Thank you Turkey! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2008, 21:49 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Netherlands
Thank you Turkey!

Some haters compared them to Greece of 2004! Some said it was luck!! But the courage, the will, the grit, the fight they showed in this tournment CAN NOT BE matched

Thank you Fatim Terim and all the players for making Turkey and all countries that have been under the Turks rule so damn proud

My weekly rant!

27th May 1965: Over 16,000 days.

"For a moment there I returned to my youth, the early youth, when all nice illusions were gathered together. Then life came and, like a strong wind, blew them away, one by one. What we call happiness is sometimes the accordance between our life and circumstances, our biography and history, our personal aspirations and historical currents. If I look at things that way, I can say: I was born too early to be happy. But birth is one of the many things we do not get to choose. It is part of our destiny."
Alija Izetbegovic

"وما الحيله فقد اراد اعدائي ان يغطوا كل خدماتي بغطاء اسود وقد نجحوا في ذلك."

عبد الحميد الثاني
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2008, 21:55
Legend

Teams: Hajduk Split
thank you turkey. you broke a lot of hearts in your run, you made a lot of people depressed. in the same way you also won a lot of hearts and sympathies during your run on account of your fanaticism, never say die attitude, the determination and the hard work.
in other words you brought into this euro the key ingredient football is all about - emotions. love them or hate them you can't be indifferent towards them. and that is perhaps their biggest contribution.

thank you turkey.

Never forget
Never forgive
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2008, 22:01
Legend

thanks too all our players who played their best to make our country proud. you will never be forgotten for generations.

(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkela
Lol ****ing Turks you turned half of Europe Africa and Asia into shit then you emigrated and turned those places into shit too

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2008, 22:01
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
yeah well done.
I hoped to see them in the final but Germany did Turkey today and won by a last minute goal.

It was impressive though that they managed to challenge Germany for 90 minutes despite of all these injuries and suspensions.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2008, 22:08 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Can you please post the video of fans reception when the team arrives to Istanbul?

My weekly rant!

"For a moment there I returned to my youth, the early youth, when all nice illusions were gathered together. Then life came and, like a strong wind, blew them away, one by one. What we call happiness is sometimes the accordance between our life and circumstances, our biography and history, our personal aspirations and historical currents. If I look at things that way, I can say: I was born too early to be happy. But birth is one of the many things we do not get to choose. It is part of our destiny."
Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2008, 22:10
Legend

Teams: Arsenal/France
Good job guys !

Zidane: The French Fabregas
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2008, 22:12
International

I feel sorry for Rüstü. Volkan would have saved that second goal. Also, Kazim's shot against the bar was unlucky. But, despite the injuries (third choice keeper Tolga was even prepared to come onto field as field player if needed!), the team faught like lions and nobody can show anything other than big respect for the team.

I may not be a real fan but this tournament I was with Turkey and I think they did all believers and fans very proud.

Now please let Spain or Russia win the tournament, because this Germany is just not a worthy winner. Apart from the Portugal game they never convinced. So whoever wins Russia-Spain tomorrow may also win the tournament overall.

Tesekkürler Türkiye, I hope to see you at the World Cup 2010 (and feel free to eliminate Belgium on the way, I will root for Turkey)
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2008, 22:18
Legend

Thank you fatih (who has just resigned)

(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

Quote:
Lol ****ing Turks you turned half of Europe Africa and Asia into shit then you emigrated and turned those places into shit too
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2008, 22:21 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambs View Post
Thank you fatih (who has just resigned)
:depress: Thank you Fatih. a hell of a coach

My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2008, 22:27
BANNED!
International

Thanks Fatih. You did your country proud...
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2008, 22:28
International

Before the tournament lot of Turkish fans apparently wanted him out, and now he's the hero... Well, fair enough though, he did a great job. Whoever follows will have it difficult in the shadow of Fatih.
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2008, 22:29
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan, BIH NT, Velez Mostar
Thank you Turkey
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2008, 22:32
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackedpleasures View Post
Before the tournament lot of Turkish fans apparently wanted him out, and now he's the hero... Well, fair enough though, he did a great job. Whoever follows will have it difficult in the shadow of Fatih.
I was one of those people but I can gratefully say that Fatih shut me up big time and no matter all those mistakes he has done in the past 3 years he has redeemed himself and our nation.

Thank you fatih

(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

Quote:
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2008, 22:45
Rookie of the Year 2007
Legend

Teams: LA FRANCE
Merci Turkey.

Won many hearts for your determination and fighting spirit. Every Turk should be proud of their team.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2008, 22:55
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Crosses too hard
Turkiye!

Istanbul United

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0m72FBbuhg

Tayyip at Rize expanding on his plans for the Olympics in 2020 “Kadınlara ayrı, erkeklere ayrı olimpik havuz yapacağız”

Bravo to the dumbest leader on earth. :shakepalm:
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2008, 23:32
Gracies, Turkiye!
Legend

Teams: Un Crit Valent
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2008, 23:49
International

Teams: Argentina
This was the only game i wanted them to win and they didn't, unlike their last 3 games they were the better side, lost, were unlucky and were the one to concede in the last minutes.

Thank you for the entertainment part, but no for eleminating Croatia and Czech and handing it to the Germans, you played Korea of 2002.
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old June 26th, 2008, 00:00
World Class Player

Teams: Republic of Albania NT
They showed the biggest heart in international football and made this tournament interesting.. good job
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old June 26th, 2008, 03:55
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Legend

Teams: Swiss bikini team
NWO sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

risin up back on the field, we r just a group n our will to survive..risin up the challange for our respect!..we have a dream! NWO MOTHER****AS!!
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old June 26th, 2008, 05:20
Legend

TURX brought a lot

The Russians and Turks actually made a post Italy tournament worth watching on a personal level

Good stuff

O INTER O MORTE!!!!!!

Fernando Torres on English defenders "....the truth is most of them lack defensive positioning as a result of their reliance on strength and aggression and leave so much space for you to take advantage of.”

David Trezeguet: Anyway to score in European Cups is easier if compared to Serie A league, since in Champions League clubs give more space to opponents

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in