Troubles at Anderlecht... - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2000, 18:09 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Although they won their important game against PSV there is not more then troubling news in the papers.

Most players are disappointed in the fans because they weren't happy with Anderlecht's performance (before the goal). I can understand them. They expected more and could have got more. But it's not the right way to express your feelings to the players !

And Antheunis keeps repeating he did a wonderfull job. He got the result everyone wanted, but how. I think he better thinks of that too !

But the most troubling news is that Stoica is unhappy again. He can't hide his feelings anymore to sit on the bench. It isn't fair according to him to let him play in the 'smaller' games while he has to start on the bench in the important ones..
And i totally agree with him. Antheunis expect him to be everywhere the full 90 minutes. As well defensive as offensive. No player is! Stoica is a class player who can decide the game with one single move. And if you give him some time and confidence he will only grow and get even better. Luckily Stoica is adored by the supporters are he left already ! But now the supporters can't keep him anymore if he doesn't get a chance to play.

"By sitting on the bench here i missed already an European Championship and a World Cup" said Stoica. "The Romanian coach was going to see this game and i was very close to get a call for the national team but because i didn't play i can probably forget about that"

Anderlecht will have to choose : Play him of sell him..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2000, 22:27
International

Teams: Romania
Damn, Zetterberg's departure is turning into a nightmare for Stoica. I just don't understand, a lot of times I come here and I read that Stoica played very well and how he did this and that, and now he is being benched for CL. I thought it was strategical, but after getting blown out 5 -1, one would Athuenis would reconsider his strategy. I just wonder what it is that keeps Autehnis from playing Stoica from the start in the CL.

Tricolor pina la moarte!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2000, 00:22 Thread Starter
Premier Player

The problem is they compare Stoica too much to Zetterberg. They are totally different players and i believe Stoica has lots more of potential. Zetterberg wasn't good either in his first years in Anderlecht but Stoica only get few chances to start and 20 minutes at the end of the game to prove something.

Antheunis said too he sees Stoica as a different player from Zetterberg. But after that he judges Stoica about the fact he doesn't do the same things as Zetterberg did. The problem is that Antheunis doesn't want to put Stoica on the midfield but as a striker behind the striker (don't know how to explain this quite well)

Antheunis is a man who likes to have a defensive midfielder instead of an attacking one in the important games. That's why Stoica never gets his chance as Koller will always occupy the first spot and for some reason Radzinski keeps getting his chance as second striker...

Another great error from Antheunis is when he says that Baseggio is developping a lot better then Stoica. How would it come do you think ? Baseggio gets time to play and develop, Stoica doesn't !

As long as Antheunis is at Anderlecht Stoica will nog get a fair chance IMO. Players like Iachtchouk are clearly more the favourites from Antheunis !

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2000, 10:03
gOD
Legend

Aimé is talking bull****. Walter baseggio is my favourite player at Anderlecht. Still untill now he's playing one of his worst periods ever. Sure is improving, vbut saying his developping better than Alin is a lie. Alin improved enormously. I still can't believe it when I see him do soo much defending work .

As Kevin said the problem lays in Antheunis' vision on the game. He had his big successes with a system in which only the 2 strikers are creative. Antheunis stands for a power-football in which 9 players physically destroy the opponent and the class of the 2 attackers make the difference.

This is impressive if you have 2 topstrikers as in Genk (Oulare and Strupar), but it isn't Anderlecht's style of play. With Koller-Radzinski it's also possible in the CVDS-stadion, but in Anderlecht you have to bring more.

Therefore I was happy when he introduced that 4-4-2 system against Charleroi. i thought he would play a more modern strategie. A strategie like Man U, Real Madrid in which the 2 central midfielders are breakers and the 2 winger have a lot of freedom to create opportunities. I'm 300% sure this is the best system for Anderlecht. Although he yestreday said he didn't want to be a winger, this is definitely the best for Stoica. On the right or on the left (even better with Dindane on the right and Goor on the bench ). He would have soo much freedom, he would be able to show of his class every game.

Anyway I'm afraid Atheunis won't play him. He will go for Dindane who is a real winger. Therefore I'm also quite sure this is the last year of Alin Stoica at Anderlecht . He has the class, but also bad luck he now meets a coach that doesn't like this type of player.

Antheunis has to think about this. Sure he has the results, but anyone who saw the games knows he had an enormous of luck. the kind of play isn't good enough for Anderlecht. Peruzevic was fired for less (for non-Belgians Peruzovic was trainer of Anderlecht in the early 90's, in his first season he had an advantage of 5 points at midseason, only 1 defeat, still he was fired only 'cause he played to defensively).

All the fans understand Stoica will leave because of Aimé. I (who untill now always supported him) and the majority of the public won't forgive him that If Antheunis also keeps playing ths long-ball-tacktic, even winning the CL won't be enough to make him popular again. He has to understand that Anderlecht isn't Genk .

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2000, 15:44
International

Truly bad news. It seems my dream watching Stoica develop into a first team player for Anderlecht and later on for Romania is coming to an end. However, when you guys (the fans) speak about Stoica being treated unfairly like this, the management hears about it, then the coach, and then hopefully things could change... hopefully

Tricolor pina la moarte!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2000, 18:37
International

Article from www.onefootball.com

Quote:
Anderlecht midfielder Alin Stoica has still not recovered from the shock of finding himself on the bench against PSV on Tuesday and is considering his future with Belgian champions.

Talking to La Derniere Heure, the talented 20-year-old expressed his disappointment and pondered how much longer he could be content on the sidelines. The Romanian said: "I don’t want to make it worse but I have to ask myself what the future is."

Anderlecht coach Aimé Antheunis starts each game with a strict battle plan and likes his players to follow orders. Winning is everything and this could be his downfall at Parc Astrid, where they are used to victory in style from players such as Paul van Himst, Enzo Scifo and Robbie Rensenbrink.

Stoica insists that Antheunis still has his loyalty but added: "When Aimé Anthuenis told me that I wasn’t playing against PSV, I was very down as I was sure I would play. The game suited me but Antheunis didn’t agree and told me so.

"I was already upset that I’d missed the game with Manchester United. The comments by Alex Ferguson didn’t help (he said that Stoica was the only player of true international class in the Anderlecht team) and just left me frustrated."

The main complaints about the former Steaua Bucharest player are his lack of physical presence and his low work-rate. But Stoica hit back: "How can I be expected to be in as good condition as Bart Goor and Bertrand Crasson when I’ve hardly played a full game in four years.

"You don’t get match fit on the training ground but by playing regularly," he added.

As for his work-rate, while Stoica admits that he is not the type of player who covers every blade of grass, he doesn’t see that as a problem.

"How would Antheunis have reacted if Par Zetterberg had still been here and he had to select a team to play PSV," asked Stoica. "Would he have preferred someone who was better at defending (Oleg Iachtchouk was chosen) and leave out Zetterberg.

"When Zetterberg left for Athens, everyone said that this would be my season. Now all I see is that I’ve missed our two most important games against Manchester United and PSV."
That last paragraph says a lot.

Tricolor pina la moarte!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2000, 00:10
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Ajax | Oranje
In the competition he's still a starter. He scored again against Lierse.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2000, 08:56
International

Unbelievable, he scores almost every second game, and he can't get a CL start!

Tricolor pina la moarte!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2000, 13:16
gOD
Legend

Don't expect him to be in the team on Tuesday . Maybe there is a possibilty, but Alin wasn't good last night. Except from his goal and a shot against the stanchion Stoica was quite invissible.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in