Sezer Řzturk - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2005, 23:28 Thread Starter
International

Sezer Řzturk

This guy was nominated for being among the top 20 biggest talents in the world right now by one of the biggest spanish newspapers. He use to play for Bayer Leverkusen in Germany but transferred to Germinal Beerschot before the start of this season. So I was wondering what your impression of him was, and is he a hot prospect for our national team?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2005, 00:03
gOD
Legend

Teams: RSC Anderlecht
In the beginning he looked good, but he turns out to be a huge failure. Partly because in Belgium we (coaches, most part of the fans) don't like his type of player: a central midfielder with a lot of technique who doesn't recuperate much. Still, with a striker as Dosunmu in front of him, Öztürk could be gold for a team. Therefore a more relaxed attitude of the coach would have been appropriate.

Still it's also Öztürk's fault. The guys doesn't have the right attitude (and you can ask around if I say that, it means it is bad). He thought, coming from Leverkusen, that he would just get his place in the starting lineup. He didn't and he reacted to that not by adapting or training more (after 3 months he still lacks physical condition), but by acting like some sort of a star. That is why just yesterday coach Jos Daerden moved him to the B-squad. I predict we won't hear much of him at Germinal Beerschot anymore. He will go back to Germany at the end of the season (he's loaned out) and hopefully for him, he can find his form of last year back.

We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace!

26.000 Faces :frownani:
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2005, 00:11
Premier Player

Teams: Germinal Beerschot, Avenir Beggen!!
I wouldnt nominate him that high, but he has skills. Unfortunatley he is not using them to much success for our team. We are currently sitting at 2nd to bottom, and it seems are only saviour so far is Dosunmu...The last few matches he hasn't got much playing time at all, and now it seems he wasnt called up for the big match against Club Brugge this weekend...I havent read that he was injured...so I don't know whats up....

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2005, 00:12
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by gOD
In the beginning he looked good, but he turns out to be a huge failure. Partly because in Belgium we (coaches, most part of the fans) don't like his type of player: a central midfielder with a lot of technique who doesn't recuperate much. Still, with a striker as Dosunmu in front of him, Öztürk could be gold for a team. Therefore a more relaxed attitude of the coach would have been appropriate.

Still it's also Öztürk's fault. The guys doesn't have the right attitude (and you can ask around if I say that, it means it is bad). He thought, coming from Leverkusen, that he would just get his place in the starting lineup. He didn't and he reacted to that not by adapting or training more (after 3 months he still lacks physical condition), but by acting like some sort of a star. That is why just yesterday coach Jos Daerden moved him to the B-squad. I predict we won't hear much of him at Germinal Beerschot anymore. He will go back to Germany at the end of the season (he's loaned out) and hopefully for him, he can find his form of last year back.
Hey, thanks gOD...i wasnt sure why he wasnt called up for the match, so i guess it got thrown on the b squad...I noticed he was playing less and less the past couple games....

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2005, 00:17
gOD
Legend

He has been playing with the B-squad the past weeks (still being part of teh A-squad that is) and apparently that went well. Since Messoudi is suspended he had a big chance of starting (I admit his chance was bigger last week in the postponed match against Beveren, than this week at Club Brugge but still). After all Beerschot doesn't have any other midfielder with a good pass that can launch Dosunmu. Still, he blew it with arrogant behaviour during the week. Apparently he made himself impossible with several of his team mates.

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2005, 00:22
Premier Player

That sucks, they had big hopes for him, too bad his attitude is like that. They really do need to build around dosunmu for success this year..

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2005, 00:28
gOD
Legend

True, you won't have a year as last year, but with such a (counter)attacker it is impossible to relegate. In that sence Messoudi is very uinderrated I think. As said he's the only one (except for Ozturk) who can properly launch Dosunmu. It's no coincidence Beerschot started taking points after Messoudi recovered from his injury.

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2005, 08:04
BANNED!
Star Player

Teams: Team MutOofd
He's a lazy f*ck that's why he's out of the picture

PS: I believe technique is more easily found than the will to make it
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2005, 11:31
Star Player

Teams: Royal Antwerp FC, Manchester United, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutOofd
He's a lazy f*ck that's why he's out of the picture

PS: I believe technique is more easily found than the will to make it
*cough*Baseggio*cough*

"I never knew my birth parents. There was a car accident. my birth mother was incinerated, and I only survived because her smoking carcass had formed a protective cocoon of slaughtered human effluence. A Belgian man and his fifteen year-old love slave were looting the accident scene, came across a blood soaked baby, moi, and they raised me to be evil."
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2005, 11:33
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by gOD
True, you won't have a year as last year, but with such a (counter)attacker it is impossible to relegate.
you mean like fighting against relegation untill the last 3 matchdays?

"I never knew my birth parents. There was a car accident. my birth mother was incinerated, and I only survived because her smoking carcass had formed a protective cocoon of slaughtered human effluence. A Belgian man and his fifteen year-old love slave were looting the accident scene, came across a blood soaked baby, moi, and they raised me to be evil."
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2005, 12:34
BANNED!
Star Player

Teams: Team MutOofd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfschwein
*cough*Baseggio*cough*
indeed
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2005, 14:11 Thread Starter
International

Hmm...I guess another wasted then . Always sad to see great potential gone to waste like that. Hopefully he will grow up and become a better player, but somehow I doubt that. When I saw him play in the youth campionship he played great, but even then he seemed pretty arrogant too the other players, by not celebrating when he scored aswell as when the others scored.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2005, 17:46
Premier Player

Quote:
you mean like fighting against relegation untill the last 3 matchdays?
umm, no, i think more on the lines of winning the cup...

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 22:42
Premier Player

Once again Ozturk is left off the A team for tomorrows game against Beveren.

De selectie: Luciano Da Silva, Bram Verbist, Kris De Wree, Igor Lolo, Kurt Van Dooren, Jonas De Roeck, Chris Van der Weerden, Mario Cvitanovic, Pieterjan Monteyne, Wim De Decker, Agyeman Dickson, Cephas Chimedza (?), Mohamed Messoudi, Mohamed Camara, Prince Asubonteng, Josemar Gil, Alexis Kubilskis en Tosin Dosunmu. (DG)

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 23:01
Star Player

Today de gazet van Antwerpen wrote that Ozturk has been promoted back to the A-squad with eye on a future transfer.

So I pressume Ozturk will be offloaded during the winter-break and loaned out to another team by Leverkusen?

post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 23:12 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Today de gazet van Antwerpen wrote that Ozturk has been promoted back to the A-squad with eye on a future transfer.

So I pressume Ozturk will be offloaded during the winter-break and loaned out to another team by Leverkusen?

Hmm...Perhaps he will be transferred to some turkish club? He has a pretty good reputation in Turkey after his play in different youth tournaments... Hopefully he will find himself a good club and gets regular playing time, we cannot afford to loose any talents
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2005, 18:30
Premier Player

Sezer had a goal with the reserves on 12/12/05...GBA are now in 3e position for the reserve table.

Lokeren-Germinal Beerschot 1-3

Verbist, Ouon, Van Der Weerden (67' Vleminckx), Cvitanovic (67' Verhoeven), Rachid, Kemajou, Kubilskis, Camara, Öztürk, Prince, N'Diefi.

Doelpunten: 20' Öztürk 0-1, 32' Prince 0-2, 45' Prince 0-3, 53' 1-3. (EDC)

1 Sint Truiden 16 43
2 Anderlecht 16 36
3 Ger. Beerschot 15 31
4 Racing Genk 15 31
5 Club Brugge 15 28
6 Lierse 16 23
7 Lokeren 16 23
8 Moeskroen 16 23
9 Gent 16 22
10 FC Brussels 16 20
11 Beveren 15 19
12 Cercle Brugge 16 19
13 Westerlo 15 17
14 Standard 16 17
15 Charleroi 16 17
16 Zulte Waregem 17 16
17 KSV Roeselare 16 13
18 La Louvičre 16 2

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2005, 13:58
Star Player

Ozturks loan-contract has been terminated and he will return to Germany.
Bayer Leverkusen are currently searching a new team for him in Turkey, Spain or Germany. But apparantly FC Nurnberg seems to be kandidate nr. 1 to get the young Turk.

source: De Gazet Van Antwerpen

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2005, 17:28 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Ozturks loan-contract has been terminated and he will return to Germany.
Bayer Leverkusen are currently searching a new team for him in Turkey, Spain or Germany. But apparantly FC Nurnberg seems to be kandidate nr. 1 to get the young Turk.

source: De Gazet Van Antwerpen
Hmm...To bad they could not work out their differences. Hopefully he wil have a fresh start at his new team and will perform better than he had done at Beerschot. I hope that he picks a team in Germany so he can easily get used to the German highest divison and start to play for Bayer Leverkusen next season..
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2005, 12:42
Premier Player

Teams: Club Brugge, 1.FC Union Berlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starcraft
Hmm...To bad they could not work out their differences. Hopefully he wil have a fresh start at his new team and will perform better than he had done at Beerschot. I hope that he picks a team in Germany so he can easily get used to the German highest divison and start to play for Bayer Leverkusen next season..
than he will have to improve and work a lot

http://youtu.be/id5miD_uZDk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg0Re9aBJt4

"You wanna waste my time? Okay. I call my lawyer. He's the best lawyer in Miami. He's such a good lawyer, that by tomorrow morning, you gonna be working in Alaska. So dress warm."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in