Isn't it Ironic?! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2002, 14:10 Thread Starter
Star Player

Isn't it Ironic?!

How Sportings biggest Rivals actually have a ceremony/Celebration for one of the greatest SPortinguistas of all, FIGO!?

It just goes to show the respect that Figo deserves and how well respected he is in any Circle!

What do you think he did with the Plague given to him? I heard he took it shined it up real nice, turned it sideways and stuck straight up Nuno Gomes's candy ass.....funny thing was Nuno liked it!

BTW-He and his father own 2 seats in the new SCP stadium, their is an option to actually buy certain seats that you may keep although they are a bit pricey!

Thanks SLB for the Celebration of our man!

Last edited by ALCATRAZ; August 21st, 2002 at 14:12.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2002, 14:31
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Benfica; Portugal
Figo deserves it, and he showed it on his game Versus Benfica. He was outstanding.

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

http://members.cox.net/fantasychamp/power.jpg
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2002, 16:05
Flo
Legend

Teams: SL Benfica, Liverpool, & AC Milan
Back to the ole Figo he was

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2002, 16:38
Rising Star

It also shows the type of class that only SLB has by paying homage to a great Portuguese soccer player for just that regardless of waht team his loyalties side with.

Our petty rivals would never commit such an act of respect and humility and paying credit where it is due simply because of their self-centred insecure ways. Its because of these behind the time manners that I fear our Portuguese teams will always be behind the other major leagues in Europe. Theres not enough unity where its needed in order for all teams, the league itself to grow -on the field it should alwyas be war but off it there should be respect and combined efforts to strengthen our league.

How can this occur when our rivals and their management spend there time instigated and talkin ****, whilst BENFICA openly supports other team via making public statements as we did last week wishing the best of luck to our rivals in their respective European competitions.

Its about time that the other big Portuguese teams try and show a bit of class in order to bring our league out of the shadows of past glory; otherwise we will see a further decline of Portuguese teams competing in Europe!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2002, 16:55
International
International

Teams: Benfica, Portugal
Quote:
Originally posted by OG BENFIQUISTA
It also shows the type of class that only SLB has by paying homage to a great Portuguese soccer player for just that regardless of waht team his loyalties side with.

Our petty rivals would never commit such an act of respect and humility and paying credit where it is due simply because of their self-centred insecure ways. Its because of these behind the time manners that I fear our Portuguese teams will always be behind the other major leagues in Europe. Theres not enough unity where its needed in order for all teams, the league itself to grow -on the field it should alwyas be war but off it there should be respect and combined efforts to strengthen our league.

How can this occur when our rivals and their management spend there time instigated and talkin ****, whilst BENFICA openly supports other team via making public statements as we did last week wishing the best of luck to our rivals in their respective European competitions.

Its about time that the other big Portuguese teams try and show a bit of class in order to bring our league out of the shadows of past glory; otherwise we will see a further decline of Portuguese teams competing in Europe!
Great post OG!

But what you're asking is essentially non-portuguese. How can these teams cooperate with each other in making a stronger league, when they all have the genetic portuguese syndrome of "dor do cotovelo"??!

....There was also a conspiracy against Sporting to keep them out of 1st place by 26 points. The conspiracy is about to be revealed in a public judicial forum soon enough. It's hasn't anything to do with Golden whistles, but with Golden Showers, as Sporting Administration and coaching has conspired to piss all over themselves this season.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2002, 16:56
Flo
Legend

Teams: SL Benfica, Liverpool, & AC Milan
Quote:
Originally posted by OG BENFIQUISTA

Agreed, but I would have to exempt Porto from this equation. They always thumb there noses at every one....
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2002, 19:54 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally posted by RedEagle

"dor do cotovelo"??!
What's that mean? I know it's Pain of -------? but what's cotovelo?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2002, 20:08
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Benfica; Portugal
Quote:
Originally posted by ALCATRAZ

It means "Elbow pain" = Envy.

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

http://members.cox.net/fantasychamp/power.jpg
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2002, 20:10
International
International

Teams: Benfica, Portugal
Quote:
Originally posted by ALCATRAZ

Literally it means "elbow pain".

....There was also a conspiracy against Sporting to keep them out of 1st place by 26 points. The conspiracy is about to be revealed in a public judicial forum soon enough. It's hasn't anything to do with Golden whistles, but with Golden Showers, as Sporting Administration and coaching has conspired to piss all over themselves this season.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old August 22nd, 2002, 07:22
Star Player

Teams: Portugal, Sporting
Quote:
Isn't it Ironic?!
No. It's not ironic. Nothing about the event was ill-timed, or sarcastic considering the circumstances. THAT'S what Irony means. Damn Alannis Morrisette for encouraging the ****ed up understanding of this word. :fero:

If they'd dropped the award on his bad ankle and broken it, thereby incapacitating him with the very award they'd intended to honour him with, THAT would be irony.

In all seriousness, I was happy to see Figo look more like his old self, but let's not be overly optimistic, he's not completely back yet.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old August 22nd, 2002, 14:19 Thread Starter
Star Player

I see! But Envy of what?
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2002, 15:31
Premier Player

Teams: SL Benfica, Portugal NT
actually growing up i heard figo was a follower of benfica
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2002, 16:58
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally posted by OGOLO

Reaallyy, well that would be ironic wouldnt it, or would it - whateva!

FORCA BENFICA!!!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2002, 16:07 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally posted by OGOLO
That I am not sure of but in SCP's new stadium Figo and his dad has bought seats engraved with their names in it. Sort of like regular VIP season ticket holders!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in