U.Leiria vs Sporting - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old December 14th, 2002, 18:21 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: SPORTING
U.Leiria vs Sporting

This is today's starting lineup for SCP:

SPORTING – Nélson; Quiroga, Hugo, Contreras e Tello; Rui Bento e Marcos Paulo; Sá Pinto, Joăo Pinto e Cristiano Ronaldo; Kutuzov.

Interesting line-up with some new faces (Sa pinto & Marcos Paulo) and noteably the absence of Jardel.

Let's go Sporting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old December 14th, 2002, 18:37
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
i really don't understand why u guys still put up with jardel
he plays like s###, goes to brazil whenever it pleases him, says that if the fans are worried that's their problem.....!

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2002, 17:02
Star Player

Teams: Portugal, Sporting
Another loss. :depress:

Didn't see the game, but the Sporting write up says the goals were conceded in "incomprehensible circumstances". Sounds like our defense was out to lunch again.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old December 16th, 2002, 04:31
Premier Player

Teams: Sporting CP, Portugal, US National Team
God Damnit!!!!

First off, we didn't play that bad. Take away a 10 minute stretch in the 2nd half when Leiria scored 2 goals and the uncalled PK in the 1st half, we would have won this game.

As much as I defended them after the Benfica game, both our Defense and our GK sucked the big one yesterday. It wasn't Nelson's fault the 1st goal went off a defender, but I put 100% of the blame for the goal on him because he failed to put a wall in front of the free kick (it was about 30-35 meters out). On the 2nd goal, he should have come off his line for the ball and he bobbled the initial save. The 3rd goal was poor marking by our Central Defenders (fecking Hugo!!!). Can anyone tell how in the world Hugo actually played in SERIE A???????? This guy needs to go now!

On a positive note, it was a good return for Sa Pinto. There was some rust, but he connected well on the right with JVP and Ronaldo. Once again, Ronaldo was the man; he set up the first goal with a nice cross that JVP headed in. Also, I liked what I saw out of Marcos Paulo in midfield. It was his first start of the season, but he showed that he could be a viable option to one of the Bentos in the middle.

Viva Sporting - 2001/2002 League Champions!!!

2002/03 Xtratime Fantasy Football Champion - Viva Sagres & Bifanas!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in