Are we the most chauvinistic country on earth? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2008, 16:33 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Are we the most chauvinistic country on earth?

A week to go and you just cannot avoid it here

Whereever you go, whichever neighbourhood you cycle through you get to see

whichever supermarket you go to, the whole place is orange

whichever advert you watch you get to see, it's all Oranje related

and then what to think of the fans all dressed in orange in their outfits all over the country watching the game in cafes etc

and this for a tournament which'll probably end for us after 8 days? ok playing the misery guts role here a bit but is there honestly any European country which goes to this length ?

England I can say certainly not having lived there but what about the others....Sweden, Germany, Spain, France or whatever, are they this like bad ? or good if you like it?

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2008, 18:40
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
that's the way it should be, though what I don't like are fake fans, one who have no clue that the team qualified but now all of a sudden will watch every match and think they are experts.

My problem with Holland is how PC the nation is, and this only proves it with your post. What are the Muslims offended?
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2008, 18:42
Defunct
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Forza, Allez, Amunt
I love when it gets like this. I wouldn't call it chauvinism either, I just think it shows excitement. You can support your own team without being a chauvinist. In fact it's not wonder Holland attracts quite a few foreign fans with this attitude.

La Juve? Lasciamo perdere.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2008, 18:54
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by numerodix View Post
I love when it gets like this. I wouldn't call it chauvinism either, I just think it shows excitement. You can support your own team without being a chauvinist. In fact it's not wonder Holland attracts quite a few foreign fans with this attitude.

I am sorry but I think that painting the country with one colour and generally looking slightly less than silly have very little to do with the fact that Holland attracts quite a few foreign fans to their ranks. I've used to like Holland a lot in international tournaments and that was simply because they had great players that played a wonderful attacking football. Sadly, that's not the case any longer.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2008, 19:00 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

if only we saw whole streets draped in Feyenoord flags too

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit View Post
My problem with Holland is how PC the nation is, and this only proves it with your post. What are the Muslims offended?
wtf
where are the PC sentiments in my post ?

and if you think Holland is PC, you only have to look at Barcawinner.

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

Last edited by Wally; June 4th, 2008 at 19:11.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2008, 19:01
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

This has become political.

Please close, delete, and warn the thread starter.

Thank you.

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2008, 19:09 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis View Post
I've used to like Holland a lot in international tournaments and that was simply because they had great players that played a wonderful attacking football. Sadly, that's not the case any longer.
You may be surprised come this tournament

We're finally playing a system which suits the team. No longer 4-3-3 as we only have 1 winger basically but 4-2-3-1 with a lot of movement and flair in midfield & to make it even more exciting, a mediocre defence

Obviously man for man they aren't of the same quality as the 1988 to 2000 sides but certainly better to watch than the Dick Advocaat ( ) 2004 side and van Basten I 2006 side.

Obviously it depends on whether we turn up but in principle we'll be there to attack unlike Romania for example who may well continue playing with 3 holding midfielders . I don't blame them seeing the material they got and results gained by it though. Ditto with Greece in 2004. Up to us to defeat it.

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2008, 19:13
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by numerodix View Post
How do you know that?

Certified thread killer - Best on the web.

No one ever says "It's only a game!" when their team is winning .

Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind. -Kipling
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2008, 19:28
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
You may be surprised come this tournament

We're finally playing a system which suits the team. No longer 4-3-3 as we only have 1 winger basically but 4-2-3-1 with a lot of movement and flair in midfield & to make it even more exciting, a mediocre defence

Obviously man for man they aren't of the same quality as the 1988 to 2000 sides but certainly better to watch than the Dick Advocaat ( ) 2004 side and van Basten I 2006 side.

Obviously it depends on whether we turn up but in principle we'll be there to attack unlike Romania for example who may well continue playing with 3 holding midfielders . I don't blame them seeing the material they got and results gained by it though. Ditto with Greece in 2004. Up to us to defeat it.
Well, I'll be the first to admit it in case you're right but looking at people like Robben, Van Bommel or Van Horse, I doubt it.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2008, 19:36
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Quote:
wtf
where are the PC sentiments in my post ?
There are no such sentiment or hint of it.

But ofcourse its HS who just HAPPENS to make out of the blue remarks about being too PC and offending muslims...in a thread about Dutchies little fanhood eccentricities

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2008, 20:42
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
look who is stalking me again p

and I wasn't specifically talking to Wally, more Dutch people in general.

Heck, I also can't stand when English people complain about how many flags they see everywhere (not the biggest fan of England), but still have some pride will ya?!
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2008, 22:58
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

And HOW was that related to or anywhere relevant to the topic of the oranging up the whole frigging country? p Ofcourse only natural to somehow link it to muslims being offended?

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2008, 23:11
Legend

Teams: Hajduk Split
i think i can give it a shot in explaining as to how hs linked wally's posts and being overly pc and with muslims.

obviously wally showed hints of negativity towards dutchies oranging up the whole of dutchieland. now orange is the traditional dutchie color so pushing dutchism everywhere some dutchieland based nondutchies might find offensive. now wally being a dutchie and showing negativity towards oranging up entire country can only be because of his overly pcism which is a direct result of him being dutch and it can't possibly be due to any other reason such as annoyance at the lack of creativity expressed by his fellow dutchies, and muslims as a minority are a perfect target to accuse of complaining, especially if your username is hajduksplit.

Never forget
Never forgive
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2008, 23:14
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Ofcourse! I feel so stupid Sorry for missing the obvious HS.

post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2008, 23:15
Legend

I hate decorations that just go over the top, it's just as much as ridiculous as it is in Turkey. I guess one of the good things with this is that if you just want a flag you can find one anywhere and take it unlike here in Great Britain where I have to pay 15 Pounds

(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkela
Lol ****ing Turks you turned half of Europe Africa and Asia into shit then you emigrated and turned those places into shit too
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2008, 23:17
Xtratime Legend

Teams: România, Viitorul Constanta
We may have defended against you, but we also had more chances to score. We're not a purely defensive team, though we rely on a solid defense.

"Strength and honor"
MAXIMUS DECIMUS MERIDIUS
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2008, 23:19
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupi View Post
We may have defended against you, but we also had more chances to score. We're not a purely defensive team, though we rely on a solid defense.

wrong thread?

Never forget
Never forgive
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2008, 23:35
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaidenMadness View Post
i think i can give it a shot in explaining as to how hs linked wally's posts and being overly pc and with muslims.

obviously wally showed hints of negativity towards dutchies oranging up the whole of dutchieland. now orange is the traditional dutchie color so pushing dutchism everywhere some dutchieland based nondutchies might find offensive. now wally being a dutchie and showing negativity towards oranging up entire country can only be because of his overly pcism which is a direct result of him being dutch and it can't possibly be due to any other reason such as annoyance at the lack of creativity expressed by his fellow dutchies, and muslims as a minority are a perfect target to accuse of complaining, especially if your username is hajduksplit.

Nelson Mandela
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2008, 23:50
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania, River Plate
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaidenMadness View Post

wrong thread?
No, he was replying to Wally
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2008, 23:52
Legend

ooooh thanks

Never forget
Never forgive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in