LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2002, 21:55 Thread Starter
Premier Player
Star Player

Teams: Benfica
Boavista vs Sporting - 2001/02 Portuguese League

The game is still two weeks away.

BUT SO WHAT!!!!!!

The past two champions will be meeting up in a game that will no doubt produce hard tackles, missed calls, diving, insults, a few goals and maybe even a championship.

LET THE SMACK TALKING BEGIN!!!!!!

(but keep it clean )

“Despite popular belief, golf is not a waste of time.”
-Opening remark in Goofy's "How to Play Golf"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2002, 22:22
Rookie

Both clubs won today and it is a very close race 60 to 59 right now, neither look like they will lose points anytime soon. I predict a 1-0 Boavista win.

Goal scored by Goulart
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2002, 05:10
Star Player

Teams: Portugal NT ,Maritimo & Fremantle Dockers
Man this is the Game of all Games concerning this season !!!

Boa & Sporting Supportters all over the world must have stomach ulcers worrying about this game !!
Both have had great seasons all season and yet it could be decided by one game , one bad period , one bad kick or one freakish kick, one unbeleivable save or an incident where the GK may want to run & cry .......you get the picture

" We are descended from a nation of great warriors & we are capable of recovering and returning to play" - Jaime Pacheco 11-9-01.

Click Here for Couto 5's McDonalds Adventures

post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2002, 11:26
manuel

Hopefully a Boa win but i predict a 2-2 draw. Theres too much at steak for either team to be too adventurous.
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2002, 12:51
Star Player

I predict a 1-1 draw

Boavista going ahead through Petit on the counter after 50 minutes. the game ebbs & flows wildly for the next 30 minutes , the 2 sides show why they are the top 2 in Portugal !!
on the 81st minute Joao Pinto headers the ball past Ricardo to even it up for Sporting !!

" We are descended from a nation of great warriors & we are capable of recovering and returning to play" - Jaime Pacheco 11-9-01.

post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2002, 15:49
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan-Sporting CP-USA-Mexico
As for a score, I'm not sure what to predict. I could easily see a 0-0 slug fest like last season. However, I feel quite certain the game will contain a lot of fouls and tackles and shoving. These teams don't hate each other like the SCP-Porto game is getting to, but I know intensely important matches like this don't go without incident. It's been a while since the top two contenders met this late in teh season with literally the championship in the balance. Talk about sweet. I'm already getting goose-bumps.

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, but how drunk you get."

"There's no justice like mob justice."
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2002, 15:56
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Portugal, SL Benfica, Manchester United
I predict a 0-0 game at half-time. Then at the second half, Sporting begins to attack much more agressively and they will come up with a 2-0 win. With Mario Jardel scoring 1 & Joao Pinto 1 aswell.

O GLORIOSO

post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2002, 17:56
manuel

Boavista have a problem up front. There forwards have'nt scored for ages so i'd say Sporting have the advantage but anything can happen in these games.
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2002, 20:22
Star Player

I believe Serginho scored for Boavista against Santa Clara this past weekend to make 1-0 on a beautiful setup!

This game does give me ulcers cuz like someone said SCP has been too good this year to lose this Championship same for Boa, a loss would be devastating!!!

I believe SCP will show it's true colors and our offense will dismantle Boavista and we'll win 3-0! It will be an all or nothing afair either we'll win 3-0 or tie 0-0!
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2002, 14:56
Star Player

Quote:
Originally posted by manuel
Hopefully a Boa win but i predict a 2-2 draw. Theres too much steak for either team to be too adventurous.
Well if there is too much for them , I'll have mine well done with a sagres and some mashed potatoes & peas & corn !!

post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2002, 17:54
International
International

Teams: Benfica, Portugal
Petit will kill JVP and Viana with hard tackles, softening up Sporting for the BEnfica derby. But Sporting will win. Thus giving Benfica a small opportunity to still catch Boavista for second.

....There was also a conspiracy against Sporting to keep them out of 1st place by 26 points. The conspiracy is about to be revealed in a public judicial forum soon enough. It's hasn't anything to do with Golden whistles, but with Golden Showers, as Sporting Administration and coaching has conspired to piss all over themselves this season.
post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2002, 18:19
Star Player

Quote:
Originally posted by RedEagle
Petit will kill JVP and Viana with hard tackles, softening up Sporting for the BEnfica derby. But Sporting will win. Thus giving Benfica a small opportunity to still catch Boavista for second.
I can live with that! Hopefully we'll be watching that game together and shooting the sh!t about our newborns!
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2002, 18:23
International
International

Quote:
Originally posted by ALCATRAZ

I can live with that! Hopefully we'll be watching that game together and shooting the sh!t about our newborns!
True.

....There was also a conspiracy against Sporting to keep them out of 1st place by 26 points. The conspiracy is about to be revealed in a public judicial forum soon enough. It's hasn't anything to do with Golden whistles, but with Golden Showers, as Sporting Administration and coaching has conspired to piss all over themselves this season.
post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2002, 18:26
Star Player

Quote:
Originally posted by COUTO 5

Well if there is too much for them , I'll have mine well done with a sagres and some mashed potatoes & peas & corn !!
Hahaha! At Steak, I caught that one!

-I'd start out with a caldo verde sopa first as an appetizer then
I like my steak with a piece of presunto and an egg on top, with the thin round Portuguese fries and the yellow rice with black olives! Oh and a bottle of Porta de Ravessa!

-For desert an expresso with a taste of Amaretto or Frangelico and a queijada de nata or what you's call in the continent a pastela de nata!

Looks like I'm going by Casa Portugal for dinner tonight!
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2002, 18:31
Star Player

Quote:
Originally posted by RedEagle

True.

Red, your having a boy, right? Any names picked out? PM me if you don't want others to see, I don't know if you's ever heard of the Mao Olho (badeye or italians call malochia) kind of like a curse!

Some peeps I know take that serious they won't show strangers pictures of their kids! Mao Olho works for some people if they are jealous or somthing and it's not that they mean to do it, it just they are jealous and the mao olho hits! Weird I know!
post #16 of 55 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2002, 18:31
manuel

Quote:
Originally posted by COUTO 5

Sorry at stake as in too much to lose.

Doh! now you'll have me checking my posts like a paranoid post checker or something.
post #17 of 55 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2002, 19:03
International

Quote:
I don't know if you's ever heard of the Mao Olho (badeye or italians call malochia) kind of like a curse!

Some peeps I know take that serious they won't show strangers pictures of their kids! Mao Olho works for some people if they are jealous or somthing and it's not that they mean to do it, it just they are jealous and the mao olho hits! Weird I know!

You sound like a couple of my tias now!

Freaks!

I hope both teams lose. There!!!
post #18 of 55 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2002, 19:13
International
International

Quote:

Red, your having a boy, right? Any names picked out? PM me if you don't want others to see, I don't know if you's ever heard of the Mao Olho (badeye or italians call malochia) kind of like a curse!

Alc, a boy it is. He's due the 26th but I think he'll be out a couple days after. He seems to enjoying himself too much to come out on time. The wife gets kicked more often than a soccer ball at a Sporting game!

As far as names, I wanted it to be Gabriel, Tiago or Simon ().
Gabriel has now been discarded from the list (for a very, very weird coincedence) and I am now in debate over Tiago and Simon. I'm leaning towards Simon. If Simao scores another goal this weekend, it will be done.

Amazing isn't it, that the names I like are all Benfica players. Imagine if Mantorras would have been on a roll.

As for the Mau Olho, I know it for a fact that it exists. Just think of the Portistas in the beginning of the season talking all kinds of trash about our teams, and look where they are now. What comes around goes around.

post #19 of 55 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2002, 19:13
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Benfica; Portugal
I'm surprised I've never heard of that having a grandmother that is super... really superstitious. What the hell is that "Mao Olho"?

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

http://members.cox.net/fantasychamp/power.jpg
post #20 of 55 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2002, 19:18
International

Quote:
Originally posted by Pila
I'm surprised I've never heard of that having a grandmother that is super... really superstitious. What the hell is that "Mao Olho"?
I think he means "mau olhar" or something.

btw- Good luck, RedE & Alc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in