRC Genk-Club Brugge (11/12/05 live Canvas at 6 PM) - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old December 11th, 2005, 13:04 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Royal Antwerp FC, Manchester United, Belgium
KRC Genk-Club Brugge (11/12/05 live Canvas at 6 PM)

The line-ups will be as following:

Genk

Jan Moons
Tomislav Mikulic
Indridi Sigurdsson
Mirsad Beslija
Orlando Engelaar
Sunday Oliseh
Tom Soetaers
Seyfo Soley
Justice Wamfor
Steven Defour
Bob Peeters

Bench: Bailly, Haroun, Chatelle, Vandenbergh, Matoukou

Club Brugge

Tomislav Butina
Philippe Clement
Ivan Gvozdenovic
Birger Maertens
Marek Spilar
Gunther Vanaudenaerde
Gregory Dufer
Gaëtan Englebert
Sven Vermant
Bosko Balaban
Gert Verheyen

Bench: Verbauwhede, Roelandts, Portillo, Vandelanoitten Ishiaku, Yulu-Matondo

referee: Verbist

-------------------------------------------------------------

The game will be a clash between the number 3 (Club) and the number 4 (Genk) of our competition. Genk started the competition very slowly but finally seem to get the engine started and showed good form the past weeks. Club Brugge has been a team with ups and downs this season and are yet to show consistency. But the performance last wednesday against Bayern gave promising signs.

Anyhow it promises to be a good game.

"I never knew my birth parents. There was a car accident. my birth mother was incinerated, and I only survived because her smoking carcass had formed a protective cocoon of slaughtered human effluence. A Belgian man and his fifteen year-old love slave were looting the accident scene, came across a blood soaked baby, moi, and they raised me to be evil."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old December 11th, 2005, 20:38
Rising Star

Teams: lierse, rode duivels
Lovely game by Genk but Brugge was lucky to equalize just before time. I love the way Genk is playing lately, with fast combinations over the ground and a lot of action on the wings.

Help me, Jeebus!!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old December 11th, 2005, 20:57
gOD
Legend

Teams: RSC Anderlecht
Great game by Genk. StevenDefour and Justice Wamfor were impressive. Club Brugge was just pathetic. If you look at them, Anderlecht and Standard for the moment, you can only hope Genk will win the title :depress:

We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace!

26.000 Faces :frownani:

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old December 11th, 2005, 21:51 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Royal Antwerp FC, Manchester United, Belgium
Very entertaining game, with a bit of an anti-climax towards the end. I dont think Bins minds me saying Club Brugge eventually stole 2 points today. Genk passed the ball around very well and created many chances and scored some pretty goals. But that last equilizing goal Brugge scored at the end of the game should have fallen, eventually Genk only have themselves to blame. But I have to say kudos for what Broos build up there.

IMO best players on the genk side were Defour (again is this guy only 17?! ), Bob Peeters (I always laugh with him, but you got to ecmit he's playing very well the last games), Engelaar (always present in the combinations), Soetaers (smart running on the flank), Mikulic (secure at the back) and Wamfor (good anticipations).
Worst was Seyfo. With his nonchalance, daring passes and weak position-play he was a liability to the Genk defence.

On the Brugge-side, only Verheyen and Butina seemed to get a decent level.

If you ask me we are still going to get a very interesting fight for the championship title.

"I never knew my birth parents. There was a car accident. my birth mother was incinerated, and I only survived because her smoking carcass had formed a protective cocoon of slaughtered human effluence. A Belgian man and his fifteen year-old love slave were looting the accident scene, came across a blood soaked baby, moi, and they raised me to be evil."
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 12:25
International

Teams: Wisla Krakow & Cleveland City Stars (USL-1)
I've never really liked Seyfo, I've never seen any reason to include him in the squad. Defour is a best up front, it's kinda depressing seeing as his just as old as I am, and I'm pathetic . Wamfor is a solid defensive midfielder and I hope he keeps getting better. He's only like 23 or 24.

I have no clue how we just exploded into good form. Brugo must have that magic touch!

U.S. SOCCER - Don't Tread on Me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in