Sporting/Portugal U19 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old November 8th, 2001, 19:43 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Sporting/Portugal U19

PortugueseSoccer.com
Portugal U-19 calls up 8 Sporting Lisbon youngsters, including Quaresma and Hugo Viana, for upcoming EURO qualifiers tournament in Italy (Nov. 20-24). Portugal must win group with Italy, Moldova, and Belarus to advance to finals.

The players are: Carlos Marques, Custódio Castro, Hugo Viana, Joăo Paiva, Luis Lourenço, Miguel Garci'a, Ricardo Quaresma and Valdir.
Sounds like sporting are doing quite well in the youth department!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2001, 12:01
Rising Star

Always have!
the problem is keeping them
look at Simao,Paulo Costa and Caneira and there are plenty more!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2001, 13:15
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan-Sporting CP-USA-Mexico
True. Sporting have always had top youth players, but the hard part has been keeping them. Maybe now that Sporting apparently have more money than in the past (hell, we managed to sign Jardel and Niculae) we'll make a better effort to keep our young stars. It would kill me to see Quaresma play anywhere but in the Alavade.

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, but how drunk you get."

"There's no justice like mob justice."

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2001, 15:00
Premier Player

Teams: Sporting CP, Portugal, US National Team
Welcome back, Muriel! Did you make it to Portugal for the Sporting-Halmstads match??

Yeah, we are loaded with talent right now. Our B team is leading Division 2b south right now, I believe. After Quaresma and Viana, watch out for that Joao Paiva kid. He scores goals like it's going out of style! Also, there is another kid who was not called up this time, but has been in the past. His name is Christiano Ronaldo.

Viva Sporting - 2001/2002 League Champions!!!

2002/03 Xtratime Fantasy Football Champion - Viva Sagres & Bifanas!!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2001, 15:15
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan-Sporting CP-USA-Mexico
And we still have Chiquino, the guy who led the B team in scoring last season, don't we?

Say, Pen, where do you get all this info on the youth players? From the official site?

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, but how drunk you get."

"There's no justice like mob justice."
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2001, 18:39 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Thanks Penguin
I had a wonderful time in Portugal, and an even better time at the game! I went hoping for a fun game, but didn't imagine that it would contain 7 goals!!
I am now the proud owner of a sweet Sporting hat with bells and a lovely flag, (that once I finish decorating my room will have quite a bit of wall just for itself) And finally everyone in Sao Romao believes me when I say I like football and Sporting! (Now most of them think that I am just plain crazy!)
Photos are being developed, though I'm not sure they will turn out any good, I was too busy jumping up and down

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in