Anderlecht wins the Supercup! (3-1) - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2000, 21:58 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Supercup 2000 is won by Anderlecht by a 3-1 victory over RC Genk.
Both teams started with strong line-ups, Anderlecht just gave Pirard and Hasi a starting place and Genk started with their stongest line-up posible ( Hendrickx and Paas injured ).

The first halve was of a decent level: both teams combined well and the match was enjoyable.
The referee denied a penaltyfoul on radzinski after 25 min.
Than Genks 4-4-2 got penetrateted twice and both Pirard and Stoica scored.
Bassegio fouled Sonck ten min. later and Thijs made 2-1 on the penaltyspot.
Afer the brake Anderlecht put a whole new team on the pitch ( both teams agreed to allow 8 subs.)
The most important subs were Aruna, Anastasiou and Iachiouck for Koller, Radzinski and Stoica.
The new players made a good impression: Anderlecht played with pression allmost the entire second half.
It is a miracle that they scored only once more. Anastasiou scored on the spot after a foul on Iachiouck.
A ball on the lat and another blunder by the ref spared Genk from total humiliation.

Another trophee for nr 35 and a hopeful result for next wednesday against Porto.Why? Because I am convinced that Aruna can make a difference as a sub and Iachiouck can cover for Stoica if he's tierd.

By the by, the golden ( yellow) Anderlecht shirts kick ass!

ADRIAAN
_________

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2000, 22:28
gOD
Legend

I only disagree on one thing: those yellow (why does everybody calls them golden?) are ugly. Some things shut be left alone even if a lot of money is at stake. Anderlecht is mauve et blanc/paars en wit!!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2000, 21:59
Rising Star

Was Anastasiou any good?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2000, 22:15
gOD
Legend

Yannis came on in the 45e minute as a replacement for Koller and yes he was very good. He played very wel as a targetman, create a couple of chances, convirted the penalty and was dangerous in almost very of his action.

Still I don't think he will be a starter as long as Koller playes with Anderlecht. Jan is just much better.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2000, 01:14
Premier Player

ANderlecht looks like Romania in those jersey's i think. Maybe a move to keep Stoica

I like the jerseys and as all the teams Anderlecht also has to do it for the business. It's not a great idea. Did you see Genk playing in that green-white jersey ? What is that about ! But all the teams do it ...

Now i'm talking about jersey's. The logo of STVV's sponsor ruined our great 'parma' jersey's

Back to football: congratulations Anderlecht for their first trophy ! I hope they can give Belgium back some glory moments in Europe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in