HAHA, Belic gets the international press.... - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2000, 16:12 Thread Starter
Premier Player

(Reuters) Belgian first division Sint-Truiden's Yugoslav goalkeeper Dusan Belic faces a police investigation after Genk fans accused him of injuring one of them with a firework during Saturday's 2-2 draw.
One fan received second-degree burns after a firework thrown by Genk fans was "cleared" from the penalty area by 29-year-old Belic, a spokesman for Sint-Truiden said.
Both the alleged victim and Genk's fan club have lodged a
complaint with the local police, claiming Belic threw the
firework deliberately into the crowd, a charge the player
strenuously denies.
"The firework was thrown onto the pitch. He picked it up and cleared it out of the way. Unfortunately, the crowd is very close to the playing surface and it landed among some
supporters," the club spokesman said.
Sint-Truiden and Genk are great local rivals and their derby match has often been marred by trouble.
Five Genk fans were arrested after Saturday's draw.

----------------------------------------

It's true that Belic throw the fire back at the crowd. But is it fair that people can throw lighter, iron chain, coins, firework, ... at him ? 2 years ago he was hit by such iron thing you use to climb mountains (don't know to exact name) and they threw firework at him. I think it was too much for him now and unfortanetly it was a bad reaction. But the firework that started the trouble isn't even allowed in our stadium so the people of Genk made a mistake too.. It wasn't right from Belic but Genk is making too much out if it because they started the trouble.. Always the same such rivalry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2000, 16:14 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Forgot to mention it : Belic now can face a 2 year ban from any football stadium because our football law punish everyone inside the stadium who has firework etc...

They must be kidding
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2000, 18:31
gOD
Legend

I know it's not funny for STVV and Belic, but I had to laugh when I read this. It's so stupid!!!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2000, 19:16
Xtratime Legend

This is way to stupid...but I think the goallie is right! if you have something thrown at you you have every right to throw it back.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2000, 19:53
gOD
Legend

I saw it on TV (on Stadion). he didn't want to hit somebody, he just threw it away (very calm) where it came from. it looked like he was just clearing the pitch!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2000, 10:30 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Yes, the game started and the supporters threw it on the field. What do they expect him to do. Just let it there. He took it up and threw it back to the sideline. Unfortanetely the supporters only stand about 2 metres from the field at our stadium.

But it is all a media hype here in our province now. They just want to tease the supporters and create an ever bigger rivalry because that's sensation for the press..

Yesterday they interviewed the man on television. It wasn't a smart guy and he was wearing a white t-shirt. When they showed where he was hit by the fire (in a close up)the guy was wearing a black t-shirt and his skin wasn't white like the first guy
They interviewed him but gave him a paper with the answers and he was always looking at the piece of paper and never at the camera or interviewer. ANd even the facts he was telling were all lies but you only know it when you saw the incident.
For example: the man said he was hit during the warm-up but it was just before the game. During the warm-up Belic was on the other side of the field.

Stupid press. Now we 'Limburgers' look like fools again
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2000, 10:37
gOD
Legend

lol, was it on vtm or on a regional channel. i'm soo sad i missed that
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2000, 11:55 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Luckily it was only on a regional television

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in