The most undeserved participant of EC! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2007, 14:19 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: DINAMO & CHELSEA
The most undeserved participant of EC!

please vote..

1. Portugal in 6 matches against top 4 teams from their group (Poland, Serbia and Finland).. they get only 5 points, 5 times x, and one lose. also very bad playing during the qualfs and a lot of incidents..

2. Netherland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Appalling away to Luxembourg only beating them 0-1

Lucky to not draw against Albania at home when the referee failed to give them a last minute penalty after clumsy Bouhlarouz made a foul

Appalling away to Slovenia where we beat them thanks to a deflected van Bronckhorst shot from 30 yards in the last minute

Appalling once again against Albania where we deserved to lose despite coming away 0-1 winners thank to an injury time goal from the horse. A 100% legitimate goal from Albania ruled out too.

Tactical cluelessness shown from our manager especially in the game away against Romania and I could continue....

I don't think I've ever been this down going into a major championship.
3. Turkey ..they were very inconclusive during the qualfs, in not very though group..

4. Russia ..they had big problems away against andorra, they lost in israel, they played x at home against macedonia and israel also.. and also they get very suspiocus penalty against england for 2:1 win at home..

Football champion!
Live stream Live streaming
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2007, 14:24
A10
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Never in B
ALL deserved.

You may say thiis or that team played badly against smaller teams, while The Good ones are also at the expense of some screwed-up-at-that-moment teams. If they deserve, then so would the rests.

croatia did badly against a small team.... still deserved?
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2007, 15:06
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
well, they all deserve it, nobody can go perfect in qualifiers but I will still answer Russia and both teams in Group C

Portugal deserve it Jamaica, it's not their fault UEFA decided to put them in an Arab Nations Group, half the countries aren't even in Europe from Group A!

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2007, 15:11
Legend

Teams: Liverpool
Italy.

lucas21
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2007, 15:13
Star Player

Teams: Panathinaikos Parma Man.Utd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
well, they all deserve it, nobody can go perfect in qualifiers but I will still answer Russia and both teams in Group C
Group C winners should have gotten an automatic place for the Euro.:smileani:
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2007, 15:17
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Would anyone care if a "undeserved" team goes and wins the Euro? Wouldn't think so.

The qualifiers are forgotten when you enter the main tournament, Simple as that. Though it mary affect your team in the future if they played bad and continue to do the same in the future.

Everyone who made it through deserved it because they simply took their chances (or their opponents didn't) even though some got major help (Russia).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2007, 15:18
World Class Player

Teams: AEK Athens & Dirty Leeds
If you finish ahead of 3rd place, you deserve to qualify...

..that means all of them do.

They did what they had to

05.04.00 - 05.04.09

9 years of hurt and pain.

An anniversary we never wanted, but one we'll never forget.

R.I.P boys.

"We're gunna stay with you forever"

NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER FORGET.
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2007, 15:22
Defunct
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Forza, Allez, Amunt
Undeserved is one way of looking at it, but it's their prior success (Portugal and Holland) that has put them in the favorable position of being the strongest (on paper) team in the group, which means they didn't have to try so hard.

La Juve? Lasciamo perdere.
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2007, 16:07
Xtratime Legend

France!

I wanted to see the Tartan Army at Euro. p
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2007, 18:13
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
They're all deserving.

R.I.P Ari
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2007, 18:53
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Portugal, SL Benfica, Manchester United
I think everyone who made it pretty much deserved it. JAMAICA, by any chance, are those teams you listed your least favorite? I wouldn't be surprised.

Wally is always overreacting to things like that. I doubt he actually meant that

O GLORIOSO

Last edited by O Glorioso; November 24th, 2007 at 19:06.
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2007, 20:17
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
So let me get this straight...

Greece finishing with a 10-1-1 record (31 points most in Europe) and being defending champions doesn't deserve to be there?

Get over yourself...
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2007, 20:34
PMC
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Romania
there is no "undeserved" participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itidLk5Dd3k

^ a world without romania

I support: Romania, romanian teams in europe, Rapid Vienna

the most accurate Pro Evolution stats in the World!

I'm a Rapper and WWE Forum Manager

http://www.myspace.com/pemcee
NEW SONGS UP @ 07.01.08 = turkish, romanian, german and english hip hop
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2007, 21:36
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: ACF Fiorentina 1926
Personally, I vote Russia. they didn't deserve to get through, they will not win it and guess what? - they probably won't qualify from their group come 2008.

STAY AHEAD
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2007, 21:42
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Eskişehirspor, Türkiye
All deserve to be there every game was tough, it's funny I see more and more Croatians popping up on this site way too overconfident about themselves. Yes your team is good and fun to watch I must say but when you win, win with grace and don't start these types of bullshit threads as it's going to make you look stupid in the end if your team blows it.

1954-2006

Eskişehir'de Doğdum ESKİŞEHİRSPOR'LUYUM
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2007, 21:44
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravesends
All deserve to be there every game was tough, it's funny I see more and more Croatians popping up on this site way too overconfident about themselves. Yes your team is good and fun to watch I must say but when you win, win with grace and don't start these types of bullshit threads as it's going to make you look stupid in the end if your team blows it.
You just took the words out of my mouth. It looks like it's a big thing to kick out mediocre England from the Euro Finals with a Brazilian scoring half of their goals :rollani:

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2007, 21:56
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firenze
Personally, I vote Russia. they didn't deserve to get through, they will not win it and guess what? - they probably won't qualify from their group come 2008.

R.I.P Ari
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2007, 22:05
Legend

Teams: Hajduk Split
everyone who finished in top 2 deserved it. some were less convincing than the others, some had tougher groups some had easier and that but the fact that remains is that whilst i feel sorry for scotland and think they had a much harder job than turkey for example, at the end of the turks got pass their obstacles and scots didn't.

the only team which i think doesn't deserve to be there is austria. they've been given an automatic place as hosts when in fact i seriously doubt they would have qualified. i think the swiss would have, so i won't say their place is undeserved, but austrians i think wouldn't have.

if you ask me i'd remove the automatic qualification for the host nations. i think that just cause they host it doesn't mean they should get a direct qualification. yeah its all for the good of the tournament and all but is it really fair? call me crazy, but i think scots would have kicked austrians ass 9 times out of 10 and yet austrians will be at the euros while scots will be watching them from home.

Never forget
Never forgive
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2007, 22:10
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Portugal, SL Benfica, Manchester United
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaidenMadness

the only team which i think doesn't deserve to be there is austria. they've been given an automatic place as hosts when in fact i seriously doubt they would have qualified. i think the swiss would have, so i won't say their place is undeserved, but austrians i think wouldn't have.

if you ask me i'd remove the automatic qualification for the host nations. i think that just cause they host it doesn't mean they should get a direct qualification. yeah its all for the good of the tournament and all but is it really fair? call me crazy, but i think scots would have kicked austrians ass 9 times out of 10 and yet austrians will be at the euros while scots will be watching them from home.
This is the only thing I believe we shouldn't comment on. Host countries have the right to automatically qualify. It is also in the best interest of UEFA that they do, because if they had to and failed, the tournament wouldn't spark much interest with the home crowd.

O GLORIOSO

post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2007, 22:13
Legend

Teams: Hajduk Split
Quote:
Originally Posted by O Glorioso
This is the only thing I believe we shouldn't comment on. Host countries have the right to automatically qualify. It is also in the best interest of UEFA that they do, because if they had to and failed, the tournament wouldn't spark much interest with the home crowd.
i understand why they get it and that without the hosts nations on the tournament there would be less interests blahblahblah
but at the same tile looking from just sports perspective, disregarding everything else its not really fair.

Never forget
Never forgive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in