Sporting 3 - P. Ferreira 0 - 2001/02 Portuguese League - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2002, 22:23 Thread Starter
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan-Sporting CP-USA-Mexico
Sporting 3 - P. Ferreira 0 - 2001/02 Portuguese League

This game could have easily been 6-0, but some near misses (JVP's header was shocking) prevented it. Jardel should have had goal number three, but it's easy to forget the man can't dribble to save his life even if it is just he and the goalie.

Other than that, not much to quibble about. JVP was brilliant again. Jardel had two nice opportunistic goals (No PKs, so F you naysayers ). Hugo Vianna is quickly becoming a midfield general. His passing continues to improve and it was nice to see him net his first goal.

The defense looked very solid, although those two headers could easily have been goals. I don't know if that was bad defense (the defenders were where they should have been) or simply some very strong air play by the P.F. players.

With Boavista also winning, this means the showdown coming up will be a monster. I can't wait.

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, but how drunk you get."

"There's no justice like mob justice."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2002, 23:42
Rising Star

Teams: Sporting Clube de Portugal/ Real Madrid
Re: Sporting 3 - P.F. 0

Quote:
Originally posted by Dae

With Boavista also winning, this means the showdown coming up will be a monster. I can't wait.
If that does happen. Alot of mix feelings will be going through any SCP fan. Excitement, Fear, Nevousness, ETC....(it goes on)

That game will be the decison maker!!! I just soiled myself :embarass:

Is it just me but is Joao Pinto playing outstanding these days....GEEZ talking about stepping up!!

:-D
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2002, 21:34
Rising Star

Teams: SPORTING
Tell me about!!!!

Joao pinto is playing so awesome and hopefully he can carry his great play into wc'2002!!!

Basically, if it wasn't for Joao pinto's hard work getting Jardel the ball all season long, I don't think jardel would be where he's at now!!

It looks like Scp Vs Boavista will be the clincher!!

I know that game will be so full of emotion and excitement and the atmosphere at the Estadio de Bessa will give you goosebumps!!

I hear that Boavista's president is already playing mind games by saying that Scp are favoured to win the championship!!

I hope that the scp players and coaches don't buy into that ****!!

What's the goaltending situation now??
Will Scp look to buy a goaltender now that tiago is apparently injured??

Good Luck to Scp rest of the way!!!!

Viva Sporting and Viva Portugal!!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2002, 16:55
Star Player

JVP is indeed the maestro!

Superb win! PC never really had a chance, on defense we pretty much shut down their Counter attacking lanes that's why it looked like they couldn't string 2 passes together!

-I wonder how the Ref's favored us this week?... Maybe SCP's socks were not in code or something and therefore a PK should of been awarded to PC or maybe SCP's 3 goals were all offsides!

Us and Boavista were all pulling away now opening up and 11 point lead over Porto and SLB plays today but I expect them to win so we've got 9 on them!

It will probably come down to the Boa game at the Bessa which until 2000 when we won 1-0 we hadn't won in 10 yrs then we lost there again last year! Should be fun!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2002, 18:07
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Benfica; Portugal
Was this game on live in the US? I couldn't find it...

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

http://members.cox.net/fantasychamp/power.jpg
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2002, 19:13
Rising Star

First Scp live game in about two months and should be like that for the next two weeks and that includes Boavista.
Maybe RTPi are getting there act together!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2002, 19:14 Thread Starter
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan-Sporting CP-USA-Mexico
Quote:
Originally posted by Pila
Was this game on live in the US? I couldn't find it...

2 p.m. on RTPi

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, but how drunk you get."

"There's no justice like mob justice."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in