Sporting vs Belenses - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2002, 05:10 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Portugal, Sporting
Sporting vs Belenses

Can anyone give me a quick synopsis of this game. I was on my way to see it when I wrecked my car. JUMPtv just replayed the Benfica vs Porto debacle, I'm hoping they at least show the hi-lites of this one. I hear JVP had a hero's return??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2002, 15:01
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan-Sporting CP-USA-Mexico
JVP scored first, followed by Quaresma. I believe Tello fed JVP for the header. It was a pretty chip shot into the box. Quaresma's goal was pure individula brilliance and he scored from a ridiculous angle. It looks like Sporting are finally finding some goals.

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, but how drunk you get."

"There's no justice like mob justice."
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2002, 20:49
Star Player

See Quaresma's goal at www.scp.pt. It was very nice.

Players like Quaresma make me want to watch the game. He is just brilliant, brilliant. Easily one of the most exciting young players I've seen in years.

I really hope he stays at Sporting for a few more years and isn't tempted by a more lucrative Serie A move. I hear Juve and Inter wouldn't mind having him.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2002, 20:58
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan-Sporting CP-USA-Mexico
From what I read, Juve want him. Juve and Man U are both reportedly interested in Ronaldo Cristiano. Bot way too green to go to such a demanding environment.

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, but how drunk you get."

"There's no justice like mob justice."
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old October 22nd, 2002, 04:34
Star Player

Inter interested as well?

Here's an article coutesy of Channel 4:

Inter join Quaresma queue Sunday 20 October, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter have joined the list of clubs lining up bids for ‘The new Luis Figo’, 19-year-old Ricardo Quaresma.

The Sporting Lisbon starlet had been strongly linked to Juventus, but the Nerazzurri confirmed they are in the chase.

“We have information on many players, and that includes Quaresma,” said Inter talent scout Luisito Suarez in an interview with ‘Radio Renascenca’.

“I consider him a very fast player, with excellent dribbling skills and a hard work ethic. I think he would do extremely well in any club.”

Suarez is a hero for Nerazzurri fans as he was a star creative midfielder for them in the 1960’s.

“Luis Figo was a great player,” added Suarez when asked about the comparisons with Quaresma, “but when we went to Barcelona he became a champion. Quaresma also needs a big club in which to mature.”

Quaresma’s contract with Sporting Lisbon has a buy-out clause worth in the region of Ł16m.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old October 22nd, 2002, 12:28 Thread Starter
Star Player

That would put a cool 30 million in Sporting's pocket. If he lasts out the season with them I'll be surprised. Bad for Portuguese fans, but good I think for him. He's ready for the higher level of competition, and if he continues as he's been developing - he will be one of the greats.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old October 22nd, 2002, 12:42 Thread Starter
Star Player

Thanks for the goal link Shinji. Quaresma's goal was pretty, but a bit lucky as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in