Frechaut coming to SCP?????? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2002, 02:55 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: SPORTING
Frechaut coming to SCP??????

I just read this on A bola!!

Frechaut pode reforçar Sporting

O lateral-direito Frechaut, actualmente ao serviço do Boavista, pode ser reforço do Sporting no actual período de transferências, segundo noticia a Antena 1.

As negociações decorrem a ritmo acelerado, sendo que existe total receptividade por parte dos «axadrezados» para libertar o jogador, ainda que tudo esteja dependente dos valores apresentados.

Frechaut, de 25 anos, conta com 11 presenças na Selecção Nacional, tendo regressado à competição recentemente, depois de ter sido submetido a intervenção cirúrgica que o afastou dos relvados durante quatro meses.

26/12/2002 23:52
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2002, 15:58
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan-Sporting CP-USA-Mexico
This guy's a defensive back, no? Could help solidify the defense. I don't know a whole lot about him. Any info would be appreciated.

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, but how drunk you get."

"There's no justice like mob justice."
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2002, 16:06
Premier Player

Teams: Sporting CP, Portugal, US National Team
He's the type of player that Boloni loves: technically strong with the ability to play multiple positions. He can play trinco or anywhere on the right flank (fullback, wingback, or midfield). He's a better right back than anything else. He's been a NT regular now for about a year and a half. He would definitely be an upgrade on the right side of Defence.

However, my only concern is why Boavista would be so willing to part with him now? He's just come back from surgery (either knee or ankle, I don't recall), too. Maybe there's something more to this that Boavista isn't letting on?

Nonetheless, if the price is right and if he's healthy, then we should take him!

Viva Sporting - 2001/2002 League Champions!!!

2002/03 Xtratime Fantasy Football Champion - Viva Sagres & Bifanas!!!

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2002, 16:19
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Sounds useful. Maybe he's even the answer to the midfield problem. Is he a distributor and organizer or merely a ballwinning and tackling mid?

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, but how drunk you get."

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2002, 16:20
Premier Player

There's another (better) rumor in the Record today.

It appears that former Boavista Captain, Litos, is not happy at Malaga. He's not playing for some reason, and he could be up for a return to Portugal. The only problem is that Sporting would have to take him on loan, since they couldn't afford him right now.

Without a doubt, this guy would be a huge upgrade over Hugo or Quiroga in the middle. If we could get him, we could switch Contreras back to Right Back, and have Litos play alongside Beto when he returns in February. Hell, we could even consider a Contreras-Beto-Litos back 3 formation, too!

Hopefully, we can sign either him or Freachaut before the Porto game on Jan. 11.

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2002, 16:22
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally posted by Dae
Sounds useful. Maybe he's even the answer to the midfield problem. Is he a distributor and organizer or merely a ballwinning and tackling mid?
No, he's not that creative, he's more a ball-winner. He's a better flank player because of his speed. He overlaps really well, too. However, his crossing would be a marked improvement to Cesar Prates.

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2002, 16:25
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Marco mentioned the Litos rumor to me a few weeks ago in chat. Obviously an enormous acquisition if it happens. I also like the three back set as it allows for another midfielder (preferably a organizing central mid) and more possibilities. I like Contreras in the middle, so I would like him to stay put. Doesn't Quiroga play the fullback spot? I seem to recall him playing right back or something like that and he did a decent job. If so, it's another option.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2002, 16:28
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Penguin
No, he's not that creative, he's more a ball-winner. He's a better flank player because of his speed. He overlaps really well, too. However, his crossing would be a marked improvement to Cesar Prates.

Hmmmm....I was just going to mention Prates and his seemingly complete decline as a useful player.

If Frechaut is not the organizer we need then we either have to cover up the gap or keep looking for some mid-season replacement. I realize I harp on this issue all hte time, but like it or not (att: a certain no-nothing moron) it really is the killing factor for us. I think our defense, while shaky at best, is not nearly as worrisome as our midfield. Perhaps the Tonito experiment will provide band-aid relief.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2002, 16:31
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally posted by Dae
Marco mentioned the Litos rumor to me a few weeks ago in chat. Obviously an enormous acquisition if it happens. I also like the three back set as it allows for another midfielder (preferably a organizing central mid) and more possibilities. I like Contreras in the middle, so I would like him to stay put. Doesn't Quiroga play the fullback spot? I seem to recall him playing right back or something like that and he did a decent job. If so, it's another option.
Quiroga has been playing on the right lately, especially since Beto went down. However, like Beto, it's not his natural (or best) position. Contreras is a right back, but he's a great center back, too. I would prefer we get someone who is a legitimate right back, like Frechaut, as opposed to continously using Beto or Quiroga out of position.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2002, 16:45
Premier Player

Agreed! We don't need a Rui-Costa type playmaker as such, but what we need is a solid 2-way midfielder. A guy that plays from penalty box to penalty box, sideline to sideline. I would like to see us get Pedro Mendes from Guimaraes. He fits the mold perfectly.

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2002, 17:09
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Ronaldo, Barbosa, Tello and Quaresma can all serve as playmaker types (if from varying angles), but as you say, it is the cover all and do all midfielder that we lack. It's amazing how Sporting manage to unload that key position after we win championships and yet have no clear player in mind as replacement. And none of the players who vacated the spot (Duscher, Delfim or Viana) have done anything at their next club. Duscher's lone highlight was breaking Beckham's foot. A nice highlight, to be sure , but hardly worht the move. Delfim has vanished from the face of the earth and Viana, when not sitting on the bench for Newcastle is adding his name to the injury roster. What a shame.

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2002, 18:03
International

Frechaut can only help the defense. We're too unorganised back there at the moment. We should probably start playing a better possessive game in the defense, because all of our defense problems seem to happen when we give up the ball for just 5 seconds.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2002, 20:13
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Giving up the ball, period, is never a good thing.

Your point on disorganization does have some merit, although I see disorganization to be a far larger issue in the midfield. If anything, we are playing centerbacks (Hugo, for instance) who have no idea where to position themselves nor who to mark. It's that lack of idea that kills us during those 5 seconds you speak of.

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2002, 03:42
International

True but IMO, the sooner we fix the defense problem we'll at least stop conceding goals, which is better than losing. Our forward situation is also a bit hectic though. I mean we never know when Jardel will find a brain or when he'll decide to use that metal plate in his head to head in goals. So really we're just a bit TOO uncertain about our squad. Fact is Ronaldo can become quality but we can't start him every game as he's still what 16, 17? And now Niculae's form hasn't been good and now he's injured for a month. I say we take the transfer window to get 1 defender 1 midfield and 1 forward, because unless we have some training miracle this problem won't go away.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2002, 15:36
World Class Player

Teams: Detroit Red Wings
Anyways, seems that FatJardel is coming back to you guys on Monday to train with the team. Considering he's been nothing more but a liability to you guys I am beginning to wonder whether anyone in SCP-Land actually wants him back.

Anyways, Van Gaal is still keen on landing Jardel in Barca cause he needs a centre forward while SCP needs an offensive midfielder to pull the game by its strings. Anyone here that Riquelme could be the guy??? The talk in Argentina is that Riquelme is leaving Barca this week when the transfer window reopens?? Mayhaps a straight swap, one fat player for another?

Cry me a river you whiney little bit.........

-Charlie Brown
Leaders of the New School
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2002, 15:55
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Interesting scenario. I really don't know if Jardel is worth anything to us anymore. Not in his current form. If we can get something from Barca, then maybe it's worth dumping him. Riquelme is a massive talent and would be a great addition to any club. However, I don't know if he is really the central mid we need or simply another player who plays best behind the forwards in the playmaker spot. I also don't know if he'd want a move to Sporting.

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2002, 19:18
International

Well we should sell Jardel while people in Spain and Italy still think he's worth 13-15 million.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2002, 20:53
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I think that may be the most insightful comment you've made.

I agree. If he plays and behaves like he has much longer, Jardel will be worthless in every sense of the word.

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2002, 23:11
International

I dunno who's worse Mario or George!
Maybe Benfica wanna get the second half of the donkey...
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2003, 18:18
World Class Player

Teams: Detroit Red Wings
Quote:
Originally posted by Dae
I also don't know if he'd want a move to Sporting.
I do think that Sporting is a better prospect that the clubs in Sweden who are after him. Don't you?

I also don't see why he would care. As long as he is playing and getting paid I think all would be fine....no?

Cry me a river you whiney little bit.........

-Charlie Brown
Leaders of the New School

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in