Thank you Antheunis and thank you Fergusson - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old September 26th, 2000, 22:19 Thread Starter
gOD
Legend

It has really been a long time since I felt this miserable about a game of football. 4-0 against a team you know you can beat. I don't think there is someone who knows anything about Belgian soccer that will disagree with me when I say that there aren't a lot of teams (not only in Belgium) that can have a better passing game than Anderlecht. Even die-hard Brugge fans must admit that Anderlecht's potential to combine in a small space is huge. Still since this year Antheunis has ordered, as he did in Genk, to kick the ball high and far away to Jan Koller. In the Belgian league this might work, but on a European level it's soo predictable, it becomes suicide. On the other hand is it a complete disgrace to the Anderlecht-public that has always wanted clean, technical football.

The fact that we lost today 4-0 ( abit much but we deserved to loose) was ANOTHER proove that this kind of football is completely out of date. As a result of Antheunis' tacktic we had in midfield only Baseggio who could give a decent pass. Walter played at European toplevel today. Unfortunately he was backed by the stunningly weak duo Vanderhaeghe-Van Diemen. As on the EURO2000 it was once again proven that Vanderhaeghe is someone who can run a lot, but can play football at all.

Van Diemen was even worse. I admit that if you play Stoica you sometimes (not always) defend with 10 men. On the other hand with Van Diemen today (as in Porto and Manchester! Antheunis did you even see these games?) we played with 10 men all the time. Offensively he did nothing and defensively the way he chooses position gave more than one stroke tonight. The only word for it is patetic. As were Antheunis substitutions. For the love of gOD what was he thinking when he changed Crasson for Iachtchouk. Crasson was our best defender and now Van Diemen (who should have gone for Iachtchouk) had to take his place. This was the stupidest substitution since Leekens brought in Vanderelst for Scifo to score a goal (was it against Korea or Mexico). This mind sound funny, but trust me I'm not laughing. There are coaches fired for less at Anderklecht. Go and ask Peruzevic

As if the disgrace in Kiev wasn't enough, that f*c***g [email protected] of a Man U coach Fergusson sended his B-team on the pitch. I had never ever heard of Greening. Giggs, Beckam, Cole on the bench. Why did Man U even show up. It would have been much easier (and clearer to the public) to forfait and give the 5-0 to PSV. Of course the Dutch were eagered to proove themself after their unlucky defeat at Anderlecht, but against the real Man U it would have been difficult for them to even win 1 point.

Anyway as a result of this dramatic evening Anderlecht is almost sure to be eliminated. We almost have to win all our games to qualify. And I bet those [email protected] from Manchester won't send their B-team to us. Now they also need the points.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2000, 09:59
Premier Player

Well, in some good moments of Anderlecht they showed their class. Especially in the first halve there were some very good combinations where they passed the ball and Kiev could only run after the ball. So i have to agree with you that Anderlecht can do a lot better.

I have to disagree with you about Vanderhaeghe though. When Anderlecht first bought him i thought they made a huge mistake because he could only defend and work on the midfield but he surely has some technique. Not one of the best from Anderlecht but good enough to be a very good midfielder.

Like i expected Antheunis played Van Diemen (or Hasi) in the starting line up. Antheunis said before the game they had an offensive line up because of the offensive qualities from Goor AND Van Diemen

The substitutes from Antheunis were total crap. But there has been enough talk about this already. How do you expect a team that has to defend almost whole the game and play with long balls to switch their style when Stoica and Iachtchouk are brought on.

When you saw sometimes how Anderlecht had to shoot the ball away from their defence it was better to have a player on the midfield who they can pass the ball too, and hold on to the ball to set up the attack. Every small child sees that but Antheunis keeps with his formation that has given him all his successes.

I'm afraid my prediction that Anderlecht will only get 1 point from the 2 confrontations against Kiev becomes true and Anderlecht will be eliminated
If you are in a group where you have no chance it wouldn't be a disaster but in this group everything was possible..
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2000, 15:05
Premier Player

Just look how small AA tactical brain is.

0-0

------------De Wilde------------------

-Crasson-----Staelens-De Boeck---Dheedene

-Van Diemen--Vanderhaeghe-Bassegio--Goor

-------------Koller--Radzinksi----------

After the 1-0 with 10 min to go

-------------De Wilde-------------------

-------Van Diemen---Staelens--Dheedene---

Iachtchouk--Vanderhaeghe--Bassegio---Youla--

-------------------Stoica-------------------

--------------Koller ---------Radzinski-----

So Versus the strongest counter team in Europe he makes a final offensive with the following new players:

Youla: 15 matches in Belgian leaque and surely no Cl material yet.

Iachtchouk: Not good last week against PSV and now comes in because he's must be highly motivated in his own country.

Stoica: Who must do miracles in the CL when things go wrong, while he doesn't get any trust of AA in the Belgian League.

So he goes in to the last 10 min with only 3 players who can accually think defensively ( Vanderhaeghe, Staelens, Van Diemen( who accually is a def. mid.)) and expects to be better.
Au contraire: The passing went even worse, there was even less building from the defense or midfield and there was one thing repeating, repeating, repeating: THE LONG BALL TO KOLLER!

We all said this a thousand times, but if Aime doesn't make conclusions form this three matches ,where Anderlecht never convinced or played to their potential, I think that we should never go to Europe with him again. He made a joke out of our team the last time!

Where is the time where we just played fine combination football and not this Boerenkoolvoetbal, because that's what it is.

Next match: RSCA - Kiev

-------------De Wilde------------------

Crasson-----Staelens-----De Boeck--Oyen

Radzinski----Vanderheaghe--Stoica--Goor-

--------------Aruna----Koller-----------

I don't know if Aruna will hold an intire match, but that is a minor probleme. A pitty about Bassegio who played fine.( I instantly saw that he was broken)

But why dream, AA while play Hasi and Van Diemen or Ichachouk as right winger and Radzinski as striker.

A pessimistic and disappointed ADRIAAN

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2000, 16:13
Marcus C.

I just so summary of Kiev-Anderlecht, but I think the 4-0 was very exaggerated, you guys could have done much better.

However gOD, about PSV - ManU, I agree fully that ManU is a damn arrogant team that also underestimated PSV. However to say they came on with a B-Team is BS!!!
Keane and Scholes were on the midfield as usual with Butt, the Nevilles,Brown and Silvestre in Defense. Yorke and Solskjr in the attack defineatly equal to Cole and Sheringham. All in all Manchester fielded a representative team, not their strongest, but no ways was it second class. If you remember when Manchester won the champions league it was missing several key players. So I think speaking about a B-team is insulting for both ManU and PSV. Beckham and Giggs btw made little impact when they were brought in.
Anyway PSV was constantly putting pressure on ManU's defense and not allowing the midfield to play. I don't think it would matter who you put in ManU's midfield, if they aren't effective.
So please people give the credit where it is due, PSV played a wonderful match, controlling with tactical aspects and hard work. Just because your team doesn't benifit from a result, doesn't mean you should put down someone elses team.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2000, 16:43 Thread Starter
gOD
Legend

didn't want to bring PSV down at all. all respect to them . still I believe man u could have lined up a much better team. anyway you have to agree that this behaviour was fair for the other teams in the cl-poule
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old September 28th, 2000, 08:21
Rising Star

Bassegio's is ok, he hasn't got anything broken

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old September 28th, 2000, 09:01 Thread Starter
gOD
Legend

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in