Sporting vs Belenenses - 2001/02 Portuguese League - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old January 21st, 2002, 00:55 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Sporting vs Belenenses - 2001/02 Portuguese League

Congrats on another fine win ( I admit I was hopin u guys would tie the game or lose but to no avial), anyways can someone tell me why was Jardel (monkey man) playing after he got a red card in the previous match - shouldnt the dude be suspended.
Whats the situation??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old January 21st, 2002, 01:54
Rising Star

Teams: SPORTING
Jardel served his 1 game suspension last wednesday against vila real ( taca de portugal).
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old January 21st, 2002, 14:43 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Dats ****ed, I was hopin he wouldnt be available against Belenenses which would mean u guys wouldnt get the 3 points (sorry) & then we could catch up.

Bluddy hell, servin the suspension in some taca game against a weak side; it shouldnt be allowed. You guys without Jardel would be nowhere!!!

post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old January 21st, 2002, 15:09
Star Player

I missed the game. Who scored?
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old January 21st, 2002, 21:56
Rising Star

Teams: SPORTING
which game?

taca or belenenses?
post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old January 21st, 2002, 22:03
Star Player

Jardel scored twice.
The most ridiculous is that Pedro Barbosa played yesterday when he should be awarded with a direct red card against Porto because of that challenge over Ricardo Carvalho (who is still injured). He was sent off for 2 yellow cards and of course he only catches one match of suspension (a cup one!) - the Comissăo Disciplinar da Liga only reduces the punishments, or even absolve (absolvido) like Hugo Viana in that kick in Andrade, and the rare times they add more matches of suspension is in cases like Van Hooijdonk in Campomaior or Mário Silva against Sporting in August. Now Boavista wants to punish Deco in a peculiar way (Deco won't play until Petit is recovered from injury), like Paulinho Santos when he elbowed Joăo Pinto in the face. The idea isn't that bad (of course there should be a neutral medical inspection) but this only happens when some guys decide to! This is the real problem! There's nothing written, when a thing happens there is not a rule to interpretate it and we are always going to watch the duality of criteria (dualidade de critérios). The two men of Porto - Sporting who made fouls for penalty could play the Braga match because they were (despenalizados). The thing is they recognize the referee mistake but they don't punish Joăo Pinto who faked the fouls, and recently made César Peixoto (Belenenses) sent off unfairly with other fake. We aren't going any way with this.
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old January 21st, 2002, 22:15
Star Player

One more thing about the Alvalade Big Brother.
Can you explain me the utility of having cameras in the tunnels? I mean, the cameras aren't going to show any image on our TV's because they are in closed circuit (circuito fechado)*1, then we are going to remain in the same blindness because we just know what they want us to know. I'm sure if they put somebody there instead of the 8 cameras the result would be the same because the silence is the same. And I didn't even mention the fact that pressure over referees can me made in the entire week before the match...

*1 I don't know the word in english. I mean the same thing as only the relatives of the victim can see the death penalty execution in TV.
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old January 21st, 2002, 22:25
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan-Sporting CP-USA-Mexico
Closed circuit is exactly right.

I also think the suspensions being served in a meaningless cup match is absurd, but if it is the same for everyone, then who's to complain.

You're right, OG, without Jardel's golden dome, we would be f*cked.

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, but how drunk you get."

"There's no justice like mob justice."
post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old January 21st, 2002, 22:35
Rising Star

Teams: Sporting Clube de Portugal/ Real Madrid
Quote:
Originally posted by OG BENFIQUISTA

You guys without Jardel would be nowhere!!!
THAT'S WHY WE GOT HIM SCRUB J/K

:-D
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2002, 06:07 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally posted by scpkid

THAT'S WHY WE GOT HIM SCRUB J/K

IM SURPRISED YOUR CALLEN HIM A SCRUB MORON, HE IS YOUR TOP (ONLY) GOALSCORER AFTER ALL, NOT TO MENTION YOUR BIGGEST CHEAT (OHH U GOT J.PINTO TOO) THEY MUST PUT ALOT OF WORK INTO DIVING AT THE AVALADE. J/K

WELL GET U PUNKS
post #11 of 52 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2002, 11:26
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Dae

I also think the suspensions being served in a meaningless cup match is absurd...
It only looks absurd cause SCP was playing Vila Real. If we were playing for example Porto or another 1ŞLiga team would you still think it was absurd? Or do you think the Taça is not important?
post #12 of 52 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2002, 11:34
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally posted by OG BENFIQUISTA

IM SURPRISED YOUR CALLEN HIM A SCRUB MORON, HE IS YOUR TOP (ONLY) GOALSCORER AFTER ALL, NOT TO MENTION YOUR BIGGEST CHEAT (OHH U GOT J.PINTO TOO) THEY MUST PUT ALOT OF WORK INTO DIVING AT THE AVALADE. J/K

WELL GET U PUNKS

I'll explain this one. Its real difficult . You may not have the cognitive power - I know its a big word ask Mummy & Daddy/Uncle (same person) though odds are against them helping you... - to understand but here goes...

Last edited by Dae; January 24th, 2002 at 00:13.
post #13 of 52 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2002, 14:36
Star Player

what's in discussion here is the reason why the League, Cup, Supercup and friendly matches decisions are together when the League Cup is organized by Liga de Clubes and Cup and SuperCup by FPF (and how a decision from the Conselho Disciplinar da Liga can suspend the player from a FPF competition!?!). And also why the hell friendly matches can avoid a player to play in official competitions, this is tottally ridiculous! The dual of criteria starts right here; ending in incompetence.
post #14 of 52 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2002, 15:39
Star Player

Seems to me Jealousy is rearing it's ugly head!!!

-If we didn't have Jardel maybe we wouldn't be where we are! Right! But who feeds him his passes and who creates the offensive opportunities for him!

Unless you's are blind and can't see a F*cking thing, Wasn't JVP the one who fed Jardel for the goal? Yeah I believe it was and wasn't Rui Bento the one who fed him his other goal, Yeah ALC it was!

SO

-I'm not sure if you's see it or not but Offensively SCP moves the ball well with Viana, JVP, Barbosa,Quaresma, and even Rui Jorge starting the attack! If you's haven't noticed you have to basically put it on Jardel's head for him to score cuz he ain't gonna take the ball at midfield and fake his way to the goal!

In one sense I can't understand you Jardel/SCP haters! You's say Jardel has no skill and can only head the ball for goals then in the same breath you's say SCP is only good cuz of Jardel which one is it?!

SO cut the bullsh!t about Jardel!!! He scores the goals which is his job and the others feed him the ball which are their job!

So know your roll and shut yo' mouth.....Next!

...and so far so good cuz we are in first F*cking place and where are you's?!!!.....That's what I thought!!!!!

Last edited by ALCATRAZ; January 22nd, 2002 at 15:47.
post #15 of 52 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2002, 16:13
Rising Star

Did you read the report on the game by Record? It was very ironic cause of the things some people are saying about Jardel, SCP winning cause of the PK and Joăo Pinto (that he's a deciever), it made me laugh...

In the newspaper they said something like:

“Joăo Pinto provou que é enganador. Com uma finta de corpo, enganou Franklim, foi ŕ linha e cruzou para o primeiro ‘penalty’ de que o Sporting beneficiou, um daqueles em que Jardel é mais eficaz: um ‘penalty de cabeça’”

or in english

Joăo Pinto proved once more that he's a deceiver. With a 'body dodge' (doesn't sound good but I think you'll understand what I mean, how do you say finta in english anyway?...) he deceived Franklim, went to the line and crossed the ball to the first "penalty" Sporting was awarded with, one of those in which Jardel is very effective: a "head penalty".
post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2002, 16:30
Star Player

conclusion: a journalist who is a sporting fan. So what? Joăo Pinto is still a ***** doing that fakes, everybody knows him. And that I can't deny from Octávio, he is right, Joăo Pinto é um cabrăo. Do you know what's wrong in here? That stupid arse who wrote that is the same arse that tomorrow is criticizing the referees performances for wrong bookings and penalties. Have shame.
post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2002, 16:45
Rising Star

Yeah rigth... and Joăo Pinto is the only one who does that... come on...

And how can I take you serious anyway, you're supporting what Octávio says... He was able to see JVP faking, but not 'dear' Pena...
post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2002, 16:57
Star Player

I don't mark Joăo Pinto with the exclusive of that as he's certainly not the only who fakes; but one thing is sure: he dives more than the others. Faking is a cabrăo attitude, just that - i'm condemning the attitude, is anything wrong here? I support what Octávio said against JVP, but justifying the losses for that it's completely different and you won't see me supporting it; and for Pena open another thread if you want because I was only referring JVP in his entire carrer (including the 2 penalties and César Peixoto sent off).
post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2002, 17:13
Star Player

Whatever JVP does is working and the fact of the matter is that JVP isn't the only one! It just proves that he is the ultimate team player cuz he knows he will be called a cabrao:rollanir a diver but he still does what he has to do for the good of the team! It's hard to argue with sucess, Meio Amigos!

-Why is that when teams play well they never get the respect they deserve? SCP is a good f*cking team we proved that in the Uefa Cup and we are proving it in the Liga and the Cup! Simple as that we haven't lost in 11 straight Liga games count and that's not counting the Cup games!

-Why don't you's people save your energy and instead of bad mouthing us cuz we are in 1st place watch our beautiful attacking team destroy the opposition for the rest of the season!!!!

Viva O Sporting Clube de Portugal!!!!

Last edited by ALCATRAZ; January 22nd, 2002 at 17:17.
post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2002, 17:15
Rising Star

I just think if you want to codemn this atitude you'll have to talk about a lot of players, not only JVP. And I also think all this talk about him is a little exagerated... About those two penalties, you could say he faked the second one (but I don't think you can say that for sure) but the first one???? I even accept that it migth not be penalty but JVP didn't dive, wether it was a faul or not, he fell cause he had two players around his feet... And Cesar Peixoto has nothing to complain about cause he's a natural born diver too...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in