It's Official - The B I T CH is Back - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2002, 22:25 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: Sporting CP, Portugal, US National Team
It's Official - The B I T CH is Back

It was just announced on the Sporting website that Mario Jardel will be returning to the club, effective tomorrow 9/28.

I can't say that I totally agree with his return, but if he is sincere (doubt it) and wished to be part of the team, then get him suited it up!

As much as we need some scoring, I have no tolerance for this prima-donna **** he's pulled.

Viva Sporting - 2001/2002 League Champions!!!

2002/03 Xtratime Fantasy Football Champion - Viva Sagres & Bifanas!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2002, 22:33
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Benfica; Portugal
What were his words, "f*cking Barcelona were just kidding, sorry!"?

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

http://members.cox.net/fantasychamp/power.jpg
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old September 28th, 2002, 01:53
International

Well as long as one of Sporting's problems is solved I'm happy. Now just Sa Pinto and Joao and we should rocket back to the top 3 easily.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old September 28th, 2002, 03:17
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan-Sporting CP-USA-Mexico
Sa Pinto is irrelevant. He hasn't played for us in ages and had nothign to do with last year's success. With Jardel and JVP back, we fill two of the voids left empty. Hwoever, we still don't have a replacement for Viana. IMO, he was really the key to last year's championship. Before he stepped up, our midfield had no organization and since he's left I don't think we've had it since. Jardel's goals will be an enormous boost, but I really am worried that we won't find an answer to the void left by Viana's departure.

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, but how drunk you get."

"There's no justice like mob justice."
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old September 28th, 2002, 03:59 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: Sporting CP, Portugal, US National Team
Quote:
Originally posted by Dae
Sa Pinto is irrelevant. He hasn't played for us in ages and had nothign to do with last year's success. With Jardel and JVP back, we fill two of the voids left empty. Hwoever, we still don't have a replacement for Viana. IMO, he was really the key to last year's championship. Before he stepped up, our midfield had no organization and since he's left I don't think we've had it since. Jardel's goals will be an enormous boost, but I really am worried that we won't find an answer to the void left by Viana's departure.
You hit the nail right on the head, Dae. sometimes it's too strange how history repeats itself. Back in 2000, we sold Duscher off. The following season, our midfield was void of cohesion/creativity. This continued until Viana made his mark. Now, we find ourselves in the same situation since we sold off Viana.

However, I really feel we have a solution to our problem: his name is CARLOS MARTINS!!! Granted, he is not at Viana's level, but then again how players are??? However, Martins is a guy who could be our #10 for years to come; he organizes the attack very well, and he's got a cannon for a right foot!!!

This kid has been knocking at the door for some time now; he's ready to step up, and hopefully Boloni will start playing him!

Viva Sporting - 2001/2002 League Champions!!!

2002/03 Xtratime Fantasy Football Champion - Viva Sagres & Bifanas!!!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old September 28th, 2002, 13:37
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Well, Viana came out of nowhere to lead us last year, so maybe this kid will get the chance. If we still had Delfim, a guy who left for a bigger scene but vanished, then we'd have the player needed. It seems Sporting have groomed a lot of talent in that position, but we sell them every year. IF anything, that is the position you want the most stability. That and maybe Center back.

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, but how drunk you get."

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old September 28th, 2002, 15:49
Rising Star

Delfim:frownani:
WOW I miss him does his job defensively and get's to scoring a few goals to!
I hope his career can take off again
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old September 28th, 2002, 15:53
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Does anybody know what Delfim is doing? Is he still with Marseille? Did he ever play?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in