Al Qaeda 'Planning Euro 2008 Attack' - Xtratime Community
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2008, 21:33 Thread Starter
Legend

Al Qaeda 'Planning Euro 2008 Attack'

Al Qaeda 'Planning Euro 2008 Attack'

Updated:12:30, Thursday May 15, 2008
Al Qaeda is planning to attack the Euro 2008 football championships in Switzerland and Austria in June, Swiss police say.

"The Euro 2008 tournament is a target cited by the Islamist terrorist network," federal police spokesman Juerg Buehler told Swiss newspaper La Liberte.

He said messages had been posted on Islamist websites and police were "following the situation very closely".

One of the messages urges terrorists to "transform the safest countries in Europe to the hell seen in Iraq or Afghanistan".
Advertisement

"The time has come for the fighters of the faith. They must make their voices heard," said another.

Authorities fear the global media coverage of the tournament will make it an attractive target for an attack.

Security will be tight in and around the grounds, and extra checks will be made on people buying tickets from "high-risk" areas in the Middle East, the newspaper reported.

The federal government's security budget for the tournament is said to top Ł18m.
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...316139,00.html

.................................................. .........................................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2008, 21:50
Pepe the Beast
Star Player

Teams: Real Madrid & the North London Bank of French Shylock
if they do I will drop out of school and spend the rest of my life hunting down all the terrorists connected. Then after I catch them I will torture them for the rest of my life.:frustrat:

damn animals.

I support a corporation in Northern London.

Go Gunners...... Inc.

Show me your clubs trophy cabinet and I'll show you our financial statements.... Excluding employee expenses.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2008, 22:51
Tim
Xtratime Legend

Last edited by Tim; May 16th, 2008 at 22:57.

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2008, 23:12
BANNED!
Legend

Teams: Barça
Its sad they exist.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2008, 23:38
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArsenalUltra View Post
if they do I will drop out of school and spend the rest of my life hunting down all the terrorists connected. Then after I catch them I will torture them for the rest of my life.:frustrat:

damn animals.
Ok, iron man.

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people

Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2008, 00:05
International

As if this is new. Every big event is a potential target for terrorist strikes in theory. If you fear this, then never attend any Champions League game or title-decider in packed stadiums like Camp Nou or San Siro. With security measurements at an all-time high (partially fed by the paranoia about terrorism that exists globally) the odds that it will really happen are very slim.
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2008, 00:40
Pepe the Beast
Star Player

Teams: Real Madrid & the North London Bank of French Shylock
Quote:
Ok, iron man.
lol. Well if I had more money....:hopeful:

I support a corporation in Northern London.

Go Gunners...... Inc.

Show me your clubs trophy cabinet and I'll show you our financial statements.... Excluding employee expenses.
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2008, 01:34
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
I dare them!

maybe they are angry their home country (England) aren't in it, but they can support another country which loves them and protects them, Holland
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2008, 01:49
BANNED!
Legend

Teams: Manchester United
trying to say English people are terrorist...?
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2008, 01:51
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

no, I am saying these countries are very PC and actually try to protect them. Holland and England are too nervous to crack down on them, Germany too.

It seems in today's world you can't say anything bad about minorities, even if it is the truth. This is a problem in America too, we have people who would protect them as well here

Last edited by HajdukSplit; May 17th, 2008 at 01:56.
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2008, 01:57
Star Player

Teams: England/Newcastle United/Real Madrid/ Juve
we're fighting a war against them not protecting them. but on topic its just a threat. Bin laden probably left a to-do list with this on before he died

we're back!!!
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2008, 02:11
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit View Post
no, I am saying these countries are very PC and actually try to protect them. Holland and England are too nervous to crack down on them, Germany too.

It seems in today's world you can't say anything bad about minorities, even if it is the truth. This is a problem in America too, we have people who would protect them as well here
You're trying to justify your extreme bigotry with this too now?

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2008, 02:18
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

nah, it's the truth
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2008, 04:04
Che
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

let all hope and pray (if you believe) that this tournament that bring us together will not be blow apart....

"To go down as the greatest, it will take lots of work but that is my target. If you go down as the greatest at Madrid it means you are one of the greatest of all time."

CRISTIANO RONALDO
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2008, 10:06
BANNED!
Legend

Teams: Manchester United
Patrice Evra's gonna terrorize most teams he plays this summer, bombing down the left side
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2008, 11:24
Star Player

Teams: Sweden, Spanish football
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArsenalUltra View Post

damn animals.

I share your feelings man.
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2008, 13:46
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit View Post

And what bad have you got to say about "minorities"? I take that you refer to the Muslim community now?

Obviously we protect them, because *newsflash* they have nothing to do with this whole terrorism thing. Islam does not approve terrorist actions and the overwhelming majority of Muslims will strongly judge any such act. So I think it is rather justified to protect these innocent people than to wrongly link them to a terrorist organisation that only represents a very tiny minority of Muslims.
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2008, 13:52
A10
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Never in B
Such news are expected.. when November is nearing.
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2008, 13:55
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackedpleasures View Post
And what bad have you got to say about "minorities"? I take that you refer to the Muslim community now?

Obviously we protect them, because *newsflash* they have nothing to do with this whole terrorism thing. Islam does not approve terrorist actions and the overwhelming majority of Muslims will strongly judge any such act. So I think it is rather justified to protect these innocent people than to wrongly link them to a terrorist organisation that only represents a very tiny minority of Muslims.
again lack of focus in here

I am saying in these countries you actually have lawyers who would defend terrorists because they need their 1st Ammendmant Rights (don't know what these rights are called in 'Modern Europe' )
not only do to get lawyers but they get time to think of a defense!
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2008, 14:01
International

Well, fair trial is a basic right to that everyone gets a lawyer (even when you know guilt is proven and punishment awaits) is only normal I'd say.

The thing is, you were saying you cannot freely talk critical of "minorities", you did not make a clear difference between the Muslim minority and the terrorists. The way you were saying it left room for interpretation as if these terrorists would be representative of the average Muslim. You said "you cannot say anything bad about minorities ; ...protect THEM as well here" ; from this way of expressing your opinion it is definitely not sounding like the "them" referred to terrorists and not to Muslims in general.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in